Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NCAA MCB Introduces Three New Rule Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An NCAA committee has approved three rules changes intended to clarify block-charge calls, who can shoot free throws after an injury and the expanded use of replay.
Do you all think these rules with be better for college basketball?
I think they could better the NCAA. The under the rim rule I like. The replay will make it safer and the refs won't miss the clearly flagrant fouls like Hodge stepping on Stevensons arm. The free throw rule is the opposing coach picks the shooter and it has to be one of the 5 on the court when the fouls committed. I'm not sure if I like this rule or not.
It is good if one of them is a high percentage free throw shooter.
I'm sure the other coach won't pick the best one on the court.
Ohh so the other coach gets to pick. OUCH!
Yeah. lol Thats why I'm not sure i like the rule or not. I guess we have to see how that works out.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:I think they could better the NCAA. The under the rim rule I like. The replay will make it safer and the refs won't miss the clearly flagrant fouls like Hodge stepping on Stevensons arm. The free throw rule is the opposing coach picks the shooter and it has to be one of the 5 on the court when the fouls committed. I'm not sure if I like this rule or not.

I don't know if I like the opposing coach picking the player that shoots the free throws, however I love the block-charge under the basket! You are right about the replay I was at the Florida vs UK game when that happend and it was clear to all 23,500 fans in the seats why not to the 3 refs ON THE FLOOR!?
Those ones are really hard to call unless it was obvious in which case this one was. Smile
The rule on block/charges is stupid. Just put the half circle in like the NBA and be done with it... They can't honestly expect the refs to be able to accurately get it right everytime now. It is hard enough as it is when the refs have to see if the defender was set, if the offesive players was in control or initiated the contact, and now he has to tell, in traffic, if the defender was in front of the rim....

I am sorry but Superman can't do all that in a tenth of a second. Way to go NCAA. You screwed the pooch.
Amun-Ra Wrote:The rule on block/charges is stupid. Just put the half circle in like the NBA and be done with it... They can't honestly expect the refs to be able to accurately get it right everytime now. It is hard enough as it is when the refs have to see if the defender was set, if the offesive players was in control or initiated the contact, and now he has to tell, in traffic, if the defender was in front of the rim....

I am sorry but Superman can't do all that in a tenth of a second. Way to go NCAA. You screwed the pooch.

Agreed.
Block calls are always questionable.