Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jodie Meeks to Milwaukee Bucks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just now. 2nd round, 41st pick.
Just seen it. That's good! Good luck to the young man!
You left college early to be picked 41st overall? He never signed with an agent, at his request he could come back, he really needs to.
No I'm pretty sure that once the deadline is past, you can't come back whether you signed with an agent or not.
he probaly didnt think he would go that low.
cuppett777 Wrote:he probaly didnt think he would go that low.

I agree, but like Vitale said earlier on the Draft show, 60 players or more are told they are a 1st round pick, and there are only 30 spots. That means a lot of players will be disappointed. Some of these players made a huge mistake by coming out early. But honestly, if Meeks would have came back, his draft status would have only went down because he wouldn't get to shoot all the shots at UK.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I agree, but like Vitale said earlier on the Draft show, 60 players or more are told they are a 1st round pick, and there are only 30 spots. That means a lot of players will be disappointed. Some of these players made a huge mistake by coming out early. But honestly, if Meeks would have came back, his draft status would have only went down because he wouldn't get to shoot all the shots at UK.

Dead on - Great post :Thumbs:
If he knew this was going to be his position, do you honestly think he would have stayed in the draft? Why would he say if I don't get drafted in the first round, then I am coming back. IMO his head was filled with junk, and he thought there was a slim chance he was going to be first round. Good though that the Bucks picked him because I think they could really use him, and there #1 pick. They need both of those players.
cougarpride08 Wrote:If he knew this was going to be his position, do you honestly think he would have stayed in the draft? Why would he say if I don't get drafted in the first round, then I am coming back. IMO his head was filled with junk, and he thought there was a slim chance he was going to be first round. Good though that the Bucks picked him because I think they could really use him, and there #1 pick. They need both of those players.

:Thumbs:
I'd like to see him come back, if possible. He was drafted but it was where WE expected him to be picked, not where he expected to be. If he came back to UK and played, though he wouldn't have the ball in his hands as many times as he may have last season, he could still go on to win a NCAA championship or at least make a good run at it and still end up in the NBA next season. They would know his worth from previous seasons and going far in, if not winning, would show them even more. Some say that it would hurt him by playing on this season's team but being the 41st pick in a team that picked up a lot of shooters isn't going to help him any.
Who is the Bucks shooting guard?
thetribe Wrote:I'd like to see him come back, if possible. He was drafted but it was where WE expected him to be picked, not where he expected to be. If he came back to UK and played, though he wouldn't have the ball in his hands as many times as he may have last season, he could still go on to win a NCAA championship or at least make a good run at it and still end up in the NBA next season. They would know his worth from previous seasons and going far in, if not winning, would show them even more. Some say that it would hurt him by playing on this season's team but being the 41st pick in a team that picked up a lot of shooters isn't going to help him any.

Once you get picked in the draft you are not eligible to be at college. Plus he is at least guaranteed some money, and I don't think Jodie will pass that up. The only way he could come back to UK is if he wasn't drafted. He belongs to Milwaukee now.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Who is the Bucks shooting guard?
I belive it is Micheal Redd. i could be wrong though. I dont think he is guarenteed any money at his point in the draft
cougarpride08 Wrote:Once you get picked in the draft you are not eligible to be at college. Plus he is at least guaranteed some money, and I don't think Jodie will pass that up. The only way he could come back to UK is if he wasn't drafted. He belongs to Milwaukee now.

Only 1st round picks are guarenteed contracts. But Jodie will do fine.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Who is the Bucks shooting guard?

Michael Redd from OSU
cougarpride08 Wrote:Once you get picked in the draft you are not eligible to be at college. Plus he is at least guaranteed some money, and I don't think Jodie will pass that up. The only way he could come back to UK is if he wasn't drafted. He belongs to Milwaukee now.

He can return, it was stated if he wasn't picked in the first round he could ask President Todd at Kentucky for a readmittance to the University and come back to play another year.
Stardust Wrote:Michael Redd from OSU

And we all know Jodie won't be knocking him out of the starting lineup.
I don't think that Jodie can come back, the only that would have happened is if he was NOT drafted in the two rounds and then he would have to apply for readmittance into school provided he did not sign with an agent.....
Stardust Wrote:Only 1st round picks are guarenteed contracts. But Jodie will do fine.

Right again SD, its all up to him now, I guess we will see how much he wants it, he has the world at his feet and I wish him well.......
PC_You_Know Wrote:And we all know Jodie won't be knocking him out of the starting lineup.

Jodie wasn't going to start for anybody. Being with Milwaukee is not a bad thing. I see him in a rotation that gets him playing time.
PC_You_Know Wrote:He can return, it was stated if he wasn't picked in the first round he could ask President Todd at Kentucky for a readmittance to the University and come back to play another year.

Navajo4life Wrote:I don't think that Jodie can come back, the only that would have happened is if he was NOT drafted in the two rounds and then he would have to apply for readmittance into school provided he did not sign with an agent.....

Jodie cannot come back. Returning to school as a basketball player is not an option, he is a professional now.
Meeks can come back to school, but only as a student. Once drafted, you cannot return to play. Let's hope he can make the team and have a good professional career. I think he will work hard enough to get there.
Bluecat Wrote:Meeks can come back to school, but only as a student. Once drafted, you cannot return to play. Let's hope he can make the team and have a good professional career. I think he will work hard enough to get there.

NBA teams love a shooter. We know he can do that
Guys he cannot come back to UK to play basketball. Like someone else said, he can come back as a student but he gave up his eligibility when he stayed in the draft past the deadline. It doesn't matter if you are 1st round, 2nd round, or undrafted, and it doesn't matter if he hired an agent or not, he CANNOT return to school because he stayed in the draft. Luckily he went to a weak team and he might get some playing time.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Guys he cannot come back to UK to play basketball. Like someone else said, he can come back as a student but he gave up his eligibility when he stayed in the draft past the deadline. It doesn't matter if you are 1st round, 2nd round, or undrafted, and it doesn't matter if he hired an agent or not, he CANNOT return to school because he stayed in the draft. Luckily he went to a weak team and he might get some playing time.

Thats not entirely true. How easy we forget a guy by the name of Randolph Morris. He declared for the draft, didn't sign and agent and went undrafted and he came back and played another year a half.
gish Wrote:Thats not entirely true. How easy we forget a guy by the name of Randolph Morris. He declared for the draft, didn't sign and agent and went undrafted and he came back and played another year a half.

Yeah, he went undrafted, Meeks was drafted, he is considerd a pro now.......
cougarpride08 Wrote:If he knew this was going to be his position, do you honestly think he would have stayed in the draft? Why would he say if I don't get drafted in the first round, then I am coming back. IMO his head was filled with junk, and he thought there was a slim chance he was going to be first round. Good though that the Bucks picked him because I think they could really use him, and there #1 pick. They need both of those players.

Yeah I do...if he stayed another year it was going to hurt his draft status....he will not be the star next year and the game doesnt revolve around him....so yeah I think he would have stayed in the draft
theVILLE Wrote:Yeah I do...if he stayed another year it was going to hurt his draft status....he will not be the star next year and the game doesnt revolve around him....so yeah I think he would have stayed in the draft

Ahh, some thoguth went into this post :Thumbs:
Meeks will get into the rotation. Stardust hit the nail on the head.
theVILLE Wrote:Yeah I do...if he stayed another year it was going to hurt his draft status....he will not be the star next year and the game doesnt revolve around him....so yeah I think he would have stayed in the draft

Hmm, Some Thought, But jodie would have still been the star, just a better supporting cast
Pages: 1 2