Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Xavier and CJ Henry to Kentucky??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys,

Just listened to Carl Henry, the father of Xavier and CJ Henry and he has told a radio station in Kansas City that Xavier is not happy with Kansas and a recent article that was written about the Henry family. Carl Henry stated that Xavier Henry wanted to go to Kentucky, but that his mother, did not want to move to Kentucky, however, things have now changed. Xavier's mother now want Xavier to decide if he wants to play for Coach Calipari in Kentucky and if so, then she is willing to move to Kentucky to watch Xavier play at Kentucky....

Just when we thought that we were done with adding players, then we maybe adding two more to the roster.... Stay tuned, this is going to be crazy if he does decide to attend UK:Thumbs:
I think I would like them to come to UK. It would make us more deep.
this is awesome, i hope he comes. this is what i found on KSR

"Xavier Henry’s father just did an interview with a Kansas radio station in which he suggested that the circus around his son might not be over. He said that Xavier was having serious second thoughts about Kansas and that the family was “meeting tonight” to determine what they would do. He said Kentucky is an option, but Europe is not.

There is of course no word whether UK would still be interested or what drama might still play out of this…but if the meeting is tonight, get your refresh button ready. And our host provider should now be on red alert!"

http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=22571
Could this possibly be why Coach Cal said the roster may not be finalized?
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:I think I would like them to come to UK. It would make us more deep.

Bledsoe would see a lot less playing time if Xavier comes. But Xavier would definitely fill the question mark Kentucky now has at the 2 spot.
God i love kentucky basketball!!!
Does anyone have the article that was written about the Henry Family that has gotten them so upset?
It's in the Kansas City Star, I believe.... I will try and find a link
If C.J was to come to UK does that mean we would have to get rid of one more player, or are we ok with the scholarships?
cougarpride08 Wrote:If C.J was to come to UK does that mean we would have to get rid of one more player, or are we ok with the scholarships?

C.J's schooling is paid for by the New York Yankees so everything is fine if they come
after reading that article, it sounds to me like Xavier wants to go and play ball somewhere else besides Kansas
I'm sure these dudes are very talented and could bring a lot to the table talent-wise. I just worry they may be more of a distraction than a help to us though. If some of those quotes that were in the article was really what was said, they seem like a pretty arrogant bunch. Maybe that's why the article ******** them off. I hear the younger brother is a good shooter though. We do need someone to fill the void left by Meeks's departure.
So if Henry does end up coming, would we have the best recruiting class in histroy?
C.Clair Wrote:So if Henry does end up coming, would we have the best recruiting class in histroy?

id say so C.C. there is a meeting thats gonna take place tonight with the Henry Family and Coach Self and Coach Manning to discuss the Future of Xavier.
Wow this Is funny, How Many Tricks does Coach Cal Have?
Okay boys be ready for the freatest recruiting class you will EVER I mean EVER see because this is a one in a million class. GO CATS MAKE IT 8
C.Clair Wrote:So if Henry does end up coming, would we have the best recruiting class in histroy?

HE** I have to say yes...you probably will if that happens...but young talent is good and hopefully they come back the next few years could be fun to watch, even though I am a VILLE fan....However the first season I dont think they will win a title or nothing and will struggle at the beggining of the season
Best Recruiting class In history Sounds Nice
This will be by far, the best recruiting class in the nation, by far....
"The KSR crew is hearing from multiple sources that Xavier Henry to Kentucky is likely. Now, to be sure, nothing is confirmed yet and if this situation has taught us anything, it is to wait until all the dust settles. But as of right now, things are looking pretty good.

Matt Scott, who works for The Shiver, said on Kentucky Ink: “I have been told by two very good sources that they are UK bound and that this has been in the works for some time now.” Apparently, Chris Fisher has been hearing the same. Couple that with what the KSR crew has been hearing, and you’ve got yourself a lot a chatter saying Xavier to UK is looking like the likely ending to this saga.
A
gain, nothing official as of yet, but it sounds like everyone’s sources are in agreement that the Henry’s to UK is likely."

http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=22592
I hate to be a downer but I think everyone should read what Bomani Jones posted on KSR. He summarizes my feelings about the Henry's.

With Xavier UK clearly becomes THE most talented team in the NCAA, but man alive it has got to scare you to death with all the personalities that will be vested into the UK program who won't even be on the court.
From what I have read on sites, the freshmen that have already came in and has been working the pick up games have gellec very nicely. Orton and Henry played on the same AAU team while in high school and they are pretty good friends.
I agree with a lot of the issues that may surface, but gosh, do you tell a 5 star Shooting Guard who is rated number 1 at his position, thanks, but no thanks, we don't have a spot for you on our roster??? I don't think so, that's Calipari's job to mesh these young men into a TEAM
Why isn't ESPN making this a big headline?
We'd have the best team in the nation and better than half the pro teams.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Why isn't ESPN making this a big headline?

Because were not duke or north carolina Smile
Andy Katz has reported on this, but really nothing to report until Xavier or CJ officially say something, either we're staying at Kansas or going to UK
bigjim4packers Wrote:We'd have the best team in the nation and better than half the pro teams.

:eyeroll:'

Get real. The best team in the NCAA could not beat the worst team in the NBA.
Xavier just said that he was going to honor his commttment to Kansas, he told 610 in Kansas City, the same radio station that his dad was on this afternoon.

What does he do now? How can he go to Kansas and look his new teammates in the eye and tell them that, yes, I really want to be here when he has said over and over again, I want to be at Kentucky...