Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What If?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you could become coach of ANY NCAA Division 1 Mens Basketball Team which one would you choose? And Why?
I guess Memphis. It's in an easy conference and even though Memphis does have a big fan base, they're not as "crazy" as fans for Duke, North Carolina, Louisville, Kentucky, etc. Also, the money you would be receiving wouldn't hurt.
I have to go with Kentucky.

Because, it is my home team and I have been a UK fan since the day I was born.

And if I could coach in front of UK fans at the Rupp. That would be my dream.
Thanks to my vast knowledge of basketball and because of those two great (hair pulling) seasons I coached ( asst.) pee-wee, Where I came up with the 2-3 booger defense. Everything was great till all my kids tested positive for Flintstones.
So I think I would be suited for Looserville.
Id quit and coach football LOL!
Most certainly Kentucky. The rich tradition, facilities, and fan support. Plus the school/program recruits by itself.

Why not coach there?
UNLV-The money I would get from Mobs to throw games would account for any other money that I would get from any other schoolSmile..It is just the way we have to roll sometimes...Kidding guys, lol.
Probably Miami..why not get paid for doing something you like and hanging out on the beach..lol
1. UK
1a. UNC

UK because it is my love, and hopefully will be the school that everyone wants to go to. However, if you look at the last 10 years, UNC has been the school that all the Blue-chippers want to go to. I see these two schools battling it out for a long time to see who gets the top recruits year-in and year-out
I would have to say Duke....I would love to play in the atmosphere and coach in that kins of atmosphere....Wouldnt you
bigjim4packers Wrote:Thanks to my vast knowledge of basketball and because of those two great (hair pulling) seasons I coached ( asst.) pee-wee, Where I came up with the 2-3 booger defense. Everything was great till all my kids tested positive for Flintstones.
So I think I would be suited for Looserville.

That's sad to hear. How many games were they suspended?
UK, hands down. I could think of no other atmosphere that would make me happier than standing in the gym that I grew up watching, coaching the team that I love. UK has the best fans through the good and the bad, the support from across the state (and even others really) is phenomenal, and I don't understand how anyone wouldn't want to be part of that.
thetribe Wrote:UK, hands down. I could think of no other atmosphere that would make me happier than standing in the gym that I grew up watching, coaching the team that I love. UK has the best fans through the good and the bad, the support from across the state (and even others really) is phenomenal, and I don't understand how anyone wouldn't want to be part of that.

Good post. I think many of the reasons that you state are based on growing up a UK fan. The general fan across the nation could same the same things about both the UK and UNC programs. Tremendous history, fan support, national recognition, the best facilities and fans that support regardless of how good the teams are.
I would rather coach Morehead St. as Uk....Really...I mean if I couldnt win in two seasons (especially after tubbys mess) and they were calling for my head then I wouldnt coach there...:biggrin:
Deathstar 80 Wrote:That's sad to hear. How many games were they suspended?

no games , just a stiff ice cream suspention. ( only one scoop) I'm tuff but, i'm fair.lol
bigjim4packers Wrote:no games , just a stiff ice cream suspention. ( only one scoop) I'm tuff but, i'm fair.lol

That's hilarious man!