Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nick Montana picks Washington
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nick Montana (Joe Montana's son) visited Washington last weekend and there was some speculation he would pull the trigger for the Huskies on or shortly after his visit. The Under Armour All-American QB decided to make the call on Tuesday.

"Yep, I committed and I'm very excited to be a Husky," Montana said. "I loved my visit there and I just think this is the best overall fit for me. I think Washington offers me the best opportunity to play early, I love coach Sark (Steve Sarkisian) and it just felt right to me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/inde...Recruiting
It would have been tough for the kid to go to ND and try to live up to his dads name.
I was feeling the same also. Good luck at Washington.
Good Luck Nick!!!
Will he play his first year, or do they have a QB right now?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Will he play his first year, or do they have a QB right now?

Jake Locker had a phenominal Freshman year before getting injured. Locker will still be at Washington when Montana arrives, so I see him competing for the starting job either his Sophomore or Junior season.

IMO, very, very smart decision by Montana. Not only would he have the pressure of being "Joe Montana's son", but the ND QB alone is overwhelming.
I guess he wanted his own legacy.