Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Announcing the first annual "Kentucky Elementary Championship" tourney
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,
I am fairly new to this site so please bear with me. The Montgomery County Jr. Pro Football Association would like to extend an invitation to any 4th , 5th , or 6th grade teams out there to come and compete in the first annual "Kentucky Elementary Championship" Tournament to be held in Montgomery County on the weekend of Oct 31.
We will be holding three seperate tournaments at the same time. Each tourney(4th - 5th - 6th) will consist of between 8-12 teams with each team being gauarenteed 2 games minimum.
This should be a great event for all. The intent here is to celebrate youth football in Kentucky and to end the season with a big event that will get the kids fired up for next season.
Team trophies for first and second in each division as well as offensive and defensive MVP for each game played.
We will be useing state certified referees for all games and all games will be played on 80 yard fields. KHSAA rules will apply to all ages with the following exceptions:
1- 8 minute quarters.
2- No kick off/ return / punt. For k/o the ball will be placed on the twenty.
For punt, it will be marked off 30 yards.
3 - Extra points kicked will be worth 2 pts with the snap and placement being dead and the actual kick being live rush. All other run/pass will be worth 1 pt.
4 - Weight limits will be in place on ball carriers only as follows:
4th grade - 105 lbs
5th grade - 115 lbs
6th grade - 125 lbs
5 - No coaches on playing field and :35 play clock will be in effect.
6 - Age and grade requirments as follows:
This tourney is by grade first , and age second.
4th grade - not be 10 years old prior to Jan 1 2009.
5th grade - not be 11 years old prior to Jan 1 2009.
6th grade - not be 12 years old prior to Jan 1 2009.
We will need the most current report card as well as copy of birth certificate prior to Oct 1st 2009 . Both grade/age and weight requirments are for insurance reasons.

If you need more information , please feel free to email me @ [email]mrjdfrazier@yahoo.com[/email]
Good luck to all and I hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks for the info. I wish I could let Coach Howard know. If anyone gets to talk to him let him know if he is interested.
This should be a great tourney!
Sorry for any confusion in regards to the age limit for this tournament. The actual rule we will be useing is as follows:

1 - must have current year report card for appropriate grade level.

2 - 6th grade - must not have turned 13 at time of tournament
- 5th grade - must not have turned 12 at time of tournament.
- 4th grade - must not have turned 11 at time of tournament.

Again, I am sorry for any confusion. This is a grade based tournament so the real issue is that each child be in the appropriate grade for thier division.

We still have a couple slots open for teams and we are expecting this to be a wonderful event.
When is the event?
Tournament is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 31. This will be a one day tournament. Each team will play two early morning games with teams advancing to the championship to be played under the lights that evening.

I am very interested in getting some mountain teams involved in this event. We have a couple spots left for anyone looking for a great way to end thier season or tune up for later tournaments.
We still have th following spots remaining:
4th grade - 2
5th grade - 3
6th grade - 2

This tournament has not been advertised on e-teams as of yet. We will be running that ad at the end of August and will fill these spots quickly. We would love to have a few more local teams to fill the balance of the schedule.
Let me know if anyone is interested.
Tournament is almost full. I will be closing off sign-ups soon. As of now , we have opened the event up to as many as 32 teams and we still have 2-3 spots open in each division. Anyone interested in playing, please private message me or e-mail @ [email]mrjdfrazier@yahoo.com[/email].
When the spots are filled and the brackets and times finished please post the tourney schedule. This is an excellent idea and I can't wait to come watch. Hope some mountain teams play and make a strong showing.
was looking for some info about this tournament.....this is should be interesting....
What info would yu be looking for? You can PM myself or e-mail me at [email]mrjdfrazier@yahoo.com[/email]
I love the format , age, weight limit and grade ! This is a format the whole state should be following! Good luck with it, keep us updated with results!
What teams are playing in the tournament?
Great idea, I love this
what are all the teams in it ???
our league uses the pop warner scale, which I think is good.......

http://www.popwarner.com/football/footballstructure.asp
I have not got all the info in front of me, but here are the teams that have committed to coming:
6th grade
Montgomery Co. , Bath Co. , Rowan Co. , Mad.Middle, Corbin, Shelby Valley, Hazard, Paris

5th Grade
Montgomery Co. , Rowan Co. , Richmond, Berea, Nicholas Co. , Garrard Co. , Hopkins Co. 1 spot open

4th Grade
Montgomery Co. , Bracken Co. , Johns Creek, Paris, Nicholas Co. , Shelby Valley, Corbin,
Hopkins Co., Hazard.

I may have left a team out. I will check my tounament info when I get home and let you know. If anyone is still interested in playing in the 5th grade tournament, let me know as we still have an opening.
I would also like to invite anyone wanting to watch some great youth football action to come and enjoy the day. We will be starting the first games at 10:00 am on Saturday Oct 31st. We have secured 6 fields all at one location. It will be very easy to walk around and watch any of 6 games going on at one time.
If you have already secured your spot in the tourny, hang in there. I am very close to sending out your brackets, times, and all other events and awards that will be taking place that day.
Sounds like a good tournament. How are the teams doing this year that is playing in the 6th grade division. Any standout players?
I am really not that familiar with each teams players or records. I would love to hear from some of these teams fans/coaches. The 6th grade teams as of now are as follows:
Montgomery Co.
Maddison Middle 6th
Hazard
Corbin
Bath Co
Rowan Co
Paris
Shelby Valley

Other teams that have shown interest and are currently on waiting list are as follows:

Morgan Co.
Paintsville (maybe)
Rockcastle Co (maybe)

If I hear back from these schools and get firm commitments that they are in fact wanting to come. I would need 1 more team to have another division.
We do have another field available, but I would have to check into this to see if we can pull this off.
I think that next year, we will have this event as a two day tournament. This allows for the potential to have many more teams play.

5th grade
Montgomery
Richmond
Garrad Co
Berea
Rowan Co
Nicholas Co
Hopkins Co
Morgan Co

4th grade
Mongomery
Hazard
Nicholas co
Paris
Shelby Valley
Corbin
Hopkins co
Bracken co
Johns creek ( I need to hear from coach chris young)
Who's going and what are the predictions???????????
I don't think anyone really knows who will be the favorite but don't be suprised if an unknown takes home some hardware.

The teams are listed in a previous post. Good luck to all the kids! These games will benefit all the middle and high school programs involved down the road.
do you have a contact number
Are you asking me? I am not sure who is running it but there is an email address back in one of the original posts. I think I am going to go watch a few of the games if I can Saturday.