Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will be the tops players this year in the Big Sandy???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any thoughts???
#75 big Willie Smith from LCC Junior Cougars. He's 6'4 254 solid pounds that can move like a running back. Don't know if he's the best but his name needs to be mentioned for sure.
What grade is he?
From JCMS 8th.

Jared Wheeler and Bart Horn. We have a lot of solid players. Can't wait till fall.
Lambert #1 Wrote:#75 big Willie Smith from LCC Junior Cougars. He's 6'4 254 solid pounds that can move like a running back. Don't know if he's the best but his name needs to be mentioned for sure.
Was he on the 7th grade team last year? I don't remember seeing him. Sounds like a big boy. Has he grown much since last year? What position does he play?
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:Was he on the 7th grade team last year? I don't remember seeing him. Sounds like a big boy. Has he grown much since last year? What position does he play?

Willie played nose guard last year. He is very good.
Getting pumped up just thinking about it. Hey a question. Will they have first and second team selections this year in the conference? I think it would be also awesome to have a all star game east vs west after the winner of the conference goes to state. Is it too late to implement that into the season? I am for anything to boost these kids up, and I think this will do it.
Boggs
boggs? who is that?
Josh Boggs. He was one of their better players on the 7th grade team last year. He's a tough nosed kid who loves to play football. I think he scored about 10 or 11 touchdowns last year and looks to be bigger and stronger this year. His dad coaches the JV team. He told me he's showing a lot of leadership during their summer conditioning.
Forgot! Josh Boggs plays for the LCC Jr. Cougars. He also won his weight division along with big Willie Smith back in the spring at the Morgan Co. Middle weight lifting meet.
Yeah Willie played Nose Guard and tackle last year on both the 7th and 8th grade teams. He's grown a lot this year in the weight room. I heard this week that he's running a 5.0 in the 40. The Boggs kid will be a great skill player along with the big Sexton kid that played QB last year on the 7th grade team, I hear that Howard is moving him to tailback this season. Should be another good team for LCC but I still don't think they are as deep as they were last year. The season will depend on what Coach Bates can do with the offensive line, they will be huge but inexperienced.
I hear LCC Jr. Cougars have some kids coming out this year that for whatever reason did not play last year when they consolidated. I know their 7th grade team gave a very good Johnson Co. team a great game in the JV championship last year (14-12). If they can fill a few voids I think they can make a run in the Big Sandy in '09. I hear they may not be as big as last year but definitely quicker and more athletic across the board. Going to be interesting! I know JC and Breathitt are going to be good again as well.
Boggs.
How did LCC do last year in the Big Sandy?
7th and 8th grad team won it, and 6th and 7th came in second. Did I get that right Griffen?
Sexton LCC