Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Passing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are their any passing in middle school after dead period?
r u wanting 7 on 7?
I had heard of one in the Hardin County area, but it was cancelled.

To be honest, most of the middle schools in the state that do 7 on 7 have started following the high school's lead and participating in those in the spring and summer.

The Kentucky Middle School Football Association coordinated several middle school tournaments at UK, WKU, Murray State, and a handful of others. We had them scheduled for Pikeville and Union but there wasn't enough interest from schools on those ends of the state.

Look for us to have them again next year. They were very well attended (over 20 middle schools came to UK - 3 from out of state) and I feel confident in saying that we will be able to have them again at those locations next year.

Good luck!
nope just curious
On a side note there is no dead period for MS football unless your district states so.
Middle school football is 365 days a year if you want it to be......No restrictions...
Technically, Devilologist is correct.

This is something that the KYMSFA is trying to help clarify. While we want to promote the sport, we also realize that to some degree we have to work with other sports (ie. basketball, baseball, etc.).

This past offseason we were able to offer several opportunities for players who chose not to participate in those other sports a chance to do something football related instead. A handful of schools chose to take part. I can site multiple reasons we were given on why some teams weren't there. However, the overall response seemed to be that most coaches just didn't want to fool with off-season stuff at the middle school level.

While the competitive part of me is certainly glad to hear that my team is getting an edge on those teams, in the same breath I feel bad for those other teams whose players are missing out on unique opportunities just because they have a coach who won't tell them about these events or (worse yet) refuses to take part. To me, that is a travesty.

Our conference rules require us to start team practice on a certain date (July 15th). We gladly honor that date. However, we do participate in 7 on 7s and the combines and because of such we have informal and voluntary practices for players who chose to play in those for our team.