Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tim Floyd resigns as USC's Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tim Floyd has resigned as the head coach of Southern Cal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4246625
I didn't suspect this.
Floyd is in some hot water on there in USC because of the whole OJ Mayo thing.
C.Clair Wrote:Floyd is in some hot water on there in USC because of the whole OJ Mayo thing.

Haven't heard nothing about this.
You could only see this one coming. No surprises here.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:You could only see this one coming. No surprises here.

Yeah, your right, absolutely no surprise !!!!
Not a big suprise! You could see this coming for months. The next question is who will replace him and if anyone wants to replace him due to the fact USC is probly going to be in very hot water and I can see scolorship restrictions and possibly more coming out of this.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Not a big suprise! You could see this coming for months. The next question is who will replace him and if anyone wants to replace him due to the fact USC is probly going to be in very hot water and I can see scolorship restrictions and possibly more coming out of this.

OJ Mayo was just the tip of the iceberg. There were many other violations in the NCAA report, but the Mayo violation will undoubtedly be the most publicized. This looks very bad for USC. It's already being rumored that Floyd will wind up as an NBA assistant. So, he DESTROYS a program, and moves on to another job with ZERO repercussions (ala Eddie Sutton)
It will hurt him to get another job like that.
I read this mourning where USC might give former UK coach Billy G a serious look.
C.Clair Wrote:I read this mourning where USC might give former UK coach Billy G a serious look.

Billy G already said that he wasnt gonna coach this year. he has already taken his name out of the mix for the Washington State head coaching position
Strikeout King Wrote:Billy G already said that he wasnt gonna coach this year. he has already taken his name out of the mix for the Washington State head coaching position

He would not be able to collect his money from UK if he takes another job
Watching ESPN and they said that Jamie Dixon from Pitt would be the front runner but they do not think that he would go because of th possible probation that USC faces. Look for an Interium head coach next year.
That would be a good fit. Pitt will be down next year.