Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009 Middle School Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So when do schools start playing ball.
I know we are looking at July 15th for conditioning and start with helmet and shorts on Aug 1st. Pads on the second week and prolly a scrimmage on the beginning of the third week. We are looking at our first game on Aug 22nd.
So what does everyone else look like????
We start in Helmets July 13, full shells July 20 and full pads July 27. Our first games are on August 15th.
What school are you from plantmanky? Does anyone have info on LCC middle?
I know a ton of schools that start some where between July 15 and the 20th. Of those schools most are doing scrimages by the end of July or the first of Aug.
tough,, no time off>>
Spencer County starts on July 15th.

First scrimmage is August 1st.

First game is August 11th at Anderson County.
According to our high school calendar (Greenup County), the middle schoolers have a Youth Camp July 13th thru the 15th. Middle school practices start July 27th.
:eyeroll::eyeroll:
FF40212 Wrote:Spencer County starts on July 15th.

First scrimmage is August 1st.

First game is August 11th at Anderson County.

I was very impressed with Spencer Co.'s middle school football team. Very nice group of young athletes that I saw playing in 7 on 7. Why don't you and coach Mitchell get together and schedule a 7th and an 8th grade game with each other?
Thank you for the compliments. I have never been one to make excuses, but honestly we were down a few players that would have really helped us at UK. I am one who practices what I preach in that we don't care what our players have going on (baseball, 4H camp, vacations, etc.) - we sign up for summer events and take the kids that can go and play. We will never NOT go because we don't think we can win. If nothing else, those situations give our other (and sometimes younger) players a chance that they may not had been able to have if those other players had been there?

As for us playing Mitchell, he doesn't want any of us! ha ha ha ha ha

Just kidding, of course.

LexCath came to our 7 on 7 on May 30th.

We do have a couple of common opponents in Bondurant and Anderson County. As for playing, I guess he and I are probably too competitive so it may be best we don't play so we can stay friends! ha ha ha ha
Betsy Layne starts conditioning practices on July 15. Still trying to find someone to play us on Aug. 15 as a scrimmage for our 2nd Annual Blue & White Night.