Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AJ Stewart Leaves Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/45920697.html

Kentucky's current roster:

Freshman
Daniel Orton
Jon Hood
John Wall
Eric Bledsoe
DeMarcus Cousins

Sophomore
Darius Miller
DeAndre Liggins
Darnell Dodson

Junior
Patrick Patterson
Josh Harrellson
Matt Pilgrim

Senior
Perry Stevenson
Kevin Galloway
Ramon Harris
*Jodie Meeks

If Meeks returns that leaves UK with 15 players on scholarship and as most of you know you can only have 13.
how many more will have to leave before UK can have enough Scholarships for everyone?
Strikeout King Wrote:how many more will have to leave before UK can have enough Scholarships for everyone?

If Meeks decides to stay in the draft then no more players will have to leave. If Meeks decides to come back then someone else will have to leave the team.

Liggins & Harrellson are the only players left on the roster that I can think of leaving if Meeks does return. If I had to put my money on it, it would Liggins being asked to leave.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If Meeks decides to stay in the draft then no more players will have to leave. If Meeks decides to come back then someone else will have to leave the team.

Liggins & Harrellson are the only players left on the roster that I can think of leaving if Meeks does return. If I had to put my money on it, it would Liggins being asked to leave.

Thanks BCA. i think that Meeks will come back and Liggins will leave.
I can't blame him, he wanted out last year and it probably would've been more productive for him had he not came back as he would've gotten eligibility elsewhere quicker. Truth of the matter is though, we needed him at that point in time. Even if Meeks does stay in the draft one more will still have to go, I don't see Pilgrams name on your list and I know he's a scholly player. Nonetheless, wish A.J. the best no matter where he may wind up. Guess Cousins will sport his typical #15 next year now.
The Blue Blur Wrote:I can't blame him, he wanted out last year and it probably would've been more productive for him had he not came back as he would've gotten eligibility elsewhere quicker. Truth of the matter is though, we needed him at that point in time. Even if Meeks does stay in the draft one more will still have to go, I don't see Pilgrams name on your list and I know he's a scholly player. Nonetheless, wish A.J. the best no matter where he may wind up. Guess Cousins will sport his typical #15 next year now.

I totally forgot about Pilgrim.
Any word on where Stewart may go?
No surprise for me that Stewart is leaving.
MVP2 Wrote:Any word on where Stewart may go?

I've read that he wants to attend college in Florida, which is where AJ is from.

I've also read that Calipari will be helping him find a college and help get on scholarship at whatever college as well.
Yeah Cal wants to help him get another scholarship, and he wants to attend in Florida.
I found A.J.'s recruiting profile from a few years back when UK landed him. He was also offered from Jacksonville and Florida State. I'd say A.J. is Seminole bound if I were guessing. So now that we got Pilgram in the mix if Meeks stays in the draft, we still have one more we have to get rid of. I'd say Harrellson, Liggins and Pilgram himself are the front runners unless one of the seniors decide to go which I hope they don't. They've stuck it out through the Gillispie era they all need rewarded for that. They could've very easily said the heck with BCG and transferred.
I wish AJ all the luck in the world.
Wish AJ nothing but the best.
I wish the best of luck to you AJ. I hope you become a star at whatever school you choose to play for.
It is highly unlikely he will go to FSU. His best best would be to go to Jacksonville.

[URL="http://floridastate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1080&tid=123267442&mid=123267442&sid=1061&style=2"]
[/URL]
Panther Thunder Wrote:It is highly unlikely he will go to FSU. His best best would be to go to Jacksonville.

You seem to be a FSU fan, I follow the football team but not the basketball team. You care to elaborate why A.J. Stewart wouldn't be a good addition to the Noles??
i wish harris would go.
The Blue Blur Wrote:You seem to be a FSU fan, I follow the football team but not the basketball team. You care to elaborate why A.J. Stewart wouldn't be a good addition to the Noles??
No Scholarship room.
Panther Thunder Wrote:No Scholarship room.

From what I've seen FSU lost three players to graduation, and have two committments maybe I'm missing something.
The Blue Blur Wrote:From what I've seen FSU lost three players to graduation, and have two committments maybe I'm missing something.
Right now they have 2 players signed, Terrance Shannon and Michael Snaer. One has committed, but not signed in Jon Kreft. So, he will receive the final scholarship- assuming he signs. Which is why I said it is highly unlikely. Kreft is waiting until later in the summer to sign for some reason, so it would be best for AJ to go to Jacksonville, where he could get some playing time and be set in what he is doing. Instead of sitting around waiting for an almost sure thing to happen, and having to go from there. I hope that clears up any confusion.
There were rumors that Coach was trying to secure a scholarship or two up at UMASS for a couple of players that will be leaving. AJ cannot play at FSU, he would be better off going to Jacksonville
He is going to NKU
BlackcatAlum, are you saying that Donald Williams is officially off the team? I have read where they still count him on scholarship for right now.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:BlackcatAlum, are you saying that Donald Williams is officially off the team? I have read where they still count him on scholarship for right now.

From my understanding he was gone only a few weeks after Calipari arrived in Lexington.

Could be wrong, but I'm almost certain that Donald Williams is gone.
another player will have to go wether meeks stays or goes.. its 14 without meeks, 15 with.. so 1 will, possibly 2 more will be leaving..
who cares he wouldnt even be a stand out at allice lloyd.
he wont start where ever he goes.
Personally, I thought A.J. was a decent player and could play at a school like FSU. Obviously I was wrong, but I've never thought FSU to be a top tier program in basketball. I feel there are still players on UK's roster that aren't as good as A.J. and UK is obviously a top tier school this season. Oh well, good luck to Stewart where ever he winds up.
Good luck to AJ. Like Coach said, if you cant play, he cant hide you.
central fan Wrote:who cares he wouldnt even be a stand out at allice lloyd.

You cant be serious can you. A.J. is a good player and I think could make it at another bcs d-1 school.
central fan Wrote:who cares he wouldnt even be a stand out at allice lloyd.

Are you serious?
Pages: 1 2