Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jason King says Patrick Patterson is nation's most underrated player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This from rivals.com

Rivals Question:
Who is the nations most underrated player?

Jason King's answer:
Kentucky's shortcomings the past two seasons have kept forward Patrick Patterson from receiving the praise he deserves. He is a workhorse in the paint. His advanced footwork paves the way for a variety of moves that lead to open shots, and he has a soft shooting touch that helps him rack up points away from the basket and at the free-throw line. The most impressive thing about Patterson is his poise. Even on a team with seniors such as Joe Crawford and Ramel Bradley, Patterson clearly was Kentucky's go-to guy before injuring his knee just past the midway point of his freshman season. The big shots he continued to hit and his level-headedness under pressure were rare for someone his age. Patterson also played well as a sophomore last season despite nagging injuries. Some folks were surprised when Patterson opted to stay for his junior season instead of turning pro. Patterson, though, is an excellent student who is on pace to earn his degree after just three years in college. That's quite a feat for any student – but for an athlete, it's almost unheard of. Patterson's name isn't the only one that comes to mind when thinking of underrated players. A few others: Arizona's Nic Wise, Michigan's Manny Harris and Kansas State's Denis Clemente.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/cont...CID=963931

I can't find a way to argue with that. I'm sure theVILLE won't agree, but this all makes sense to me.
It's about time PP is getting some recognition.
Under rated? Nah, I don't buy that. I've never seen him not get his props from the media. Last year all the top analysts for obvious reasons listed Meeks as the best player, but I never heard them not mention the importance of PP and how good he is. Did he deserve All-American status last year? He put up solid numbers on a team that was not very talented, but IMO, not good enough to be a 1st team guy.
Have to agree . PP first year he had to take a back seat to Bradley and Crawford and then lasy year everybody jumped on the Jodie Meks bandwagon. To me he has never got the full credit he deserves and now playing one year under Coach Cal will certainly elevate his stock for the NBA.
well whenever meeks was cold they relied on PP. all of his first year they relied on him. i mean the guy was putting up 20 and 10 pretty much night in and night out. the bad thing i believe he could've got 5-8 more rebounds a game. IMO! that would've made him at least 2nd team AA.
Stardust Wrote:Under rated? Nah, I don't buy that. I've never seen him not get his props from the media. Last year all the top analysts for obvious reasons listed Meeks as the best player, but I never heard them not mention the importance of PP and how good he is. Did he deserve All-American status last year? He put up solid numbers on a team that was not very talented, but IMO, not good enough to be a 1st team guy.

Great Post
Down and Out Wrote:Have to agree . PP first year he had to take a back seat to Bradley and Crawford and then lasy year everybody jumped on the Jodie Meks bandwagon. To me he has never got the full credit he deserves and now playing one year under Coach Cal will certainly elevate his stock for the NBA.

How will it help his stock that much he was allready at 12-20 on alot of lists for this past draft....a guard heavy draft next year may help or hurt...
Weeeeeeeeeee
Stardust Wrote:Under rated? Nah, I don't buy that. I've never seen him not get his props from the media. Last year all the top analysts for obvious reasons listed Meeks as the best player, but I never heard them not mention the importance of PP and how good he is. Did he deserve All-American status last year? He put up solid numbers on a team that was not very talented, but IMO, not good enough to be a 1st team guy.

Nice post, I can't argue with you here Stardust.

It seems like Jason King is in love with Cal's Cats lately.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Nice post, I can't argue with you here Stardust.

It seems like Jason King is in love with Cal's Cats lately.

:Thumbs:
The freshman may be taking some of the lime light but, we need him for his leadership and rebounding.( if john wall misses lol) probably fills more unappreciated than underrated.