Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Schedule Next Season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
who are the other 2 teams that Coach Calipari is trying to Schedule?
dunno, but I can't wait for the schedule to come out.
We already have UNC, UCONN, Stanford (Cancun, Mexico), Virginia, Indiana, and Louisville. Texas has contacted the UK Athletic Department about a possible game on a netural floor in either Houston or Cincy.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:We already have UNC, UCONN, Stanford (Cancun, Mexico), Virginia, Indiana, and Louisville. Texas has contacted the UK Athletic Department about a possible game on a netural floor in either Houston or Cincy.

i heard a while back that the Texas/UK game wasnt gonna be played this year bc of something. i really cant remember what they said was the reason for them not to play
Strikeout King Wrote:i heard a while back that the Texas/UK game wasnt gonna be played this year bc of something. i really cant remember what they said was the reason for them not to play

I'd like to see a Texas/UK game.
TheHamptons Wrote:I'd like to see a Texas/UK game.

Me 2. but i dont think its gonna happen this year
That would he a really good game.
what bout West Virgina, tho they where post to be a contract between the two
NYY10 Wrote:what bout West Virgina, tho they where post to be a contract between the two

They played last year in a tournament in Las Vegas. No contract was made that I know of.
i thought that i read somewhere that UK and dUKe was going to play this season
I wouldn't mind playing UCLA.... I don't think I've seen a UK/UCLA game, and if I have I can't remember it :lmao:
Cincinnati and a West Virginia series was in the works according to Cal a few weeks ago.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:We already have UNC, UCONN, Stanford (Cancun, Mexico), Virginia, Indiana, and Louisville. Texas has contacted the UK Athletic Department about a possible game on a netural floor in either Houston or Cincy.

A game with Texas would be nice, but if the organizers of such a game think either Houston or Cincinnati would be a neutral site they're mistaken. Any dummy can see that each site would serve as a de facto home game for one of the two teams.

If they want a true neutral court, Memphis is about halfway between the two campuses. Then again, I bet UK and Coach Cal would get much love from the locals there... :biggrin:
Wouldnt mind seeing them play texas or Kansas...I think Kansas will be the best team next year....why not play them next season or Michigan St.
texas would be a awesome match up of PG's that for sure but they don't have big boys like we do. i mean i guess i could say that for everyone.
beasy_bo Wrote:texas would be a awesome match up of PG's that for sure but they don't have big boys like we do. i mean i guess i could say that for everyone.

:Thumbs:
Kansas would be a great game due to it being Henry vs Wall!
i dont think it would matter they are going to win it all anyway
More Cowbell Wrote:A game with Texas would be nice, but if the organizers of such a game think either Houston or Cincinnati would be a neutral site they're mistaken. Any dummy can see that each site would serve as a de facto home game for one of the two teams.

If they want a true neutral court, Memphis is about halfway between the two campuses. Then again, I bet UK and Coach Cal would get much love from the locals there... :biggrin:

I agree these were just two of the sites coach mentioned in a presser. I love the idea of it being held in Memphis! UK would be greatly represented.
Kentucky's opening season game will be aginst the Morehead State Eagles on November 13. Then UK will be playing Virginia and Stanford in the 2010 Cancun Challenge in Cancun, Mexico. UK's next non-confrence game will be aginst the UConn Huskies on December 9 at Madison Square Garden and is part of the Big East/SEC Challenge. Followed by a game with Austin Peay on December 19 in Lexington. Then probly the biggest game on UK's schedule and one of the most anticipated match-ups of the 09-10 season a game in Rupp Arena vs defending national champion North Carolina! Following the clash of the titans UK will travel to Assembly Hall in Bloomington,Indiana to face the Indiana Hoosiers. And finally last but certinally not least the Battle of the Bluegrass vs Louisville in Rupp Arena! I cannot wait to se UK's strength of schedule!

(Dates have not been realesed for the UNC, U of L, or IU games)
When is the schedule going to be released?
I was wondering the same thing.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:I agree these were just two of the sites coach mentioned in a presser. I love the idea of it being held in Memphis! UK would be greatly represented.

Looks like I made a typo in my earlier post, I meant to say UK wouldn't get much love from the folks in Memphis! Seeing all the venom directed at coach Cal coming out of that city right now, we'd probably be roundly booed by all the locals attending such a game.

Perhaps the Houston/Cincinnati thing could work as a two-year contract, with each team serving as the home team for a "neutral-court" game each year.
I wish they would play cinnci.