Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Big Sandy predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How will everyone do this year??? Who will come 1st 2nd and so on.
i say belfry will be towards the middle to bottom in there class
LCC Middle will repeat as champions.
Large School
Johnson Central
Lethcer Central
Perry County
Belfy
Martin County
Breathitt County (sorry Breathitt folks, just don't know much about your program)

Small School
Letcher 7th
Johnson 7th
Betsy Layne (the sleeper of the conference, they will be tough)
Hazard
Magoffin
Paintsville
Adams
hawg laig Wrote:Large School
Johnson Central
Lethcer Central
Perry County
Belfy
Martin County
Breathitt County (sorry Breathitt folks, just don't know much about your program)

Small School
Letcher 7th
Johnson 7th
Hazard
Magoffin
Paintsville
Adams

What's Betsy Layne look like?
They go two deep at all skill positions. They have a starting quarterback with a cannon arm, and he has a back-up who is dangerous on a rollout pass. Strong quick backs, with backups with less size but perhaps even more speed. If there is any weakness it may be their line. They will be playing some very able but untest 7th graders on offense. They will be the class of Floyd County.
hawg laig Wrote:Large School
Johnson Central
Lethcer Central
Perry County
Belfy
Martin County

Small School
Letcher 7th
Johnson 7th
Hazard
Magoffin
Paintsville
Adams

I hope the small school is in no particular order.
You have two 7th grade teams picked over Betsy Layne, Hazard and Adams ???
Large School
Johnson Central
Breathitt
Letcher Central
Belfry
Perry Central
Martin County

Small School
Johnson Central 7th
Betsy Layne
Hazard
Magoffin
Adams
Letcher Central 7th
Paintsville
Adams
Lambert#1 you are picking Johnson Central over the cougars?
It should be a tough conference again. I don't know what all teams lost off last years squad. I do think though that LCC and Sabastion will be somewhere in the tops, but Johnson Central was the 7th grade champs last season. So I will go with JCMS,LCCMS and then Sabastion MS.
canoeman
I see it as a matter of numbers. A 7th grade class from a large school will typically have more players tht a 7-8 from a small school, and when you add holdbacks to the equation, it puts a small school at a serious disadvantage.

Regarding Adams, your team, you are an unknown. AMS could go 10-0 or 0-10.
cougarpride08 Wrote:lambert#1 you are picking johnson central over the cougars?

cougars not this year jc is good
hawg laig Wrote:canoeman
I see it as a matter of numbers. A 7th grade class from a large school will typically have more players tht a 7-8 from a small school, and when you add holdbacks to the equation, it puts a small school at a serious disadvantage.

Regarding Adams, your team, you are an unknown. AMS could go 10-0 or 0-10.

Good point on the numbers. We lost 18 8th graders from last season. We averaged around 35-40 for conditioning at the end of school, so numbers should not be a problem though. I'm sure there is always a first time for everything but we are 9-0 versus 7th grade schools in the last six years and our worst record has been 8-5 overall. Just a little history of our "unknown Prestonsburg" team. Anyway, thanks for the bulletin board motivational help we may need it. We have already been tabbed for the bottom of Floyd County and now the bottom of the Big Sandy. :thanks:

On a side note, Breathitt has contacted me and decided to not play for the conference title this season. School reasons ????
Lambert #1 Wrote:Large School
Johnson Central
Breathitt
Letcher Central
Belfry
Perry Central
Martin County

Small School
Johnson Central 7th
Betsy Layne
Hazard
Magoffin
Adams
Letcher Central 7th
Paintsville
Adams

Large school sounds about right but can't see Adams at the bottom of small school. Adams is never a team that will just roll over for you. For small school I think it is between 3 teams Johnson Central 7th, Betsy Layne, and Letcher.
Breathitt dropping out is a piece of bad news. It would have been good for them and good for the conference.

When I said unknown, I was referring to how many young men you sent to PHS, not your history. You reload, not rebuild, but Adams graduated a lot of talent last year. You have a lot of big shoes to fill, especially since Adams is known to have very few, if ever holdbacks

As far as motivation, I hope, if any post on here can get your team fired up, blow the post up to poster size and hang it in the locker room.

Godd luck coach
The way I see it, you are the defending champs, and until you loose you have to be the favorite. Remember we didn't loose to Johnson Central in the 7th grade final by much. What is wrong with you cougar fans out there. Stand by your team until they get beat.
Allen is in the small school as well.
Canoeman,
I was just agreeing with you about putting Adams at the bottom. I noticed that you put them there, not sure why but I just went ahead and agreed with you. I know this for sure, you wore Letcher's 7th grade team out last year and I am sure you have some good 7th graders of your own to replace those kids moving on to high school. Your a heck of a coach and I'm sure you will get the most out of your boys this year. So is Sebastian going to play regular season in the Big Sandy and not play the tourny or are they completely out all together?????
:Thumbs: I love this time of year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ALLEN EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!
Betsy Layne had 23 0r 24 7th and 8th graders out for practice this week, and had several still on vacation. Looking good with #s...Go BOBCATS
BOBCAT-BLACK & GOLD Wrote:Betsy Layne had 23 0r 24 7th and 8th graders out for practice this week, and had several still on vacation. Looking good with #s...Go BOBCATS

The numbers are definitely up this year! Can't wait for pads! Go BOBCATS!!!:popcorn:
betsy layne will be in the top 3 for there division
I think some of you are looking over the Adams team and Coach Howell always is a competitor. I still think the bobcats are in it to win it.

Go bobcats
Adams has won the Floyd Co. Con. probably 5 of the last 6 years and always get new kids from somewhere.Look for the same old habits this year. Adams will be a team to beat.
Good luck Floyd Co. teams, play hard ...
I would say 4 out of 6 maybe, I know SF won county four years ago. They had the Watts kid that was unbelievable.
Floyd Co. Champions
2008 A. BL
B. AMS
C. AMS
2007 A. AMS
B. AMS
C. AMS
2006 A. AMS
B. BL
C. AMS
2005 A. SF
B. BL
C. BL
AMS A-Team has won 2 out of the last four. B-Team 2 out of four and C-team 3 out of four.
hawg laig Wrote:Floyd Co. Champions
2008 A. BL
B. AMS
C. AMS
2007 A. AMS
B. AMS
C. AMS
2006 A. AMS
B. BL
C. AMS
2005 A. SF
B. BL
C. BL
AMS A-Team has won 2 out of the last four. B-Team 2 out of four and C-team 3 out of four.

Since it appears we are going back 4 years now, IMO it appears that AMS would be the overwhelming favorite to win the Floyd County Championship this year. Read the quote above....pretty clear to see that AMS has dominated county football in Floyd County. All those c team and b team championship teams move up to A team. AMS was champions in both those divisions for the past two years. However, the fact that people place AMS last in the county and the Sandy Valley Conference only takes the pressure off them to win it all again. GOOD LUCK BLACKCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :champ:
badbunton Wrote:Since it appears we are going back 4 years now, IMO it appears that AMS would be the overwhelming favorite to win the Floyd County Championship this year. Read the quote above....pretty clear to see that AMS has dominated county football in Floyd County. All those c team and b team championship teams move up to A team. AMS was champions in both those divisions for the past two years. However, the fact that people place AMS last in the county and the Sandy Valley Conference only takes the pressure off them to win it all again. GOOD LUCK BLACKCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :champ:

That would be true, but Betsy Layne has several holdbacks from a team that beat us last season 14-8. The Bobcats two best players are back for another season of grade school football. They will be tough !!!!
We have 5 new players that will only help our chances though......
Too much football heart and pride in the AMS football program to be counted out so easily. I just feel people are overlooking them. I, however, will give them the respect that program has earned. I am still pulling for them to win County! :Cheerlead
Pages: 1 2