Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK offers Perry Ellis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UK has offered a scholarship to Perry Ellis. Ellis is the top rated player in his class (2012). he's 6'8.
any video on him?
cougarpride08 Wrote:any video on him?

Is there a link to this story any place?
here's what i found on KSR

" Now on to my bread and butter, a little recruiting news. Word spread late Friday night that John Calipari has officially offered 2012 prospect Perry Ellis. He is from Kansas and is consistently named as one of the top 5 players in his class, many even putting him as numero uno. Memphis, while under Calipari’s control, had offered Ellis, so the continuing interest by the UK staff comes as no surprise. He also holds a third offer from Kansas. He will be the lone 2012 prospect attending the Lebron James Skills Academy, which I will also be at, so I’ll try to get some more information on his interest in UK while in Akron."

its the 4th story down.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/
Thanks King!:worthy:
Nice start for the 2010 recruiting class
hes got alot of room to improve by what i saw,compared to what we have now, but i say he will be there by that time.
Nice move COACH CALI!
Coach Cal is just relentless when it comes to recruiting.
That would be a big time recruit for us.
I Love This Coach And he Hasnt Won A Game In Uk BLue
Stardust Wrote:Nice start for the 2010 recruiting class

This would be for the 2012 class...
How old is he exactly?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:How old is he exactly?

Perry is 15 years old. Here is an article of him in the Dime magazine. Go to page 52-55 and check it out.

http://dimemagazine.epubxpress.com/wps/p...IAI3F0i4!/
Fantastic news. I really hope that UK is the school of choice for him.
The highlights I watched of him posted on KSR were almost all boxing out his man and rebounding in traffic. You gotta love that for a kid that young!
cuppett777 Wrote:hes got alot of room to improve by what i saw,compared to what we have now, but i say he will be there by that time.

Well he is only a freshman. Just think what he could be like in three or four years that is what is scary.

kentucky ink Chris Fisher posted this

- John Calipari recently offered a scholarship to 2012 Wichita Heights (Kan.) power forward Perry Ellis. Cal had offered Ellis while at Memphis (his sister, Savannah, will be a junior on the Memphis women's team) and extended a new offer after Ellis returned from the Vince Carter Skills Academy in Orlando, where he was the only freshman invite. Ellis led Wichita Heights (24-1) to the Kansas state championship last season as a freshman en route to being named Kansas state player of the year. Ellis also holds a scholarship offer from Kansas.
"It means a lot," Ellis' mother, Fonda, said. "He offered him in January at Memphis and now to know that he still wants Perry to attend Kentucky means a lot too."
I tend to think it will be tough to pry Ellis out of Lawrence, but there is plenty of time to try.
ROUNDBALL RECRUITING

Perry Ellis Update
Saturday, 27 June 2009 12:27 Micah Pearson Guest Basketball
User Rating: / 0
Poor Best
Who is thinking 2009, 2010 or even 2011? Lets talk 2012 recruiting...according to shiver.com Perry Ellis who is a 6'8 PF in the 2012 class has got his third offer. Rivals nor Scout has put out rankings but many see Ellis as a top five prospect in his class. He has already been offered by two top programs and now he has his third. Is it to soon to offer these kids? Clearly some programs don't think so... According to shiver.com Ellis was offered by his home state school Kansas, then Calipari offered him while he was at Memphis and now Calipari has offered him at Kentucky. Ellis was the only 2012 player to be invited to the Vince Carter Nike Skills Academy in Orlando where he proved he was worth being invited.
The question remains how young is to soon to offer? How young is to soon to take a commitment? Even if NCAA made a ruling a school can not offer until a certain age, all a coach has to do is say, "I can't offer you yet, but you will get an offer when we are allowed to give you one." So this turns into pretty much an offer...
If you are a coach and other schools are offering a young recruit, if you don't this could be the difference between them picking you or another school down the road because the other school was willing to show commitment towards him first. Coaches want the inside edge.
So is this a mistake by Kansas and well Calipari twice? No, because Perry Ellis has already proven his ability to compete with the best in the country. If coaches offer very young talent based on potential alone or they simply saw him perform well at one camp and tried to grab him before another school got in the mix.....that is a dangerous game to play that will come back to bite you. Perry Ellis is not being offered based upon just potential or performance at one camp, Self and Calipari know how to evaluate talent and they know Ellis is worth the early offer.
With people already talking about this kid nationally, it is a great move on Cal's part to offer him. He wanted him at Memphis, to show continued interest in him may be the ticket to getting him to UK.
A recruit they may possibly get in the 2011 class is Michael Gilchrist he is 15yrs old and 6' 8" 218lbs. from N.J.

S.I. has him in the top 3 and ESPN has him #1. Kevin Garnett type. He first wanted to go to Memphis but, know is open to everything.
Wow. Where's these 6'8 15 year old players coming from. LOL

But, I hope we get him.
the reason i like this so much is cause cal is going anywhere he wants no matter if it is kansas and saying "hey man if you want to play with the best in the country here is your chance. plus i dont who else wants you. i'm the only one who matters." that type of attitude is what will get you these guys.
bigjim4packers Wrote:A recruit they may possibly get in the 2011 class is Michael Gilchrist he is 15yrs old and 6' 8" 218lbs. from N.J.

S.I. has him in the top 3 and ESPN has him #1. Kevin Garnett type. He first wanted to go to Memphis but, know is open to everything.

not were you got your information from he is not 6'8 218lbs and probably not 15 either.

Mike Gilchrist
Small forward
Elizabeth (NJ) St. Patrick
AAU: Team Jordan

Ht: 6-foot-6
Wt: 190 lbs
Class: 2011 (High School)
bbhoops Wrote:not were you got your information from he is not 6'8 218lbs and probably not 15 either.

Mike Gilchrist
Small forward
Elizabeth (NJ) St. Patrick
AAU: Team Jordan

Ht: 6-foot-6
Wt: 190 lbs
Class: 2011 (High School)

It was in the Sports Illustrated July 13th issue Where Will They Be?. I was going to fly out to New Jersey and measure and weight him for myself but, I figured I'd take S.I.'s word for it. S.I. says "A consensus top three in his class,the 6'8", 218-pound sophmore. His age at the top of the page is 15. Sorry, if he may have grown a little since last year but, 15 year old kids do that. Next time understand different places report different things, ESPN 100 says 6'6" 190lbs. Which has been on there for a year. Which is plenty of time to grow 2".:Thumbs:
bigjim4packers Wrote:It was in the Sports Illustrated July 13th issue Where Will They Be?. I was going to fly out to New Jersey and measure and weight him for myself but, I figured I'd take S.I.'s word for it. S.I. says "A consensus top three in his class,the 6'8", 218-pound sophmore. His age at the top of the page is 15. Sorry, if he may have grown a little since last year but, 15 year old kids do that. Next time understand different places report different things, ESPN 100 says 6'6" 190lbs. Which has been on there for a year. Which is plenty of time to grow 2".:Thumbs:

Well the Lebrons camp has him listed at 6'6 and 216 so he did gain some weight I see.