Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Landon Slone Close to Commiting to Morehead State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Former Kentucky walk-on Landon Slone is close to a commitment to Morehead State after visiting the campus on Friday.

An official announcement could come by early next week, he said on Saturday.

Slone, an all-state player for Paintsville High, became a fan favorite as a freshman walk-on for UK last season. His gritty, fearless play and perimeter shooting thrilled fans.

http://ukbasketball.bloginky.com/2009/05...ead-state/
Awesome stuff!
Good luck to Landon,and I hope he does well!!!!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
This is good to hear.

Good Luck Landon!
Good luck Landon.
I hope everything goes well for him.:Thumbs:
What kind of impact do you all think Landon will make at Morehead State?
i think it is a good fit and he can always bring guts to a team even if he isn't prime time. will get about ten mins a game maybe more if he transitions well.
beasy_bo Wrote:i think it is a good fit and he can always bring guts to a team even if he isn't prime time. will get about ten mins a game maybe more if he transitions well.

I agree.

He'll be a spark off the bench. Someone that will play their tail-off every second that he's in and knock down a few from downtown.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I agree.

He'll be a spark off the bench. Someone that will play their tail-off every second that he's in and knock down a few from downtown.
bingo:Thumbs:
I think Landon may be able to compete for a starting spot. Or be the sixth man off the bench. Hope nothing but the best for the kid.
good luck Landon...this kid deserves nothing but the best...**** he may even make it to the NCAA tourny any how
C.Clair Wrote:I think Landon may be able to compete for a starting spot. Or be the sixth man off the bench. Hope nothing but the best for the kid.

I sure hope so.
Best of Luck
beasy_bo Wrote:i think it is a good fit and he can always bring guts to a team even if he isn't prime time. will get about ten mins a game maybe more if he transitions well.

If he cant even start for morehead then y was he at kentucky?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If he cant even start for morehead then y was he at kentucky?

He was a walk-on. Congrats to Landon
Bench player....He will play very little at the Head.
Best of luck to him.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If he cant even start for morehead then y was he at kentucky?
Let's see how close your player gets to UK.
Wish nothing but the best to Landon. Dream scenario would be he becomes a standout early in his career and transfers to a bigger school (ala Patrick Sparks) where he can get better exposure and increase his chances of making a run in the NCAA Tourney.
Reason for transfering?
If...Then Wrote:Reason for transfering?

P.T. and likelihood of earning a scholarship. Additionally, Cal is not a big fan of walk-on's unlike BCG and Slone's game doesn;t translate well to Cal's system.
I am happy for this kid. Good Luck!
Will he have to set out a season or can he play right off MSU is still D-1.
I know members of Landon's family. Landon is a very strong willed kid and will do well not only in basketball, but in life as well.

Good luck to you Landon.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Will he have to set out a season or can he play right off MSU is still D-1.

NCAA rules require a player to sit one year when transferring, regardless of walk-on status
Stardust Wrote:NCAA rules require a player to sit one year when transferring, regardless of walk-on status

Well does that mean Xavier Henry's brother C.J. (who walked on at Memphis last season) will be inelgible at Kansas this season?
I was wondering the same thing also.
awesome... I hope he does well there.....
he will, but will that cause him to loose one year of of being on the team or will he be able to apply for a fifth year?