Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Toughest Conference Next season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
toughest conference next season???
thoughts and Why???
theVILLE Wrote:toughest conference next season???
thoughts and Why???

good question....I say that the Big East will be the conference again this year
Card4life Wrote:good question....I say that the Big East will be the conference again this year

Hope so
Big East.

But the SEC will improve A LOT.... but they're still not good enough to be the toughest conference.
true_blue221 Wrote:Big East.

But the SEC will improve A LOT.... but they're still not good enough to be the toughest conference.

Agreed...Who is in the Sec this year that could compete with UK, I beleieve tennessee and maybe MSU may be the only team....Bulldogs09 I never said they would beat them...I said they could play with them
Big East will probably be the best, but I believe the Big Ten and SEC will be solid.
blackcat Wrote:Big East will probably be the best, but I believe the Big Ten and SEC will be solid.

I agree, but I also think the Big 12 will be very good, but maybe not as much depth.
Gotta go with the Big East again.......
Big East and ACC!
The Big East will be the best in terms of top to bottom.

The conference with the best teams at the top will be the Big 12 (Kansas, Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor, OK State, and Oklahoma will all be good)

The way I see it:
1. Big East- Won't have dominant teams like last year, but very balanced.
2. Big 12- Very top heavy, but the top is goooooood
3. Big 10- MSU will be the real deal. Conference proved to be strronger than expected and will still have good teams in Wisconsin, Ohio State, Illinois, Michigan, Purdue, and Penn State. Improved drastically from last year.
4. ACC- Won't be nearly as good as last year.
5. SEC- UK, MissState, Tennessee, and LSU should be good, improved over last year.
6. Pac 10- Washington, UCLA, Arizona, Washington State, and Cal will all be pretty good, about even to last year. The bottom of the conference will be weak and USC and Arizona State will fall off.

Last year the ACC and Big East were clearly the best conferences... this year the gap has closed substantially.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The Big East will be the best in terms of top to bottom.

The conference with the best teams at the top will be the Big 12 (Kansas, Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor, OK State, and Oklahoma will all be good)

The way I see it:
1. Big East- Won't have dominant teams like last year, but very balanced.
2. Big 12- Very top heavy, but the top is goooooood
3. Big 10- MSU will be the real deal. Conference proved to be strronger than expected and will still have good teams in Wisconsin, Ohio State, Illinois, Michigan, Purdue, and Penn State. Improved drastically from last year.
4. ACC- Won't be nearly as good as last year.
5. SEC- UK, MissState, Tennessee, and LSU should be good, improved over last year.
6. Pac 10- Washington, UCLA, Arizona, Washington State, and Cal will all be pretty good, about even to last year. The bottom of the conference will be weak and USC and Arizona State will fall off.

Last year the ACC and Big East were clearly the best conferences... this year the gap has closed substantially.

how???
Big East but the SEC will improve alot from last year
Sec,acc
theVILLE Wrote:how???

LSU was the best team in the SEC and the only team to even make UNC uncomfortable in the NCAA Tourney.

F Tasmin Mitchell (highly doubtful he remains in draft) and PG Bo Spencer, two of the Tigers top three scorers, return. Spencer's experience at PG automatically is major boost, and Mitchell is one of the best scorers and rebounders in the league coming off being named First Team All-SEC last season.
Big East brings back more than many want to give credit for. I think they can be just as strong this year. The Big 12 is going to be my choice though. I'm taking Kansas as the top team in the country, but they have a tough schedule to get through. At the end of the year, they will the most battle tested team in the country.
true_blue221 Wrote:Big East.

I agree.
What sport are you talking about?
Real Badman Wrote:What sport are you talking about?

Men's Basketball
big east, ACC duke isn't as strong so that takes alot from them. big ten will surpise and same for SEC hate to say it LSU is going to be one of the teams to beat and MSU will not be as good as last year cause i think alot of it was a fluke uh....you youknow they'll talk the PAC 10 up but they're trash besides UCLA
Beast East, followed closely by the B12.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:LSU was the best team in the SEC and the only team to even make UNC uncomfortable in the NCAA Tourney.

F Tasmin Mitchell (highly doubtful he remains in draft) and PG Bo Spencer, two of the Tigers top three scorers, return. Spencer's experience at PG automatically is major boost, and Mitchell is one of the best scorers and rebounders in the league coming off being named First Team All-SEC last season.

Was Mitchell not a senior or was he a junior....not sure...
Give the SEC a few more years, and they will be the best.
theVILLE Wrote:Was Mitchell not a senior or was he a junior....not sure...

Junior