Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I think there is wayyy....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...Too much talking about basketball. I love my Wildcats as much as anyone in the state. But I think its about time we let Coach Calipari get to work and I think its time we start getting ready to watch and support Coach Brooks and his team get ready for another great year on the gridiron. There is just way to much talk about basketball on here and right before football season. Im not one to really voice my opinion but Im already tired of basketball and its the start of June. I just think its time to start talking football and get pumped up for this season like we are already for next basketball season. That all I really wanted to say...GO CATS!!!
Real Badman Wrote:...Too much talking about basketball. I love my Wildcats as much as anyone in the state. But I think its about time we let Coach Calipari get to work and I think its time we start getting ready to watch and support Coach Brooks and his team get ready for another great year on the gridiron. There is just way to much talk about basketball on here and right before football season. Im not one to really voice my opinion but Im already tired of basketball and its the start of June. I just think its time to start talking football and get pumped up for this season like we are already for next basketball season. That all I really wanted to say...GO CATS!!!

Agreed. im more excited and anxious for football more than i am basketball
Yeah I agree with you as well. But I understand the hype that is Coach Calipari. That's why so much talk is going on. Just wait for Football to get here; more talk will come about when the time is here.
I understand too the "hype" but thats all it is so far is hype. Coach Brooks has already proven himself. Three Bowl Wins!
They need to find a way to start a new football season faster.... 8 months is to long.... I know there is basketball and baseball. To hold you over until the next football season to start... I don't like either of them.......
Real Badman Wrote:...Too much talking about basketball. I love my Wildcats as much as anyone in the state. But I think its about time we let Coach Calipari get to work and I think its time we start getting ready to watch and support Coach Brooks and his team get ready for another great year on the gridiron. There is just way to much talk about basketball on here and right before football season. Im not one to really voice my opinion but Im already tired of basketball and its the start of June. I just think its time to start talking football and get pumped up for this season like we are already for next basketball season. That all I really wanted to say...GO CATS!!!

A voice of reason :Thumbs:
Real Badman Wrote:I understand too the "hype" but thats all it is so far is hype. Coach Brooks has already proven himself. Three Bowl Wins!

That's three straight bowl wins. :Thumbs:
I think we should really get excited about the football team.
UK football and tailgating and beautiful women!!!! I'm excited!!
Kentucky is a basketball state we just used football to pass the time when we were playing like crap! I still love my football Cats but bball is back in the Bluegrass!
You are so right Real Badman.
and if we was doing bad in football all we would do is complain like we did 4 years ago. I bleed blue no matter what the sport.
I think we can have the best of both worlds. There's no reason UK can't be known for good basketball and good football teams.
I personally like UK Football....I think they have came along way...and yes I cheer for VILLE but UK will win in football..
We Believe part 2!
Everyday something is reported about UK Basketball, you can't help putting everything else on the back burner. Finally, we have something to be catcrazy about. It's been a while sense i've been this excited about Kentucky Basketball. Give all us BBall fans some time to get this out of our system. Football season will come around soon enough and we'll talk about it then.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Kentucky is a basketball state we just used football to pass the time when we were playing like crap! I still love my football Cats but bball is back in the Bluegrass!

:Thumbs:
Football is still exciting and I can't wait.
Are you serious? Did someone in the bluegrass state just say that there was to much talk about KENTUCKY BASKETBALL!!!! Wow....there is more than one reason why you could never talk to much about Kentucky Basketball, especially this year.

1. Winning Program in College Basketball History
2. One of the classiest and best traditions in college sports.
3. Seven National Championships
4. Hiring of Coach Calipari (which is probably the best hiring since Rick Pitino)
5. The #1 recruiting class in the nation, and the #1 recruiting class in college basketball for a while.

Those are just SOME reasons why Kentucky Fans will never quit talking about basketball in our state. I agree with the fact that the Football program has been forgotten a little bit from all of the excitement, but just know that if you are wanting the "hype" to die down, then don't hold your breathe. Football season is going to be great and everything but if you can name a person that is not excited more about the Basketball season, then they are not a true Kentucky Basketball fan. Don't mean to start an argument but, you could never, ever talk to much on Kentucky Basketball....GO CATS!!!!!
I Agree 150%!!! Go Cats!
crazyfan4 Wrote:Are you serious? Did someone in the bluegrass state just say that there was to much talk about KENTUCKY BASKETBALL!!!! Wow....there is more than one reason why you could never talk to much about Kentucky Basketball, especially this year.

1. Winning Program in College Basketball History
2. One of the classiest and best traditions in college sports.
3. Seven National Championships
4. Hiring of Coach Calipari (which is probably the best hiring since Rick Pitino)
5. The #1 recruiting class in the nation, and the #1 recruiting class in college basketball for a while.

Those are just SOME reasons why Kentucky Fans will never quit talking about basketball in our state. I agree with the fact that the Football program has been forgotten a little bit from all of the excitement, but just know that if you are wanting the "hype" to die down, then don't hold your breathe. Football season is going to be great and everything but if you can name a person that is not excited more about the Basketball season, then they are not a true Kentucky Basketball fan. Don't mean to start an argument but, you could never, ever talk to much on Kentucky Basketball....GO CATS!!!!!

I think when we talk about talking about too much basketball, we need to understand that some of us are football fans, and we are two months away from the season, and this is the time we get excited. All we are saying is don't forget about the successful football team that has won three straight bowl games and getting some really good recruits. We are just talking as football fans. Don't get me wrong we love basketball, but we have been waiting on this.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I think when we talk about talking about too much basketball, we need to understand that some of us are football fans, and we are two months away from the season, and this is the time we get excited. All we are saying is don't forget about the successful football team that has won three straight bowl games and getting some really good recruits. We are just talking as football fans. Don't get me wrong we love basketball, but we have been waiting on this.

ok..well the good thing about this forum is you can start your own threads. So if the football fans want to talk about Football then start one. Then we can let the people talk about what they want. Easily fixed. But one thing that is not going to happen is that people will NOT quit talking about this basketball season. So if you all want to talk football, then start a thread.
I'm personally ready for football season to be over with :lmao:
But, I'll support my cats in everything and I wish Coach Brooks and the UK football team the best of luck.
true_blue221 Wrote:I'm personally ready for football season to be over with :lmao:
But, I'll support my cats in everything and I wish Coach Brooks and the UK football team the best of luck.

Why are you ready for the football season to be over with?