Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky #1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What would you rank University of Kentucky's basketball team for next season? I read an expert on ESPN.com write that Kentucky needs to prove themselves, so they should only be ranked #7 for now.
top 5, maybe top 3
I would think somewhere between 6-9 is a great fit for them.
You would think that the state of Kentucky would vote the University of Kentucky as #1 more often, but I guess not. (I do admit, though, I voted for them to be #2)
They might be rank 10 to 15 somewere... They will have to prove thereself first... After the last few season. With Meeks gone, They will be in the top 5 by the end of the season... Get a #2 seed in the NCAA t-ment... get beat out in the sweet 16 or elite 8..
If Jodie Meeks would have came back, they would be no question the #1 team in the country in several polls. Now that Meeks is gone, I think that will drop them to a 3-5 team, but they will be a top 5. How could you not rank them top 5? All the recruits plus Patterson.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:You would think that the state of Kentucky would vote the University of Kentucky as #1 more often, but I guess not. (I do admit, though, I voted for them to be #2)
Would you want people to vote them #1 if they were maybe not. What you say is like, just because someone is from KY and a UK fan they should vote them #1 when they were really #15(example).

I was one of the ones that voted #4. I will just wait and watch them play a little before I call them #1.
Top 10
The bad thing about #1 and I just realize it after I voted #1 without thinking is usually #1 at the beginning of the season are really easy to go down early. I now say anywhere between 3 and 5.
No way should they be preseason #1....I am one on the "they need to prove themselves" bandwagon. I agree they will be a monster, but to put them at 1 this early is too much. I would put them at 10-12 at the beginning of the year, and they will move up by the end of the year Smile
TidesHoss32 Wrote:No way should they be preseason #1....I am one on the "they need to prove themselves" bandwagon. I agree they will be a monster, but to put them at 1 this early is too much. I would put them at 10-12 at the beginning of the year, and they will move up by the end of the year Smile

Good post :Thumbs:
From a shear talent and depth standpoint they would be #2 behind Kansas.

I just cannot put them ahead of team with a solid core returning to go along with osolid incoming recruits like Kansas, Michigan State, Villanova, Texas, and Purdue. I also think you have to put UNC up there because they are the defending champs and have a phenominal class coming in.

So I say #7.

To me:
1. Kansas
2. Michigan State
3. Villanova
4. Texas
5. UNC
6. Purdue
7. UK
8. Oklahoma
9. Duke
10. Butler
I agree also.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:From a shear talent and depth standpoint they would be #2 behind Kansas.

I just cannot put them ahead of team with a solid core returning to go along with osolid incoming recruits like Kansas, Michigan State, Villanova, Texas, and Purdue. I also think you have to put UNC up there because they are the defending champs and have a phenominal class coming in.

So I say #7.

To me:
1. Kansas
2. Michigan State
3. Villanova
4. Texas
5. UNC
6. Purdue
7. UK
8. Oklahoma
9. Duke
10. Butler

Oklahoma #8? I don't know about that, they lost Blake Griffin. They did get a great recruiting class, though. I would probably put them at 15-20.

1. Michigan State
2. Villanova
3. UK
4. Kansas (Kansas is overrated)
5. UNC
6. Butler (underrated)
7. Texas (overrated
8. Notre Dame
9. Duke
10. Tennessee (underrated)
EKUAlum05 Wrote:From a shear talent and depth standpoint they would be #2 behind Kansas.

So I say #7.

To me:
1. Kansas
2. Michigan State
3. Villanova
4. Texas
5. UNC
6. Purdue
7. UK
8. Oklahoma
9. Duke
10. Butler

I like it :Thumbs:
I would say #6.
cj2561 Wrote:They might be rank 10 to 15 somewere... They will have to prove thereself first... After the last few season. With Meeks gone, They will be in the top 5 by the end of the season... Get a #2 seed in the NCAA t-ment... get beat out in the sweet 16 or elite 8..

agree, they will struggle at the begining and be a team by the end of the season in the sweet 16....maybe a 10-15 team...
I would say in the top 10, by no means should they be ranked in the top 5, to much talent coming back on other teams that have played college basketball before...
Navajo4life Wrote:I would say in the top 10, by no means should they be ranked in the top 5, to much talent coming back on other teams that have played college basketball before...

another great post here maybe not top 10...I think that coming form not making the tourney in one seasona and top 10 the next is wrong....you should be ranked with the team UK has, but prove yourself that you arent all hype and then be a top 10 team....
theVILLE Wrote:another great post here maybe not top 10...I think that coming form not making the tourney in one seasona and top 10 the next is wrong....you should be ranked with the team UK has, but prove yourself that you arent all hype and then be a top 10 team....

Bottom Line is they will be WAYYYYY better than Ville!
Deathstar 80 Wrote:What would you rank University of Kentucky's basketball team for next season? I read an expert on ESPN.com write that Kentucky needs to prove themselves, so they should only be ranked #7 for now.

thats my thoughts, didnt even read this until after i voted them 7,lol
I voted #1 but I think they will be preseason #2 behind kansas but they will be the eventual #1 and national champs even without Meeks.
they could be 5-15 right now cause they're unproven but they go off personal pretty much. i voted at 5. i wish i could've went higher but i can't. them being around this ranking will tell them they're good but they have to work hard to be the best.
Mich St is NOT a top 5 team next year. They lost their top 3 players and didnt bring in anyone really. Kalin Lucas is the only thing left. They were a fluke when they reached the finals and thats why they got abused in their home state.
I say #5.
#10 to #15.
I'll say number 5 without Jodie Meeks returning. If Meeks had came back to Lexington for one more year, that would have brought senior leadership, instant offense, and a good example for the young guys back to the team. Meeks would have made all the difference for next years team had he taken his name out of the NBA Draft.

So, right now I say number 5 is a good preseason ranking.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I'll say number 5 without Jodie Meeks returning. If Meeks had came back to Lexington for one more year, that would have brought senior leadership, instant offense, and a good example for the young guys back to the team. Meeks would have made all the difference for next years team had he taken his name out of the NBA Draft.

So, right now I say number 5 is a good preseason ranking.

We will desparately miss Jodies experience and leadership. I like the talent that's on this team, and if we get some our our transfers and Frosh to mature very quickly, We will be just fine.
Holmes/UKfan Wrote:Mich St is NOT a top 5 team next year. They lost their top 3 players and didnt bring in anyone really. Kalin Lucas is the only thing left. They were a fluke when they reached the finals and thats why they got abused in their home state.

Who did they loose
\QUOTE=Stardust;787842]Bottom Line is they will be WAYYYYY better than Ville![/QUOTE]
:BigLaugh::lmao::lmao::thatsfunn:lmao::zzz:
Pages: 1 2