Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky -85 Georgetown - 63
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rekalin Sims records a Double-Double with 22 points and 11 rebounds as the Cats send the Tigers back home with a 85-63 win at Rupp Arena. Shagari Alleyne had 12 points (All slam Dunks), and Joe Crawford had 15 points.

Kentucky really needs to work on their turnovers as they committed 26 compared to Georgetown's 20.

Kentucky shot 57.4 % from the floor, and 50 % from 3 pt. range while Georgetown shot 38.2 % from the floor and 35 % from 3 pt. range.

Kentucky will open the 2005-06 season Sunday in the Guardian Classic against South Dakota St. at 8pm on ESPNU.

Go Cats !!!
How was the FT shooting and rebounding?
here is the stats for the game courtesy ukathletics. com

http://live.ukathletics.com/2005/basketb...idual.html
77% FT shooting not too bad..

and out-rebounded 40-32....
Mr.I beat me to it....
u gotta be quick BP lol
ha ha ha
I thought UK played sort of sloppy, especially with the turnovers, but I'm sure Tubby will get that corrected. UK looked really good tonight, Sims had an awesome game. Shagari Alleyne is looking much improved from last season.
I had a fun time at the game tonight. Everyone here mostly hit my thoughts right on the head. The boy from Ashland played well and Sims had a great game. Cant wait till Sunday when they start counting.
I about got the right score I predicted
UK 92
GF 63
I thought they looked really sloppy but sims was impressive i think he should be in the starting lineup come sunday
Great game from Sims and Shag played pretty good too... I think the Cats will have a great season
i took a few pics at the game.. i will resize them and post them later
here's a pic of sims shooting a 3
Great Pic 15th!
it's kinda blurry.. but it was the best i could do for now lol
did ya have fun 15th? great pic
Sims and Crawford did all the damage for the Cats. Thomas, Perry, and Orbzut didn't do much of anything except take playing time away from others that deserved it. thomas and Perry really need to step up their play if the Cats want to do anything.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Sims and Crawford did all the damage for the Cats. Thomas, Perry, and Orbzut didn't do much of anything except take playing time away from others that deserved it. thomas and Perry really need to step up their play if the Cats want to do anything.
i totally agree the key to this season is how they play off of the bench if they can contribute 20 good minutes between the 2 of them then that will help determine if carter should be redshirted especially if thomas plays well that takes some pressure off of the rest of the post game
what about silverhorn from gtown he looked really good and was very athletic i would love to see him transfer to uk next year
Props to Georgetwon and Happy! They hung in for a while but you could see the difference between NAIA and Division I in the second half. Where UK can play 10 or 12 deep, Gtown had to rely on 7 or 8 players throughout. Georgetown played pretty sloppy, as well as UK.
Good tough win for UK......Sims played an awesome game and will start in the 1st regular season game.....cant wait till the season starts!
Sims was impressing, he played a great all around game and had a double-double. I didn't know he could shoot like that. I think he made three 3's all in consecutive trips down the floor. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Sims. Congrats to the cats! :rock:
Does anyone know the starting line-up for UK for the first game of the regular season?
Simms looked really good in the game he has a bright future.
I think this game helpes UK when they play these smaller teams that will shoot the three on them. They need to get out more behind the arch and guard the shot, they need to more agressive to. Congrats to Georgetown and coach Happy on a good game.
Someone check my math but looking at the stats from http://live.ukathletics.com/2005/basketb...idual.html
the numbers just don't add up. Either the stat sheet is jacked or the total points for 3 of the players are a bit short.

Player FGM/A 3PTM/A FT TP
Sparks - 3-7 1-3 1-1 8 (should be 10)
Crawford - 5-7 3-3 2-2 15 (should be 21)
Sims - 8-10 4-5 2-3 22 (should be 30)
They all looked right to me.

Player FGM/A 3PTM/A FT TP
Sparks - 3-7 1-3 1-1 8 (should be 10) 3 FG= 6 pts but one was a three so make that 7 pts. then 1 FT = 8
Crawford - 5-7 3-3 2-2 15 (should be 21) 5 FG = 10 pts but three were three pointers so make that 13 plue 2 FT = 15.
Sims - 8-10 4-5 2-3 22 (should be 30) 8 FG = 16 pts but four were three pointers which will make it 20 pts plue 2 FT = 22.
Its total FG's like total yards in football then they break out the three point shots from that total like rushing yards.
g-town isnt that bad
G'Town gave UK a tough game, but as usual UK pulled away in the 2nd half.
Nice game from transfer Sims.
Pages: 1 2