Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Rivalries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In your opinion, what are the best rivalries in college sports.
it all depends what part of the country you're from. south-auburn alabama, north-ohio state michigan, west-USC UCLA, mexico-texas oklahoma
Guys, don't come with UNC/Duke, UCLA/USC. Let's talk about the REAL greatest rivalries.

#1 Army/Navy Football - unquestionably the best in all sport. None longer.

#2 Grambling/Southern Football - no other game matches the pomp and circumstance of this game. NONE!

#3 Maple Leafs/Canadians - this is a true civil war and both teams and fans HATE each other. Guys are carried away in stretchers during every game. Sometimes the players are too. :Thumbs:

Last but not least:

#4 Shirts/Skins - this is the longest running rivalry of all time. Some games are for fun, some are for pride, some are for hate. But no doubt, this game is played more than any other game in the world!
Stardust Wrote:Guys, don't come with UNC/Duke, UCLA/USC. Let's talk about the REAL greatest rivalries.

#2 Grambling/Southern Football - no other game matches the pomp and circumstance of this game. NONE!

#3 Maple Leafs/Canadians - this is a true civil war and both teams and fans HATE each other. Guys are carried away in stretchers during every game. Sometimes the players are too. :Thumbs:

Last but not least:

#4 Shirts/Skins - this is the longest running rivalry of all time. Some games are for fun, some are for pride, some are for hate. But no doubt, this game is played more than any other game in the world!

Grate list. #4 is my favorite.
Stardust Wrote:Guys, don't come with UNC/Duke, UCLA/USC. Let's talk about the REAL greatest rivalries.

Last but not least:

I totally forgot about #1 & #2. Those are some great rivals. I am going to say Duke, UNC. I can't stand either one, those are great games to watch. OSU & Michigan. Great game to watch. Going local, UK & UofL is a great rival. Very underrated nationally. EKU & WKU is great. Neither school can stand each other. When Western came to town, it was the only time Roy Kidd stadium was hopping. I was fortunate to see many of those games and it was my first game as an EKU student.
I have seen it personally and have lived it for several years......

AUBURN V. ALABAMA in Football...... Was there the 1st year that ALABAMA came to Jordan Hare stadium the 1st year in it's history and it was freaking crazy..... That's all they talk about 365 days a year.
Ohio State and Michigan.
Florida State and Miami have made for some great games. FSU-Florida is more hate, less quality games.
I could be a HOMER and say Looserville versus KENTUCKY, but I will not.... But, it could be true... They only play 1 time and it's very intense....
Navajo4life Wrote:I could be a HOMER and say Looserville versus KENTUCKY, but I will not.... But, it could be true... They only play 1 time and it's very intense....

I assume Basketball?
rockcastle co. and bell co.
to me it has to be The red sox and the Yankees