Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009 New Harlan Patriots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hear they should be pretty good. Still waiting to see a schedule.
Patriot Wrote:I hear they should be pretty good. Still waiting to see a schedule.

Johnson County would love to schedule a game with New Harlan this year
New Harlan can come up and play At Russell this year!!!
Johnson County is far and away the front runner to win the Big Sandy Conference this year with all those 7th graders coming back. I'd travel to watch them and New Harlan hook it up this season. I was able to watch both of these teams play last year and I think it would be a great game to watch.
Letcher County plays New Harlan sometime in September but not sure of the date.
I think that this will be even a bigger rivalry.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I think that this will be even a bigger rivalry.

This is a schedule (7/8) that I came across. Not sure if it's 100% accurate or not. This team should be just about as good as last years IMO. I have ran into a couple of the linemen this summer and I can't get over how these kids have grown. They should have another good season.

AUG-13 CORBIN HOME.
AUGUST-15 LESLIE TBA.
AUGUST-20 KNOX HOME.
AUGUST -22 JOHNSON CENTRAL LETCHER CO. BOWL
AUGUST-27 CUMBERLAND AWAY.
SEPTEMBER-3 BELL CO. HOME
SEPTEMBER-10 LETCHER CO. AWAY
SEPTEMBER-12 WHITLEY CO. UNION COLLEGE.
SEPTEMBER-17 LESLIE CO. HOME.
SEPTEMBER-24 EVARTS. AWAY.
SEPTEMBER-26 BREATHITT CO. UNITE BOWL.
OCTOBER-1 KNOX. AWAY.
OCTOBER-3 & 7TH PLAYOFFS. @ EVARTS.
OCTOBER-17 & 24 & 31.. KYMSFB..PLAYOFFS
Wow, that seems like alot of games to me. Do most teams play that many games?
More games the more playing time for the kids,
Just seems like alot of games to me for middle school kids to be playing considering most High school teams only play 10 or 11 games in a season.
plantmanky Wrote:Just seems like alot of games to me for middle school kids to be playing considering most High school teams only play 10 or 11 games in a season.
That first game listed against Corbin is probably a scrimmage. Can anyone confirm if the Patriots play Johnson Central in that bowl game at Letcher Co?
Mama Bear Wrote:That first game listed against Corbin is probably a scrimmage. Can anyone confirm if the Patriots play Johnson Central in that bowl game at Letcher Co?

I coach At Johnson County and as far as I know we are not playing in a bowl at Letcher. That would put us possibly going to Letcher three times.
MR. Slate Wrote:I coach At Johnson County and as far as I know we are not playing in a bowl at Letcher. That would put us possibly going to Letcher three times.

How about the Unite bowl at Leslie County?
Patriot Wrote:How about the Unite bowl at Leslie County?

I am pretty sure we are matched up versus Corbin. If you guys want to work out a game give me a PM.
I wondered if that schedule was right or not. Can anyone confirm if we are even playing in the Letcher Co. Bowl? LOL I should run into Coach Wood next week. He's probably got his schedule pretty well set by now. If we are in that Letcher Bowl, that would be a good time to play. The Patriots played at Leslie County 4 times last year. They played one regular season game, played in the Unite Bowl , and then they played two tournament games over there. I'm sure Letcher would return the favor next year by giving you all plenty of home games.:biggrin:
I am still trying to get a hold of a schedule. Still waiting to talk to coach howard.
Mama Bear
The Letcher County Bowl fell through. NH is not playing Johnson Central in Letcher County. The teams from Clarke County bailed out on them and this means no bowl this year over this way. Wow, just as good as last year's team. That's huge because last years team was great in my opinion.
I think we can be even better this year. Don't count out the cougars this year. Hey Lambert, clark co bailed out? Why?
The patriots are the best i have seen
Probably because Letcher Central put a beating on Clark Co last year.
I seen the Patriots and they are big. i think they are bigger then was last year.

i told somebody the other day that Cumberland would give them a good game. now that i seen them Cumberland is trouble.
How come New Harlan and Cumberland have separate teams.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:How come New Harlan and Cumberland have separate teams.
Before the consolidation Cumberland Elem. fed Cumberland High School.

Evarts and Black Mountain Elem. fed Evarts High School.

Hall, Cawood Elem., Wallins, Rosspoint, and Green Hills fed Cawood High School

Cawood High used to have two feeder team's West Harlan and JACHS. The numbers became too low to field a team and they combined both of those teams to make the New Harlan Patriots.

The Patriots have nearly 40 7th and 8th graders out and the 5/6 have nearly 30 players out so far.
During the late 60s, 70s and 80s, Cawood had three feeder teams - Loyall, Wallins and Hall.
Here is a current copy of the New Harlan Patriots 2009 Shedule

August 20 Knox Co. Home
August 27 Cumberland Away
September 3 Bell Co. Home
September 10 Letcher Co. Away
September 15 Bell Co. Away
September 17 Leslie Co. Home
September 24 Evarts Away
September 26 Sebastian Leslie Co.
October 1 Knox Co. Away

October 3 Playoffs @Evarts
October 10 Playoffs @ Evarts