Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allen 7 on 7 Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Saturday May 30th at Allen Elem.

10:00 a.m. Allen Central vs. Adams
Allen vs. Betsy Layne

11:00 a.m. Betsy Layne vs. Adams
Allen vs. Allen Central

12:00 p.m. Allen vs. Adams
Betsy Layne vs. Allen Central
Good luck to all...should be a good day of football
Glad to see the Rebels already looking towards next season. Good Luck!!
I think it is great Allen is having this for the Floyd county middle teams. It is good to see most of our schools getting in a football mode early. I look forward to seeing a little football this weekend.
its only 2 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets get ready for some football.
go BIG BLUE
Good Luck Blackcats...........
Bobcats won all 3 games, dont know other games.......BL looked real good.
Great day, the boys had really played hard. Allen lost to BL then we beat AC finally we lost to Adamsby 10, but we missed 3 touchdowns in the endzone.Keep fighting Eagles.
Good day of football... Thanks to the Allen Eagle staff for hosting (Excellent Job) ! Really impressed with Jarrell and Case today !!
Allen Has really improved and Chad Hall will be a good hire for AC ! Decent day for us (Keep working Blackcats) !!
Great day of football indeed! Thanks to Allen coaches for allowing us to participate. Eagles have made great improvement. Great game Blackcats. Allen Central have a great coach in Chad Hall, keep fighting Rebels. Proud of my BOBCATS! Great job.
Absolutely a great day of football. Thanks Seth and the rest of the Eagle staff for hosting and doing an excellent job. Congrats to BL on a great day. Myself like most was impressed with the Bobocats and Jarrell. But let me say that Coach Crisp and his staff have got Eagle football back to a very competitive level. I was most impressed with this Eagle team and their desire to win. And as always the Blackcats played well. I think by the start of the season Holiday will make a great leader for this team. Very proud of the effort put out by the Rebels with a about half the kids having one days practice. Keep up the hard work. Would have loved to have had the Raiders out as well. I think the future of Floyd County football is looking strong.
Hmmmm..... Not to start a war here, but I don't see any of these "great" teams signed up to play at UK on June 13th? In fact, Adams just dropped out.

Here are the teams who have registered -

Caldwell County
Frankfort
Bloomfield
Meece
Lone Oak
Bourbon County
Owensboro Catholic
Lexington Christian
Lexington Catholic
Trotwood Madison (Ohio)
Spencer County
Gallatin County
Raceland
Whitley County
Clark
Bondurant
St. Aloysius
Edgewood (Indiana)

What gives with your Eastern KY boys????
FF40212 Wrote:Hmmmm..... Not to start a war here, but I don't see any of these "great" teams signed up to play at UK on June 13th? In fact, Adams just dropped out.

Caldwell County
Frankfort
Bloomfield
Meece
Lone Oak
Bourbon County
Owensboro Catholic
Lexington Christian
Lexington Catholic
Trotwood Madison (Ohio)
Spencer County
Gallatin County
Raceland
Whitley County
Clark
Bondurant
St. Aloysius
Edgewood (Indiana)

Adams dropped out because of travel expense.
I would tend to think when someone said great day of football, they were talking about our county. Finally, if you are "not trying to start a war" why make the statement ????
Do you think your county is the only county in the state playing baseball this time of year?

Why not bring the players you can bring? That's what everyone else is doing.

And you answered for Adams (which my understanding was their reason was "travel considerations"). What about the others? Allen? Allen Central? The winner of that day Betsy Layne?

Ironic that there is suddenly a 7 on 7 in Prestonburg on the only other open weekend in June?

hmmmmmmmmmm???????

Facts, my friend. Just the facts.....
Hold up! Why did you just change your response?

Come on now, buddy!

Don't throw jabs and then change your story!!!!
FF40212 Wrote:Hmmmm..... Not to start a war here, but I don't see any of these "great" teams signed up to play at UK on June 13th? In fact, Adams just dropped out.

Caldwell County
Frankfort
Bloomfield
Meece
Lone Oak
Bourbon County
Owensboro Catholic
Lexington Christian
Lexington Catholic
Trotwood Madison (Ohio)
Spencer County
Gallatin County
Raceland
Whitley County
Clark
Bondurant
St. Aloysius
Edgewood (Indiana)

I can give you a couple of possibilities, one budget and two, speaking for Floyd Co, all of our schools are small and our athletes play other sports and baseball is going on now and football is having to work around baseball practice and games. I noticed that most of the teams signed up are county or private schools and have the money to travel and numbers to prepare and play. I think in an earlier post Betsy Layne only had 13 kids at Allen on Saturday which is next door and a few of those players were 5/6 graders.
Colonel,

I respect your response. It makes sense. As I explained to the young canoeman, we all have the same situation with regards to baseball, 4H camp, family vacations, etc. Do you think the children of Floyd County, KY are the only active children in the entire Commonwealth?

As for "small schools" and budgets and such, I say if your coach doesn't want to take your middle school players to a Division 1 college, play on their facilities in front of D1 coaches, interact with those players, get tours inside the facilities, compete against teams from all over the state, and have an all around awesome time, well then I say you should ask your coach why he is coaching. That is my personal opinion.

I know there are coaches out there who only want to play if they think they can win. That is the truth. Personally, we are taking the kids that are able to go. We are a county with 2 stop lights. I don't feel sorry for you if you have 4 middle schools in your county. We have 1. Our player's parents are toting the kids down, the kids came up with $16 to spend the night in the dorms the night before, and our program covered the $150 entry fee. I don't think that is too extravagant.

FYI, I called about reservations today at the state park resort in Prestonburg and they wanted $89 a night (+ tax) for us to come there and stay the night before the 7 on 7 there. You do that math?

So, in closing, I have slowly but surely realized that this board has a lot of Eastern KY folks on it. I don't expect you all to know what is going on in the other parts of the state. However, for you all to say you are the "best" at things, I feel you should compete with teams from across the state to measure that.

Again, that is my personal opinion.
FF40212 Wrote:Hold up! Why did you just change your response?

Come on now, buddy!

Don't throw jabs and then change your story!!!!

Story changed because I had 5 kids with other plans none of which are baseball, but the biggest reason was expense so that was the reason for the change. Boy, your tune has changed since this morning buddy.
And for the record, 4 of the 19 teams listed are private schools. The other FIFTEEN are public. Not that that matters. Just wanted to make that clear.

2 are coming from out of state! Talk about taking advantage of an opportunity?????

Prestonburg, KY to Lexington KY (from http://www.mapsonus.com)

Route Summary
Total Distance: 117.0 miles
Estimated Time: 2 hours

Depart SR-1428 / N Lake Dr
1 Turn left onto SR-114 (17.4 mi)
2 Keep straight onto US-460 (2.4 mi)
3 Road name changes to Bert T Combs Mountain Pkwy / Bert T Combs Mountain Pky Ext (75.0 mi)
4 Take ramp and follow signs for I-64 West (18.5 mi)
5 At exit 113, take ramp right for US-27 / US-68 toward Paris / Lexington (0.4 mi)
6 Turn right onto US-27 South / US-68 West / N Broadway / Paris Pike (3.2 mi)
Arrive at lexington, ky
My tune is the same. It isn't just you. It isn't personal, I promise.

I just hate it when folks say one thing in public and then do something else?

You want to argue this on this board? Really?

And my post on here about you "changing your story" was your FIRST response was about "not having enough kids". Then you edited it to say "travel expense".

Caldwell County
Frankfort
Bloomfield
Meece
Lone Oak
Bourbon County
Owensboro Catholic
Lexington Christian
Lexington Catholic
Trotwood Madison (Ohio)
Spencer County
Gallatin County
Raceland
Whitley County
Clark
Bondurant
St. Aloysius
Edgewood (Indiana)

No , not really. I think you started bashing us. I dont see anyplace where we commented on your county.
I agree, no one bashed my county. Nor did I bash yours.

Bottom line here - look at this message board. There are constantly threads about how "great" football is here and there (Eastern KY, in the Mountains, Pike, etc.) I understand that is the purpose of a message board. It is a place for fans (usually) to get on here and talk about stuff with one another. A lot of times they go back and forth about who is the better team, who beat who last, etc.

Here is my point - you all have an opportunity to play against teams from ALL OVER THE ENTIRE STATE OF KENTUCKY at THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY on June 13th and you aren't going to? Why not? Because you can't win without a kid or two? Or three?

I coach at the only middle school in a county that feeds the only high school in the county. We have 15K people in the whole dang county. My kids are working their butts off on their farms during the week "so we can be off on Saturday to play, Coach". And you want me to believe that you all can't come up with the money to go 117 miles and play in Lexington? Come on.

This is my point - if you think your county has the best football that is fine. I'm just going to tell you every time that if you don't play anyone outside of your county, make sure you put that asterisk (its the * sign on your keyboard) that your statements apply to your county only. Otherwise, I say sign up and play with the other teams from across the state. I can guarantee your kids will have a great time, and it will be something they will remember for the rest of their lives - win or lose.
[quote=FF40212]Hmmmm..... Not to start a war here, but I don't see any of these "great" teams signed up to play at UK on June 13th? In fact, Adams just dropped out.

Caldwell County
Frankfort
Bloomfield
Meece
Lone Oak
Bourbon County
Owensboro Catholic
Lexington Christian
Lexington Catholic
Trotwood Madison (Ohio)
Spencer County

I did not see anyplace that said any of the teams from floyd were great. just a great day of football. In Floyd co. it is board policy that our parents can not "tote" our kids. We have to take a bus, which means paying the driver and also for the fuel. Also this thread is about Allen 7 on 7. The kids enjoyed,the coaches enjoyed and I am sure that the parents enjoyed. Why would you as an adult want to enter this thread and say some of the stuff that you have when you know the kids read this stuff. Not very professional at all. I can personally speak for several of the coaches involved and they do have the kids best interests at heart.
FF40212 Wrote:Colonel,

I respect your response. It makes sense. As I explained to the young canoeman, we all have the same situation with regards to baseball, 4H camp, family vacations, etc. Do you think the children of Floyd County, KY are the only active children in the entire Commonwealth?

As for "small schools" and budgets and such, I say if your coach doesn't want to take your middle school players to a Division 1 college, play on their facilities in front of D1 coaches, interact with those players, get tours inside the facilities, compete against teams from all over the state, and have an all around awesome time, well then I say you should ask your coach why he is coaching. That is my personal opinion.

I know there are coaches out there who only want to play if they think they can win. That is the truth. Personally, we are taking the kids that are able to go. We are a county with 2 stop lights. I don't feel sorry for you if you have 4 middle schools in your county. We have 1. Our player's parents are toting the kids down, the kids came up with $16 to spend the night in the dorms the night before, and our program covered the $150 entry fee. I don't think that is too extravagant.

FYI, I called about reservations today at the state park resort in Prestonburg and they wanted $89 a night (+ tax) for us to come there and stay the night before the 7 on 7 there. You do that math?

So, in closing, I have slowly but surely realized that this board has a lot of Eastern KY folks on it. I don't expect you all to know what is going on in the other parts of the state. However, for you all to say you are the "best" at things, I feel you should compete with teams from across the state to measure that.

Again, that is my personal opinion.

I also respect your opinion as you have some good points. I'm sure other places have the same problems but I think the point you are missing is during the season our Floyd County teams only dress 20-24 kids for a 7/8th grade game. We do have four middle schools but they are all very small and all except one are in elementary school buildings so not even a true middle school. Three of the four high schools are single A schools and the other is a AA school.

I know each of our middle school coaches and all would love to take their kids and compete at UK however our travel in not up to the coaches it is the school admin that makes the call on travel and we are required to take a bus. You have one middle school and what is the enrollment? I bet it is close to twice as big as our largest. Why are our coaches coaching? To teach kids the game of football and prepare them for high school. Two of our coaches are in their second season as coaches and one was just hired in the past two weeks. I do not think any of our coaches are the type to play only where they can win.

The Brookeshire will have better rates. And where are all the Central, Northern, and Western KY teams comitting to Pburgs 7 on 7? No one wants to travel to Eastern KY for 7 on 7. Probrably due to travel expenses.

I do not think anyone is on hear saying that we are the best football teams in the state. Everyone was just talking about what a great day of football we had and as you said I don't expect you to understand about what has happened around here, but Floyd County was at on time down to only one competitive football team but because some good coaches and volunteers have taken over they are starting to turn things around and to have all of our teams being competitive Saturday has excited a lot of our local fans and coaches as well. A lot of hard work has gone into building the programs and work still needs to be done but there are several individuals giving their all to building quality teams. Our teams have come a long way in a short time.

This board does have a lot of Eastern Kentuckians partly because it was started by an Eastern KY guy.
:Thumbs:
Colonel Kill Wrote:I also respect your opinion as you have some good points. I'm sure other places have the same problems but I think the point you are missing is during the season our Floyd County teams only dress 20-24 kids for a 7/8th grade game. We do have four middle schools but they are all very small and all except one are in elementary school buildings so not even a true middle school. Three of the four high schools are single A schools and the other is a AA school.

I know each of our middle school coaches and all would love to take their kids and compete at UK however our travel in not up to the coaches it is the school admin that makes the call on travel and we are required to take a bus. You have one middle school and what is the enrollment? I bet it is close to twice as big as our largest. Why are our coaches coaching? To teach kids the game of football and prepare them for high school. Two of our coaches are in their second season as coaches and one was just hired in the past two weeks. I do not think any of our coaches are the type to play only where they can win.

The Brookeshire will have better rates. And where are all the Central, Northern, and Western KY teams comitting to Pburgs 7 on 7? No one wants to travel to Eastern KY for 7 on 7. Probrably due to travel expenses.

I do not think anyone is on hear saying that we are the best football teams in the state. Everyone was just talking about what a great day of football we had and as you said I don't expect you to understand about what has happened around here, but Floyd County was at on time down to only one competitive football team but because some good coaches and volunteers have taken over they are starting to turn things around and to have all of our teams being competitive Saturday has excited a lot of our local fans and coaches as well. A lot of hard work has gone into building the programs and work still needs to be done but there are several individuals giving their all to building quality teams. Our teams have come a long way in a short time.

This board does have a lot of Eastern Kentuckians partly because it was started by an Eastern KY guy.

Rivalrat Wrote:[quote=FF40212]Hmmmm..... Not to start a war here, but I don't see any of these "great" teams signed up to play at UK on June 13th? In fact, Adams just dropped out.

Caldwell County
Frankfort
Bloomfield
Meece
Lone Oak
Bourbon County
Owensboro Catholic
Lexington Christian
Lexington Catholic
Trotwood Madison (Ohio)
Spencer County

I did not see anyplace that said any of the teams from floyd were great. just a great day of football. In Floyd co. it is board policy that our parents can not "tote" our kids. We have to take a bus, which means paying the driver and also for the fuel. Also this thread is about Allen 7 on 7. The kids enjoyed,the coaches enjoyed and I am sure that the parents enjoyed. Why would you as an adult want to enter this thread and say some of the stuff that you have when you know the kids read this stuff. Not very professional at all. I can personally speak for several of the coaches involved and they do have the kids best interests at heart.

Our school district has the policy. We are required to travel by bus. Last year, our 38 players and 4 coaches travelled to every game on a bus.

However, in the summer, when we do optional things such as the UK 7 on 7, we are allowed to have the parents sign waivers instead of having to pay for a bus driver and mileage. Believe me, I know how expensive that can be. There will be schools at UK this year who will travel by bus. My school has an enrollment of just under 600 (grades 6-8).

As for paying for the actual tournament, my players and their parents literally picked up trash through a roadside litter abatement program in order to raise the money for us to play. I think that shows how committed my folks are to competing?

Again, I am not picking on Floyd County. I am a little disappointed that Adams signed up to come and then backed out only to offer a 7 on 7 of their own. The 7 on 7s at Murray State, UK, Frankfort, Union and WKU have been advertised since February. They were strategically placed all across the state in order to cut down on travel expenses for schools all over. We even had one scheduled for Pikeville College on the 20th, but that was cancelled after Coach Bryan resigned. I would think that the coaches across the state have had plenty of time to decide if they were interested in participating. These weren't a spur of the moment surprise for anyone.

Perhaps next year some of the teams there will be able to participate. I certainly wish the 4 teams there in Floyd County (and all the middle school in the Eastern part of the state) good luck in 2009. If you all were to find yourself in a position to come next Saturday, I hope you will do so.
[QUOTE=Rivalrat;777124Why would you as an adult want to enter this thread and say some of the stuff that you have when you know the kids read this stuff. Not very professional at all. I can personally speak for several of the coaches involved and they do have the kids best interests at heart.[/QUOTE]

I hope that kids there read this thread and ask their coach why they can't play at a DIVISION 1 COLLEGE on turf fields in front of Coach Brooks, Coach Phillips, Coach Sanders, and a ton of the UK players that they usually only see on TV.

I am about offering opportunities to kids. And not just the kids that I coach. Believe me, I work year round for these only to see coaches who are either too lazy to do the work to get their kids there or to apathetic to put in a little extra time.

It bothers me. It really does. I feel like those kids are cheated. I feel like those kids SHOULD be able to have a day where they can feel like a college football player, see how that place is, and remember what it was like (for the rest of their life) to play on the same surface that their UK Wildcats prepare on.

I say that because I take kids from a very rural county there every year. I will continue to do that. No matter what it costs. No matter what. I have kids who don't have running water (literally). I have kids who have to buy their first pair of tennis shoes for our indoor workouts on rainy days. I have kids who work all day on a farm, and THEN come to practice, only to go home and finish work they missed the 2 and a half hours they were practicing football.

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for you one bit. I know, personally, what these kind of experiences mean to a middle school football player. I know it's worth it. As a coach, I couldn't do it any other way. How yours does it is between him and his kids.....

Again, my opinion.....
Colonel,
Your kids looked good Saturday. Glad to see you get the job !
We got a bit off topic for a minute :biggrin:
Hope to see you on the 20th .....
Pages: 1 2