Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NCAA meets with Memphis about allegations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought those on here posted last week that Memphis Basketball program give a green light and that the investigation was over?

Posted: 1:03 PM Jun 6, 2009
Last Updated: 1:11 PM Jun 6, 2009
0 comments

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/47123617.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A | A | A By CLIFF BRUNT
AP Sports Writer
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - The NCAA met with Memphis officials on
Saturday to discuss major violations and the school must now wait
at least six weeks for a ruling on whether its 38 wins from the
2007-08 season will count.
The most serious allegation taken up at the meeting was whether
an unknown person took the SAT for a player.
The NCAA has said the athlete in question played for the Tigers
for only the 2007-08 season and the 2008 NCAA tournament. The only
person who fits the description in documents obtained by The
Associated Press is Derrick Rose, the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft
after that season.
Memphis athletic director R.C. Johnson had no comment as he left
the four-hour meeting. Memphis president Dr. Shirley Raines also
would not speak, but issued a statement.
"Although we cannot comment on the specifics of what occurred
during the hearing, I can say that as president, I reiterated the
university's commitment to NCAA rules compliance," Raines said.
"We believe we were able to fully answer the committee's questions
and present the actions we have already taken based upon our
internal investigations."
it was over for memphis's internal investigation and now the NCAA has to still act upon their evidence. also, more allegations about dozier's SAT
Had Memphis found anything on Dozier's SAT? Of was this onlu discovered by the NCAA?
i dont know if memphis has even looked at dozier's exam but georgia was the one who had a problem with it. but when they was get'n investigated by NCAA that does make you think if they had found something. I mean when this is supposed to over from memphis's standpoint then UGA comes out of nowhere?
Guys, seriously..... Dozier took his SAT as if he was going to Georgia..... The first score, GA did not think was legit then THEY(GEORGIA) asked him to take a second test, he did. Dozier then scored a 720 I believe, then THEY(GEORGIA) told him that THEY(GEORGIA) was not going to accept any of his test scores..... Meaning, GEORGIA..... MEMPHIS and their compliance office, took the 720 test score along with his high school and prep school GPA and accepted him into MEMPHIS, then the NCAA CLEARING HOUSE cleared him to play..... Dozier graduated from MEMPHIS last year.....

He(DOZIER) was NOT taking the SAT to get into MEMPHIS, but GEORGIA.... How is this a MEMPHIS problem????
Let's not forget that his(DOZIER) took his SAT test over 5 years ago..... Nobody has yet said anything about it then, but all of a sudden, it's a big deal..... You freaking guys make me SICK..... Trying to find the least little thing to stick it to CALIPARI because of his success....
Navajo4life Wrote:Let's not forget that his(DOZIER) took his SAT test over 5 years ago..... Nobody has yet said anything about it then, but all of a sudden, it's a big deal..... You freaking guys make me SICK..... Trying to find the least little thing to stick it to CALIPARI because of his success....

Hunh, Where in here did anyone mention Calipari????????? Relax dude!
I too don't see how the Dozier issue falls on Memphis. Dozier went to prep school before enrolling at Memphis. I don't see how this would even affect them at all.
I dont think they are going to have to give up their 38 wins and the final four banner, Memphis couldnt help that Rose cheated on his SAT.
I have heard everyone associate Memphis and Calipari as ONE, because he is the HEAD COACH.... All I'm saying is that Dozier took the SAT to go to GEORGIA and now all the media is saying that GEORIGA was good for backing off DOZIER and now that something must be tied together because MEMPHIS accepted him into their program.

The national media is trying everything to keep this "dead" horse alive
None of my rants were directed towards you Stardust, I enjoy reading your opinions, it's more directed towards the NATIONAL MEDIA than anyone else
Navajo4life Wrote:None of my rants were directed towards you Stardust, I enjoy reading your opinions, it's more directed towards the NATIONAL MEDIA than anyone else
i personally didn't say anything about coach cal SD was just asking why the NCAA was still investigating and i explain why and what else might of popped up according to reports. like i said UGA crap come out of left field.
Yea, I think that Stardust was directing his opinions towards me and I was explaining to him that it was the National Media that I was frustrated at, not anyone in particular on this website.....
i know man and i appreciate it too. i know what you're talking about though it seems like as soon as cal comes here and get's ridiculios recruiting class always have people who want to try and start stuff. especially some of the losers at espn. its alright at least our coach now can handle ignorance.
Let the Haters Hate
[quote=beasy_bo]i personally didn't say anything about coach cal SD was just asking why the NCAA was still investigating and i explain why and what else might of popped up according to reports. like i said UGA crap come out of left field.[/QUOTE]

:Thumbs: I do agree with you beasy_bo. I do feel that UGA had an agenda and it certainly was odd that they brought this up when they did.
Navajo4life Wrote:None of my rants were directed towards you Stardust, I enjoy reading your opinions, it's more directed towards the NATIONAL MEDIA than anyone else

Don't take anything that I said as personal, just debate. We're cool, I have too much respect for you, but I like it when we all chellenge each other, it makes it more meaningful when we get the chance to "argue" our points :Thumbs:
The main problem is the woman's golf team, they are just using this to for bad image for Memphis.
cougarpride08 Wrote:The main problem is the woman's golf team, they are just using this to for bad image for Memphis.
this is true didn't they say that they had major infractions? i'm just wondering why the UGA stuff didn't come til now?
They was digging and couldn't find anything.
I'm still wondering how this kid's test scores were revealed. I thought things like that were a confidential issue.... I know that we, as fans and media, cannot get a kids grades from an institution because of student confidential records, so how are these test scores any different???? Has anyone asked that question from the media?
It is sad but nothing is confidential these days.
cougarpride08 Wrote:It is sad but nothing is confidential these days.

You are soo right.
Navajo4life Wrote:I'm still wondering how this kid's test scores were revealed. I thought things like that were a confidential issue.... I know that we, as fans and media, cannot get a kids grades from an institution because of student confidential records, so how are these test scores any different???? Has anyone asked that question from the media?

i dont think so but you know that most are too busy trying to dig up other crap. with the confidential stuff whoever wants it and has enough money or connections they can get whatever they want. which we already knew.:Thumbs:
To me they are just doing it to slow down the process of getting these kids into school. If you can't find nothing quit wasting our money and your time.