Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: News on Jodie Meeks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The deadline is coming up and I was wondering has anyone heard any recent news on Jodie Meeks decision?
Only thing I've heard is that he is working out for the Chicago Bulls Thursday.

There was rumor that someone close to the UK basketball program said Jodie would return, but no one wants to believe because he has drawn a lot of interest from GM's and continues to work out for a lot of NBA teams.
It all comes down to what will his draft status be.
i really think that he's trying to learn what will help him and what he needs to work on for next year to improve his stock. i mean its like studying for a test and you get a study guide a year before it. IMO this will only better prepare him for next year.
I read an article today that expected him to withdraw his name from the draft.
beasy_bo Wrote:i really think that he's trying to learn what will help him and what he needs to work on for next year to improve his stock. i mean its like studying for a test and you get a study guide a year before it. IMO this will only better prepare him for next year.

I agree!!!!:Thumbs:
beasy_bo Wrote:i really think that he's trying to learn what will help him and what he needs to work on for next year to improve his stock. i mean its like studying for a test and you get a study guide a year before it. IMO this will only better prepare him for next year.

Great post.
He will come back,unless he get some more than great info.
cougarpride08 Wrote:He will come back,unless he get some more than great info.

I agree.
i think he'll be back for two reasons. one is for what i stated prior and everyone wants a national championshipSmile
And no one will take away his PT so he will get better with Coach Cal.
I hope that Jodie comes back. Thats a Sweet Sixteen just handed to you. Out of all the interviews ive watched of NBA players, they've all said their fame moment was the NCAA Championship
An NBA Scout told Rick Bozich that Jodie Meeks is sitting right on the line of being a first round pick.
If...Then Wrote:I hope that Jodie comes back. Thats a Sweet Sixteen just handed to you. Out of all the interviews ive watched of NBA players, they've all said their fame moment was the NCAA Championship

Agreed.
Say he comes back... Who else will have to lose their scholly??? We would still be over the max for scholarship players.
The question is who cares? :lmao:

Any of the boys who do lose their scholarship could go to another school on a full ride, it isn't like they would be left out in the cold. I say bring on new recruits and Jodie and let the benchwarmers go.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Say he comes back... Who else will have to lose their scholly??? We would still be over the max for scholarship players.

Kevin Galloway
DeAndre Liggins
Matt Pilgrim
Josh Harrellson

Those are the only players I can think of on scholarship that Cal would likely cut from the team.
this is what i found on KSR

An NBA scout tells Rick Bozich that Jodie Meeks is sitting right on the edge of being a first-round Pick

The guesswork about the draft fence sitters is that Jodie Meeks might return to UK

HoopsWorld
could not find a single NBA team that has Jodie Meeks on their first round Draft Board
That's good enough reason for me.
With all the other players pulling their names out of the NBA draft, it looks like Jodie only has to wait it out and he will wind up a 1st rounder just because everyone else pulled their name out
Stardust Wrote:With all the other players pulling their names out of the NBA draft, it looks like Jodie only has to wait it out and he will wind up a 1st rounder just because everyone else pulled their name out

Great post, I agree, if he waits long enough, he will move up, may be a good ideal, if he needs the money !!!!!
you are still forgetting the international players.
according to KSR Jodie is gonna sit down the weekend with his family and decide on his final decision on wether to stay in the draft or come back to school for his senior year
Strikeout King Wrote:according to KSR Jodie is gonna sit down the weekend with his family and decide on his final decision on wether to stay in the draft or come back to school for his senior year

This is a good idea.
family is always the best way to go.