Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Chris Lofton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will be a tryouts for Memphis Grizzlies. Good Luck Chris!
Good Luck Chris!!!
Don't see why no one picked him up last year.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Don't see why no one picked him up last year.

I don't know why either. To me, he would be very good in the NBA. Because, he can knock down the 3-pointer and he moves without the ball to get open.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Don't see why no one picked him up last year.

No one was sure of his health, thus it was difficult for a team to give guarenteed money to a draft pick that was not sure to ever see the court. Testicular cancer is such a difficult illness to evaluate, but it appears Chris is 100%. He played himself back into shape overseas, and should be able to make a good showing in NBA camps this summer.
Stardust Wrote:No one was sure of his health, thus it was difficult for a team to give guarenteed money to a draft pick that was not sure to ever see the court. Testicular cancer is such a difficult illness to evaluate, but it appears Chris is 100%. He played himself back into shape overseas, and should be able to make a good showing in NBA camps this summer.

And, this is another reason. That I didn't mention.
I would love to see Chris in the NBA.
Good luck to Chris.
K_Mac Wrote:I would love to see Chris in the NBA.

Me to, I agree that he can play and be successful in the NBA!! Good luck!
Good luck Chris.
One of my fav players!! This is great news!!
Chris, could absolutely shoot the ball. Good luck Chris!!!:Thumbs:
Didn't the same think happen to a UK player. They went over seas and work on there game, and came back, and played. I think it was Azubuke<---don't know about the spelling.
Glad to see him back and seemingly recovered. Best of luck to him.
I also am glad to see him back.
He'll do fine I'm sure. He could possibly come into the league and be the best shooter. He went 17-22 3's, with 61 points overseas not long ago.
chris would be a good fit in memphis he would go good along with oj mayo
good to know that he is going to get a chance. Not too many people gets another chance.
blackcat Wrote:He'll do fine I'm sure. He could possibly come into the league and be the best shooter. He went 17-22 3's, with 61 points overseas not long ago.

Wow, that's impressive.
I hope he makes a team in the NBA somewhere, but I don't see it happening. He is an UNREAL shooter and a great ballplayer, but he is too small to compete at the NBA level. JJ Redick is 6'4 and was the best shooter in NCAA history and barely sees the floor for the Magic. Lofton is just too small to play in the NBA, but I do hope someone gives him a chance he was one of my favorite players to watch in college! Good luck to Chris
As yoda would say "Size matters not"! If you get a good screen and get looks that is all you need.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Wow, that's impressive.

No Kidding...He is the best Three point shooter I have saw in a long time....
runninrebs21 Wrote:I hope he makes a team in the NBA somewhere, but I don't see it happening. He is an UNREAL shooter and a great ballplayer, but he is too small to compete at the NBA level. JJ Redick is 6'4 and was the best shooter in NCAA history and barely sees the floor for the Magic. Lofton is just too small to play in the NBA, but I do hope someone gives him a chance he was one of my favorite players to watch in college! Good luck to Chris

Not to compare but Iverson is small, Brooks is small, Nate Robinson, Nelson, Fisher, Rondo, Size doesnt matter its the skill and heart that the person has....See the Coach at UK and VILLE doubted him once and tennessee got him and that was a mistake...dont doubt him again
runninrebs21 Wrote:I hope he makes a team in the NBA somewhere, but I don't see it happening. He is an UNREAL shooter and a great ballplayer, but he is too small to compete at the NBA level. JJ Redick is 6'4 and was the best shooter in NCAA history and barely sees the floor for the Magic. Lofton is just too small to play in the NBA, but I do hope someone gives him a chance he was one of my favorite players to watch in college! Good luck to Chris

and look at the players he plays behind Petrius and Lee are to pretty **** good players lol...If my mind serves me correct in the Boston series in game 5 ot 6 I believe it was his name was called and he served the Magic with a 3 to tie the game late in the fourth. Last time I checked one of the best point greats EVER in the league was just a little over 5 foot Mugsey Boges (sp)
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:and look at the players he plays behind Petrius and Lee are to pretty **** good players lol...If my mind serves me correct in the Boston series in game 5 ot 6 I believe it was his name was called and he served the Magic with a 3 to tie the game late in the fourth. Last time I checked one of the best point greats EVER in the league was just a little over 5 foot Mugsey Boges (sp)
Great Post
Guy's the knock on him coming out of college was his ability to play defense. I know he went to Europe and continued to shoot lights out, but there was an article during that time from an NBA scout that stated that the position that Chris would play in the NBA would require a quicker first step in order to keep of with the 2's in the league. He may well find a spot on an NBA roster as a designated shooter for late game situations, but I don't beleive Chris has the size or speed to play anything more than 6-8 minutes per game.

Watching this young man play all five years of Varsity for Mason County, I would love nothing more than to see him "get paid". I wish him luck.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:and look at the players he plays behind Petrius and Lee are to pretty **** good players lol...If my mind serves me correct in the Boston series in game 5 ot 6 I believe it was his name was called and he served the Magic with a 3 to tie the game late in the fourth. Last time I checked one of the best point greats EVER in the league was just a little over 5 foot Mugsey Boges (sp)

Muggsy Bogues was one of the fastest players to ever play this game. Speed can mitigate size in some cases.
^ agreed
Stardust Wrote:Muggsy Bogues was one of the fastest players to ever play this game. Speed can mitigate size in some cases.

Earl Boykins, Speedy Claxton...Personally i think that Downey could have a spot on an NBA roster soon.(the guard from USC
Stardust Wrote:Muggsy Bogues was one of the fastest players to ever play this game. Speed can mitigate size in some cases.

Yes I agree. Also, I lived in Charlotte for 8 years while Muggsy played for the Hornets and went to over 40 games (most were during Muggsy's time there) and so I watched him plenty. He was a distributor, not really a 3 point shooter. Not to say he couldn't hit the 3, but someone said he was one of the NBA's great 3 point shooters. I wouldn't go that far. Plus, Muggsy was a PG and Lofton is a SG. Can you see Chris Lofton trying to guard some of the 2's in the NBA such as Kobe, D wade, Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, and so on. Like I said, he was one of my favorite players to watch in college, and loved to watch him shoot, but his size kills him, plus his speed isn't enough to keep up with most NBA players. I know he is a hometown boy, but you can't let what we want to happen get in the way of reality. I agree 100 percent with Stardust, he will probably find a spot somewhere to play about 5 minutes a game, but that would be the most probably.
Pages: 1 2