Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middle School 7 on 7s - June 6th, 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For anyone interested, there will be 2 different Middle School 7 on 7s on Saturday, June 6th.

One will be at Frankfort's Meagher Street Field.

The other will be at Murray State University.

Both start at approximately 10AM, respectively.

Come on out and enjoy some outstanding middle school football, brought to you in part by the Kentucky Middle School Football Association.

http://www.kymiddleschoolfootball.com
Any mountain teams going to be there?
We have tried to get those mountain teams out, but with very little success.

The KYMSFA tried to set up a 7 on 7 through Pikeville College on June 20th, but that failed. We tried to set one up at Union for June 27th, but that too fell through due to lack of interest down that way?

The ones at MSU (10 teams), UK (20 teams), Frankfort Middle (6 teams), and WKU (10 teams) have either been good or ar looking to be good right now.

Can you give us any advice on how to make it better and get them to participate? Other than being able to run the ball, of course! ha ha ha ha
Are these 7 on 7 tourneys for 6th-7th and 8th grade teams combined or do they compete according to grade level?
You enter 1 team. They would be considered the 8th grade level.

All players are allowed to participate (6th, 7th, or 8th). Frankfort had a seperate 7th grade level at their tournament.

The tournament at WKU on July 11th will be the standard format though.
Any place that has a turf field in eastern Ky would be a great place to have a state wide 7 vs 7.
We tried to set one up at Pikeville. We had to jump through about 20 hoops to finally get the City of Pikeville's approval (which once we figured out the right people to talk to, they were very helpful). We had everything set up and Coach Bryan left Pikeville College.

Our next step was to try to get one of the high school coaches there to step in. Coach Saunders from Shelby Valley offered to. Then, he left SVHS.

Maybe next year?

We had one scheduled for Union College (which would be the next closest) on June 27th and it was cancelled due to lack of interest.

Again, not to sound like I am complaining, but it seems we get comments that the KMSFA is made up of teams mainly from Central KY and then teams from East and West chose not to participate? We will keep trying to reach out to those folks, but it is going to take some coaches making the effort to use these events as opportunities for their own kids to make it all work!

Just my 2 cents.....
For next year get with Coach Howard, and Coach Whitaiker. They should be no problem setting up one for the kids. I think it would be great idea.
Once again, please forgive me here, but what schools are those fellows with?

And would you have an email contact for them by chance?

Thanks!