Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What will Kentucky do with that open Scholarship???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now that Jodie Meeks is gone, what will UK do with that Open Scholarship?

1) Go after Lance Stephenson

2) offer to Xavier Henry if he decides to re-open his recuitment (word is he isnt happy at Kansas)

3) save it for a 2010 Recruit?
Tough call for sure..
Strikeout King Wrote:Now that Jodie Meeks is gone, what will UK do with that Open Scholarship?

1) Go after Lance Stephenson

2) offer to Xavier Henry if he decides to re-open his recuitment (word is he isnt happy at Kansas)

3) save it for a 2010 Recruit?

1) Will never happen.

2) Those rumors have sort of died down.

3) Most likely possibility.
I saw on KSR that Michael Porter could possibly be an option for that final scholarship.

I would love to see that happen. Porter has been through some rough criticism over the past couple years, he could finish his career on a great team tho he wont play any over wall or bledsoe at PG but he used to be a SG and that will be what we lack this year.. somebody who can knock down a 3 off the bench, with no pressure of him handling the ball.
if i was uk id like to get Xavier Henry that would be a big pick up for em
How do you think Stewart, Galloway, and Pilgrim are feeling right now. Could they bring one of these guys back??
If i was UK I would with out a doubt bring back Porter. There is no way i would bring in Henry with the way he has gone about his recruitment. I think the if there is one recruit that could tear a team apart this year with there attitude Henry has to be it.
I say that Kentucky will save it for next year and see if they can bring in just as good a class as this year. They will be able to bring in more recruits than usual due to the number of players on this years team that will make the jump from college to the NBA.
You will have three scholarships due to NBA, and then two with perry and Ramon. Adding an extra one next year will be a total 6 scholarships.
The open scholarship will not be feild this year. It will be an open sholarship for the 2010 recruiting class.
I hope you are right.
i very seriously doubt that he will let this scholly sit idle for a year when perry will be a senior one of the walk ons will get it will get it
If you could pick up someone like Noel Johnson, why not use it? After this year, you will loose, Cousins, Wall, Patterson, Harris and Stevenson... That's five scholarships that open up and if you have the one extra, that's six, that will be a hard sell to a GOOD High School recruit..... If Noel Johnson is interested, I say offer it to him...
outdoorsman43 Wrote:1) Will never happen.

2) Those rumors have sort of died down.

3) Most likely possibility.

Agreed :Thumbs:
devilhorns05 Wrote:How do you think Stewart, Galloway, and Pilgrim are feeling right now. Could they bring one of these guys back??

Pilgram would have to sit out another year, so that's not a possibility. Stewart was pushed out. I'm not real sure on the Galloway situation, but would Cal take him back?
well i believe they'll just keep for next year and be done with it. one person we definitely dont need is stephenson.
Stardust Wrote:Pilgram would have to sit out another year, so that's not a possibility. Stewart was pushed out. I'm not real sure on the Galloway situation, but would Cal take him back?

Pilgrim would not have to sit out another year, he already did. Galloway I think out of those 3 would be the best choice but Coach Cal probally looks at it like this :he cant shoot so he cannot play the 2guard. They already have Wall, Liggins, Bledsoe at the point. Miller and Dodson at the 3spot, so where does he fit in?? I do like Galloway though and I think he could contribute some way to this years team.
Hard to tell.
3 walk-ons will be seniors this year, give it to one of them. That way we get it back the next year. I say give it to Dwight Perry, he's at least got one start in his UK career and stuck it out all 4 years as a walk-on.
use it up some how..
The Blue Blur Wrote:3 walk-ons will be seniors this year, give it to one of them. That way we get it back the next year. I say give it to Dwight Perry, he's at least got one start in his UK career and stuck it out all 4 years as a walk-on.

I agree. Give it to Perry, that way it won't be wasted and will be there for the 2010 recruiting class.
Stardust Wrote:Pilgram would have to sit out another year, so that's not a possibility. Stewart was pushed out. I'm not real sure on the Galloway situation, but would Cal take him back?

Why would Pilgrim have to sit out another year since he sat out last year?
I was wondering the same thing.
Pilgrim wouldnt have to sit out another year. He has already sat out a year.
Impressive Wrote:I saw on KSR that Michael Porter could possibly be an option for that final scholarship.

I would love to see that happen. Porter has been through some rough criticism over the past couple years, he could finish his career on a great team tho he wont play any over wall or bledsoe at PG but he used to be a SG and that will be what we lack this year.. somebody who can knock down a 3 off the bench, with no pressure of him handling the ball.

I agree. Its hard to play a position that your not used to.
Screw it. Give it to me. I got 4 years of eligibility left, and Im sure this UK squad could use a fat, slow, busted up, 6'2, 33 year old small forward with bad knees and a broke back..I'd be a fan favorite, for sure (as long as I never got to play)
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Screw it. Give it to me. I got 4 years of eligibility left, and Im sure this UK squad could use a fat, slow, busted up, 6'2, 33 year old small forward with bad knees and a broke back..I'd be a fan favorite, for sure (as long as I never got to play)

lol...
I would save it for next year.. :Thumbs:
Keep it till next year.
Unless you are going to get another one and done, keep it for next year.
Pages: 1 2