Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bryce Harper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
16 year old phenom to drop out of high school and to get his GED and enroll early at an Community Collge. He will be eligible for the MLB draft next season.
Good decision, he's an amazing player, no need to stay in high school and waste his good given talent. Like an blogger wrote on the situation, "What is a high school diploma worth these days?"
He's most certainly a 1st round pick and the future of the sport.

I'd rather see him finish out his high school career. Hopefully nothing happens that could cost him his pro future.
Actually what is being said is he is getting his GED and going to the Dominican Republic. What he is actually trying to do is avoid the draft. By going to the Dominican republic, he avoids the draft requirement since Foreign players have the right to declare free-agency. If he goes to the DR, he can claim citizenship, thus he can negotiate as a free-agent with ANY team that he wishes.

We have began with the basketball player leaving after his junior year in HS to sign a professional contract with the European Basketball league.

Here's my question: How close are we to there being NO age restrictions for the drafting professional sports?

Tennis, golf, racing and some other professional sports have no age requirement or educational minimum, when will the other sports succumb?
According to SI he has the same agent as Strasburg and could sign a 50 million $$ contract next year. they said he would get his GED and go to a jr. college in the fall so he can enter the draft in 2010. I read he can pitch a 96 mph fast ball and he's a catcher. He went 12 for 12 with 11 homers and a double. At a home run derby he hit one 570 ft. went across 3 lanes of traffic. He also hit 6 consecutive homers that avg. 469.
Yeah, it doesn't matter because he will have offers looming next year. The signing bonuses that he will have offered will take care of every family member and friend that Bryce has!