Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Results from Frankfort 7 on 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An excellent day of football at Frankfort Middle School's "Captial City Classic" 7 on 7 Tournament yesterday. Congratulations to Coach Phillip Hawkins and his staff for an outstanding tournament!

Results -

8th grade -
1st - Lexington Catholic (5-0)
2nd - Meece (2-3)
3rd - Frankfort (2-2)
4th - Spencer County (2-2)
5th - Elkhorn (0-3)
6th - Bloomfield (0-3)

7th grade -
1st - Meece
2nd - Lexington Catholic
3rd - Elkhorn
4th - Frankfort
How good is Lexington Catholic?
They are very good - as usual. And very well coached - as usual. I believe they have about 22-25 kids on their squad total (they have split the last 2 weeks into 2 teams to get their kids plenty of playing time)?

Last week we were able to "tie" them at our 7 on 7 here. This week they ran right through us in the semi-finals. Against Meece in the Championship game they seemed to "let down" a little, but I think it was because of the competition they had had with us the week before that they were so good against us? I would never make excuses (they were clearly better than us yesterday), but they agreed that we weren't quite the same team without all of our players there. Hopefully if we see them this week at UK we can make it a little closer?
We play Lexington Catholic this year at our place and then go up there next year. We also have Grant County this year, I have heard there pretty good as well...
I'm not sure what school you are with?

I will tell you that Coach Mitchell (LC) and Coach Dalzell (Grant County) are 2 of the most committed Middle School Coaches in this state. If you want to beat them, you better start working now. They never take a day off.

It may sound silly, but there are a lot of programs in this state who really work hard to improve their players year-round. Those 2 are certainly two of them. They really take it seriously and the kids that play there understand that and buy in.

Grant County and LexCath will be a handful for you. But if you want to compete with the "best" in the state, you have to put them on your schedule! Congratulations to your coach for offering that opportunity to your players and your program. Your kids will be better for it no matter what. Competition is a great thing.
I think that we have a pretty successful program at Shelby West Middle, but it's been so freaking hard to get teams to play us, don't know why... We have played teams from Bowling Green, Frankfort, Lexington, Scott County and just recently we have added Lexington Catholic and Grant County. We would love to get you guys on the schedule since we're right next door.

Then we plan on playing in the new Middle School State Championships this year as well..
Ahhhhh. Shelby West! The Warriors! Certainly......

You guys have an excellent reputation of your own!

We scrimmaged Shelby East last year. We also played CAL and North Oldham from your conference.

I think LexCath and Grant will help you guys even more. Definitely worthy competition for everyone involved!
What teams from Lexington and Scott Co did you play?
We played Scott County Middle School four or five years ago and then we played a middle school team from Lexington, I believe that they feed into Lafayette, I believe, but don't quote me on that... That too was four or five years ago...

The only team that we have played east of us in the past few years has been Bondurant, Frankfort Middle and Anderson County Middle

We are definitely looking for the challenge in playing Lexington Catholic and Grant County this year along with our conference schedule...
Sounds like football in the air. High fives to all in here.
How did you guys stack up against Shelby East and the conference teams you played last year?
We were even in the scrimmage versus Shelby East (I think they scored twice and we scored twice that day?). We beat CAL at their place. We lost to North Oldham (won't talk about that one though) in a "close" game.

We won our conference last year. Our conference has teams from Nelson, Washington, and Marion Counties.

We will be young this year, but we should have a decent team again.
We honestly need to sit down and think about playing one another each year and make it like a festival with cookout and things like that.... I heard you guys were pretty good, we need to play...

Did you guys play MY Old Kentucky Home?
Yes we did. OKH is in our conference and I say one of our "rival" schools.

We beat them 40-0 in the season and then 29-0 in the championship.

I agree, we should play. Especially with you guys being so close.

I spoke with Coach Matthews at East and he said he has retired. Maybe we can set something up for next season????
Coach Matthews did resign his position as coach, but there are some weird things being said about why he retired... I coached with Alan for years in the booster league and respect Alan as a coach and person, so I'm not one that believes what he hears when it comes to Coach Matthews.

If you're interesting in getting something together next year, contact Roy Bailey at (859) 866-0401
Like I said, he was the one who told me he was retiring. I have never heard anything bad about Coach Matthews. Always seemed like a stand-up guy and a very good football coach to me.

I certainly wish him and Shelby East Middle School continued success!

Thanks for the contact info for Coach Bailey. He is on the Middle School Football Coaches Listserv too I believe.
I believe that he is. Also, could you check and make sure that we're still eligible to compete this upcoming year for the middle school football state championship?
If you joined the KYMSFA and you qualify according to the criteria, then YES you are eligible.
How can we find out? I guess is my question?
Email Coach Greg Mitchell (KMSFA President) or myself with your school information.
Ok, what is your email address please?
[email]FF40212@yahoo.com[/email]

Coach Mitchell's is [email]gmitchell4@windstream.net[/email]
Never count Messamore out at Meece.
I have sent you an email with the information, I have also forwarded it to Coach Mitchell... Thanks