Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville line-up next season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know you all could care less, but what is your opinion on the lineups....

this what I think it will be with the possible subs at each position

Siva/Sosa
Smith/Knowles/Delk/Marra/Kuric
Buckles/Delk/Knowles
Jennings/Samuels/Swopshire/Van Tresse/Goode
Samuels/Jennigs
They will be very solid
Stardust Wrote:They will be very solid

Thank you there SD
F- Samuels
F- Jennings
G- Knowles
G- Smith
G- Sosa

The Cards will be very good next season, but I do not think they'll be near as good as they where this past season.
Next year's Louisville reminds me of this year's Michigan State. On paper they may not be the most talented team, but they are deep and have several dependable role players. they also have a dominant post player and good defensive guards and forwards.

If UL gets good PG play next year and someone steps up as a viable scorer aside from Samuels they can surprise some people next year.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:F- Samuels
F- Jennings
G- Knowles
G- Smith
G- Sosa

The Cards will be very good next season, but I do not think they'll be near as good as they where this past season.

Understand...i still say they were a final four team this past year...but I say maybe sweet 16 next season....

and EKUalum...agree with you too for once...:biggrin:
I think they will do good. Maybe not as good as last year, but good. I think Knowles will stand out this year. I can't wait till the UK/U of L game!! It is always close!!
Louisville will be solid next year, but they're really weak at the 4 and 5. Their guards are going to have to play huge all year.
^ I think Samuels is a completely different player this year. It will be HIS team
theVILLE Wrote:I know you all could care less, but what is your opinion on the lineups....

Siva/Sosa
Buckles/Delk/Knowles
Samuels/Jennigs
Solid team, Great Coach who will have them ready come tournament time.
See there theVILLE, UK fans can be civil at times. Besides, I noticed your a Colts fan. You can't be all bad.:Thumbs:
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:Solid team, Great Coach who will have them ready come tournament time.
See there theVILLE, UK fans can be civil at times. Besides, I noticed your a Colts fan. You can't be all bad.:Thumbs:

Colts all the way ...lol...
Stardust Wrote:^ I think Samuels is a completely different player this year. It will be HIS team

Great Post....He has the Freshman Woes behind him and ready to play now...and show why he was the #1 recruit
blackcat Wrote:Louisville will be solid next year, but they're really weak at the 4 and 5. Their guards are going to have to play huge all year.

Samuels and jennings arent weak, but once you get to the bench i see what you are talking about then...
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:I think they will do good. Maybe not as good as last year, but good. I think Knowles will stand out this year. I can't wait till the UK/U of L game!! It is always close!!

Yeah I look for Knowles to stand out with the pressure D and the shooting he has...a major success with him on the floor....
Samuels could be the Beast player of the year....i mean he will be a beast this year....I think that Ville will beat everyone this season besides maybe 4 games....the VILLE will have some sad cats in rupp as they leave there with a VICTORY
BullDogs09 Wrote:Samuels could be the Beast player of the year....i mean he will be a beast this year....I think that Ville will beat everyone this season besides maybe 4 games....the VILLE will have some sad cats in rupp as they leave there with a VICTORY

I hope you are right...but only 4 games they lose....I dont know about that....I think they will beat UK but Im a card fan im all ways going to say that....
When not playing UK, I always pull for the Cards. I had some family graduate from UofL and we have some great exchanges throught the year. Anyway, I think the Cards will be a solid team. Samuels and Jennings will be tough for most teams to deal with inside. If someone steps up into the consistant outside scorer and with some decent pg play UofL may reign supreme once again in the BEAST. I think they are a solid sweet 16 team but never under estimate the motivational teacher in Slick Rick as he will have them ready come March.
theVILLE Wrote:I hope you are right...but only 4 games they lose....I dont know about that....I think they will beat UK but Im a card fan im all ways going to say that....

Besides being a Card Fan, give solid reason as to why you think Louisville can beat the Cats?
Ville, be real here and not a HOMER, match these two squads up and give me your breakdown:

G-Wall vs. Siva
G- Meeks vs. Smith
F-Miller vs. Sosa
F-Patterson vs. Samuels
C-Cousin vs. Jennings

On paper, I just don't see how you can give the game to Louisville
Colonel Kill Wrote:When not playing UK, I always pull for the Cards. I had some family graduate from UofL and we have some great exchanges throught the year. Anyway, I think the Cards will be a solid team. Samuels and Jennings will be tough for most teams to deal with inside. If someone steps up into the consistant outside scorer and with some decent pg play UofL may reign supreme once again in the BEAST. I think they are a solid sweet 16 team but never under estimate the motivational teacher in Slick Rick as he will have them ready come March.

Great Post
Stardust Wrote:Besides being a Card Fan, give solid reason as to why you think Louisville can beat the Cats?

Expierence, and PG play....Shooting....Maturity....yeah I cant use coach anymore....you all got the closest think to Rick
Give a logical reason as to why UK will beat ville.....
Stardust Wrote:Ville, be real here and not a HOMER, match these two squads up and give me your breakdown:

G-Wall vs. Siva
G- Meeks vs. Smith
F-Miller vs. Sosa
F-Patterson vs. Samuels
C-Cousin vs. Jennings

On paper, I just don't see how you can give the game to Louisville

You are just forgetting Knowles too...and
Sosa-Senior
SMith-Senior
Samuels-Sophmore-
Knowles Junior....
MArre sharp shooting Freshman
Buckles- big shooting forward- Freshman

Uk is deeper than Ville inside but Samuels and Jennings will be fine
i sosa will be starting at PG just caz of experience and he picked his game up alot last year and deserves to start.
Starting 5 for my cards will be
Sosa/Siva- not sure of which one yet but Sosa probably with expierence
Smith
Knowles/Buckles-Knowles strting out and then Buckles will some later on
Jennings
Samuels- should have a big year....and show why he was the number one recruit

on the bench
Siva
Buckles
Marra
Swopshire
Goode
Kuric
Delk

this team should be pretty well in the top 15 coming MARCH!!!
Card4life Wrote:Starting 5 for my cards will be
Sosa/Siva- not sure of which one yet but Sosa probably with expierence
Smith
Knowles/Buckles-Knowles strting out and then Buckles will some later on
Jennings
Samuels- should have a big year....and show why he was the number one recruit

on the bench
Siva
Buckles
Marra
Swopshire
Goode
Kuric
Delk

this team should be pretty well in the top 15 coming MARCH!!!

Great Post here...
BlackcatAlum Wrote:F- Samuels
F- Jennings
G- Knowles
G- Smith
G- Sosa

Couldnt agree more
theVILLE Wrote:Expierence, and PG play....Shooting....Maturity....yeah I cant use coach anymore....you all got the closest think to Rick
Give a logical reason as to why UK will beat ville.....

Experience? UL starts 2 seniors vs Uk's 2 seniors. PG play? Do i need to go there? Who knows about Maturity yet.

And a logical reason, You won by a last second shot from a 3 from the last option that should have been used. UL got worse, UK got WAY better.
UofL will be a solid team, should be fun to watch. As everybody knows they will be there come tournament time, and you cant ever count Rick out!!!!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
theVILLE Wrote:I know you all could care less, but what is your opinion on the lineups....

Siva/Sosa
Buckles/Delk/Knowles
Samuels/Jennigs

You don't think that Sosa will start? I know that Siva is really good, but don't see him coming in and starting over Sosa.

Will Delk get more PT this year? Thought he would last year. We could see several different starting lineups next year. Knowles has proved how valuabe he is to the team. Not sure if he will start or continue to be the spark plug off the bench.

I feel that the Cards could go farther in the NCAA this year than this past year. With what we know now about what Pitino was dealing with off the court, it did effect the Cards in the NCAA tourney. Hopefully all of this with Pitino will be put to rest and not affect the team.
Holmes/UKfan Wrote:Experience? UL starts 2 seniors vs Uk's 2 seniors. PG play? Do i need to go there? Who knows about Maturity yet.

And a logical reason, You won by a last second shot from a 3 from the last option that should have been used. UL got worse, UK got WAY better.

How do you know that they got better?????they havent played yet....Siva may be best PG in the nation or someone else
Pages: 1 2