Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Xavier Henry to be a Cat after all?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Xavier Henry is having second thoughts about KU per Marc Maggard.
Could he come to UK since Meeks is looking more likely to leave?

What do you think?
Wayyyyy too early to tell anything right now.

This is all coming from the fact that Xavier and CJ's mother is now having some issues with Self holding up some promises he made. What Self promised, whether it involves both CJ and Xavier, and a timetable for a decision are all purely speculation at this point.

IF for some reason they opt out of their LOI's and get a release (Kansas would pretty much have to release, otherwise it would be a PR nightmare for Self's recruiting) there is a possibility that UK lands Xavier and CJ (remember CJ will not require a scholarship as the New York Yankees is paying for his school).

The issue comes in that UK has moved on since Xavier. It would result in pure scholarship H&$# and the Henry's previously were adament that CJ has a chance to play (he is a PG). I implore UK fans to not get their hopes up, but there definately seems to be truth in the rumors that the Henry's are not too happy right now.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Wayyyyy too early to tell anything right now.

This is all coming from the fact that Xavier and CJ's mother is now having some issues with Self holding up some promises he made. What Self promised, whether it involves both CJ and Xavier, and a timetable for a decision are all purely speculation at this point.

IF for some reason they opt out of their LOI's and get a release (Kansas would pretty much have to release, otherwise it would be a PR nightmare for Self's recruiting) there is a possibility that UK lands Xavier and CJ (remember CJ will not require a scholarship as the New York Yankees is paying for his school).

The issue comes in that UK has moved on since Xavier. It would result in pure scholarship H&$# and the Henry's previously were adament that CJ has a chance to play (he is a PG). I implore UK fans to not get their hopes up, but there definately seems to be truth in the rumors that the Henry's are not too happy right now.
Hope they get happy at KU, we don't need them.
TheRealVille Wrote:Hope they get happy at KU, we don't need them.

:Thumbs:
TheRealVille Wrote:Hope they get happy at KU, we don't need them.

With all the buzz around Cal right now due to the Memphis situation, this certainly would not help his image. The Henry family were ten times more frustrating than John Wall... at least Wall wasn't making demands (as far as we know), and even though Wall drug on his recruitment at least he never publicly flip flopped on who he liked and he was very open, Henry on the other hand changed his favorite school publicly every day, but the annaouncement was always through his father and not him personally.

I tend to agree with you all.. but since Kansas may be our direct competition next year I hope he transfers to somewhere like Oklahoma State or UCLA.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Wayyyyy too early to tell anything right now.

Isn't signed to KU. He signed with Memphis then was let out of his LOI so now he cant sign a new one.
say if Xavier and CJ did get released from KU and chose to come to UK, where would we get the scholarships? who else could leave?
EKUAlum 05 Wrote:With all the buzz around Cal right now due to the Memphis situation, this certainly would not help his image. The Henry family were ten times more frustrating than John Wall... at least Wall wasn't making demands (as far as we know), and even though Wall drug on his recruitment at least he never publicly flip flopped on who he liked and he was very open, Henry on the other hand changed his favorite school publicly every day, but the announcement was always through his father and not him personally.

I tend to agree with you all.. but since Kansas may be our direct competition next year I hope he transfers to somewhere like Oklahoma State or UCLA.

I agree, as you all know i'm a UNC fan, and this would bring some more unwanted attention to UK and coach Cal, as a UNC fan I wouldn't want him there either, lets let him go to duke and let coach K, deal with all of the demands, I think UK has everybody they need, He might hurt more than he would help, but either way, the true blue fans will have a great year and lots to cheer about, so good luck big blue nation!!!:rockon:
Strikeout King Wrote:say if Xavier and CJ did get released from KU and chose to come to UK, where would we get the scholarships? who else could leave?

CJ's school will be paid by the New York Yankees due to his baseball contract he originally signed. Xavier though would create a hailstorm of issues with the already very fragile situation already in place. As I said there is wayyyyy too muchopen information and variables left to even worry about it yet, and when UK missed the first time they moved on with their recruitment.
I think there's to many promises to be made for these two. Not worth the trouble.
Just say no Cal, just say no!!!
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:Just say no Cal, just say no!!!

:thatsfunn :lmao:
At this point, UK does need Xavier Henry. The potential headache of having to deal with him and his family are not worth whatever benefit he might bring to the table.

Let him go elsewhere and be their problem.
Don't matter. We got John Wall.
These kids are as much trouble as Lance Stephenson.
Best thing to do is let him go somewhere else. I just don't see Meeks being a first rounder.
Meeks won't be a 1st or 2nd rounder, but it is looking like he might stay in the draft and take the chance. I think if they could get Henry that would be great, but they are going to be a lot of trouble and aggravation.
He would be crazy if he is told he won't be a first rounder and stay in the draft. If he was going to do that he should have went on ahead and hire a agent.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:These kids are as much trouble as Lance Stephenson.

Not quite... Henry may cause your team chemistry to fail and cause drama.

Stephenson will cause your team chemistry to fail, cause drama, and get you a NCAA violation just by stepping on campus.
Don't care. As others have said, if he is demanding so much then why do we want him? Not to mention our team looks pretty solid right now!
bigjim4packers Wrote:I think there's to many promises to be made for these two. Not worth the trouble.

I tend to agree with you. I like the make-up of the team as of now. I still don't think it's a given that Meeks goes to the NBA. Henry is another one and done everyone should already know my thoughts about Wall and this situation....
Henry had his chance at UK but chose Kansas. Make your bed now lay in it. I for one don't want any Jayhawk reject coming to play in the BIG BLUE NATION!! Keep flip flopping Henry and just maybe South Alabama will take you guys. I think they got there and realized Self only wanted the brother to get Xavier, now they go and that loaded roster at Kansas has no room for little CJ to play and mommy is mad. As the modified verse of an old song says it closing time, you don't have to go home, but you're not wanted in Catland now, so don't come here.
I hope he stays West of the Mississippi River!! Go Blue!!!
i'd take xavier but no room for lil brother.....especially since we got rid of slone
beasy_bo Wrote:i'd take xavier but no room for lil brother.....especially since we got rid of slone

His brother is good enough to play D-1 ball though, just happens to be that he's better at baseball. If he wasnt signed with the Yankees he would go somewhere big in Basetball, getting him as a walk on is a steal.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Meeks won't be a 1st or 2nd rounder, but it is looking like he might stay in the draft and take the chance. I think if they could get Henry that would be great, but they are going to be a lot of trouble and aggravation.

Meeks will come back if he is not a first rounder. He said in an interview with Andy Katz at the draft combine last week that if he wasn't a first rounder he would return.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/inde...=katz_andy
That is for sure.
It has been said by the father that the two boys are enrolled at Kansas and they are not upset there!!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:It has been said by the father that the two boys are enrolled at Kansas and they are not upset there!!

i saw on KSR that Xavier wont attend summer classes but still plans on attending KU
well right now from everything that ive looked at Meeks is projected mid to late second round...
Pages: 1 2