Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009 UK Roster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With Wall giving his commentment to UK, what do you think the starting line up will be for next years team? Who do you think will come off the bench? And who do you think will be left off the team?
My starting line up would go as follows
PG-Wall
SG- Meeks (if he returns) or Bledsoe
SF-Miller
PF-Patterson
C-Cousin

Coming off the bench I would have,
6. Orton
7. Dodson
8. Hood
9. Stevenson
10. Harris
11. Pilgrim
12. Liggins
13. Harrelson

That leaves out Galloway, Stewart, and if Meeks does come back that would send Harrelson home.
1 - Wall
2 - Meeks or Dodson
3 - Miller
4 - Patterson
5 - Cousins
I've heard that Wall will be wearing #11 from John Wall in an article, I actually guessed that number a photoshopped picture I done of him when I was putting a uniform on him, so who uses #11 as of now, they are gone.
If Meeks stays:
PG-John Wall
SG Jodie Meeks
SF Ramon Harris
PF Patrick Patterson
C Perry Stevenson

Bench:
6. PF/C Demarcus Cousins
7. PG Eric Bledsoe
8. C Daniel Orton
9. SF Darius Miller
10. SG Jon Hood
11. SF/SG Darnell Dodson
12. PG/SG Kevin Galloway
13. PF Matt Pilgram

If Meeks goes in the draft:
PG Eric Bledsoe
SG John Wall
SF Ramon Harris
PF Patrick Patterson
C Perry Stevenson

Bench:
6. PF/C Demarcus Cousins
7. C Daniel Orton
8. SF Darius Miller
9. SG Jon Hood
10. SF/SG Darnell Dodson
11. PG/SG Kevin Galloway
12. PF Matt Pilgram
13. PG/SG Deandre Liggins

I know a ton of you are thinking Stevenson and Harris starting over Cousins and Miller, but hear me out first. Both have paid their dues as seniors, and have starting experience. Both have been inconsistent but both have been heroes in specific games. Stevenson is one of the nations top returning shot blockers. I do think Miller and Cousins will log more minutes per game than Stevenson and Harris. The big factor being that the lack of the starting role keeping Cousins around at least one more year.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:I've heard that Wall will be wearing #11 from John Wall in an article, I actually guessed that number a photoshopped picture I done of him when I was putting a uniform on him, so who uses #11 as of now, they are gone.

No one wore #11 last year. I think someone will wear it this year though!! :rockon:
ryandamaste5 Wrote:I've heard that Wall will be wearing #11 from John Wall in an article, I actually guessed that number a photoshopped picture I done of him when I was putting a uniform on him, so who uses #11 as of now, they are gone.

Walk-on Adam Delph from PRP sported the #11 last season. I'm sure he'll not be ask to leave considering he doesn't even have a scholarship. I'm sure he'll have no problem wearing Porter's #13 if John Wall demands #11. Coach Cal will recruit the best of the best, but he knows what homegrown means to UK basketball he'll keep as many as KY boys as walk-ons as he can. I'm sure he's talk to Scherbenske, Slone, Delph and Krebs about staying on. They draw crowds, because they're from within the state of KY.
blackcat Wrote:1 - Wall
2 - Meeks or Dodson
3 - Miller
4 - Patterson
5 - Cousins

I like this is Meeks stays in the Draft
The Blue Blur Wrote:If Meeks stays:
PG-John Wall
SG Jodie Meeks
SF Ramon Harris
PF Patrick Patterson
C Perry Stevenson

Bench:
6. PF/C Demarcus Cousins
7. PG Eric Bledsoe
8. C Daniel Orton
9. SF Darius Miller
10. SG Jon Hood
11. SF/SG Darnell Dodson
12. PG/SG Kevin Galloway
13. PF Matt Pilgram

PG Eric Bledsoe
SG John Wall
SF Ramon Harris
PF Patrick Patterson
C Perry Stevenson

Bench:
6. PF/C Demarcus Cousins
7. C Daniel Orton
8. SF Darius Miller
9. SG Jon Hood
10. SF/SG Darnell Dodson
11. PG/SG Kevin Galloway
12. PF Matt Pilgram

I know a ton of you are thinking Stevenson and Harris starting over Cousins and Miller, but hear me out first. Both have paid their dues as seniors, and have starting experience. Both have been inconsistent but both have been heroes in specific games. Stevenson is one of the nations top returning shot blockers. I do think Miller and Cousins will log more minutes per game than Stevenson and Harris. The big factor being that the lack of the starting role keeping Cousins around at least one more year.

So you put the #1 PG in the nation at the SG....:eyeroll: ....dont understand...lol....I think that UK needs to start Miller though...he will I dont know what you are thinking
theVILLE Wrote:So you put the #1 PG in the nation at the SG....:eyeroll: ....dont understand...lol....I think that UK needs to start Miller though...he will I dont know what you are thinking

I'm thinking you need to worry about your Cards. Miller is not a SG neither is Dodson, Liggins or anyone else on the roster other than Meeks. If it gets Bledsoe and Wall on the floor at the same time then so be it. LOL.
theVILLE Wrote:So you put the #1 PG in the nation at the SG....:eyeroll: ....dont understand...lol....I think that UK needs to start Miller though...he will I dont know what you are thinking

If Meeks does go then Wall could play the 2 but Miller would def. be a starter.
if meeks comes back
1.wall-pg
2.meeks-sg
3.miller-sf
4.patterson-pf
5.stevenson-c

6.cousins
7.bledsoe
8.orton
9.hood
10.liggins
11.dodson
12.pilgrim

if he stays in the draft
1.bledsoe-pg
2.wall-sg
3.miller-sf
4.patterson-pf
5.stevenson-c

6.cousins
7.orton
8.hood
9.liggins
10.dodson
11.pilgrim
12.harris
C: DeMarcus Cousins
PFTongue-Pat
SF: Darius Miller
SG:Jodie Meeks
PG:John Wall

6.Bledsoe
7.Orton
8.Dodson
9.Hood
10.Pilgram
11.Steveson
12.Harris
13.Liggins/Galloway
14.Galloway/Liggins
The Blue Blur Wrote:I'm thinking you need to worry about your Cards. Miller is not a SG neither is Dodson, Liggins or anyone else on the roster other than Meeks. If it gets Bledsoe and Wall on the floor at the same time then so be it. LOL.

Im not even worried about the cards they will do fine....I realize dodson and Miller arent PG's but Wall isnt neither....Miller or dodson should be the three spot though
Im sorry but I cant see Stevenson starting over Cousins nor Orton. I love Stevenson, but Cousins is on a whole another world. Stevenson will be the 6th or 7th man off the bench to fill in for P-Pat or play alittle of the center position.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Walk-on Adam Delph from PRP sported the #11 last season. I'm sure he'll not be ask to leave considering he doesn't even have a scholarship. I'm sure he'll have no problem wearing Porter's #13 if John Wall demands #11. Coach Cal will recruit the best of the best, but he knows what homegrown means to UK basketball he'll keep as many as KY boys as walk-ons as he can. I'm sure he's talk to Scherbenske, Slone, Delph and Krebs about staying on. They draw crowds, because they're from within the state of KY.

Krebs and Dwight Perry will be the only two walk ons staying. Landon Slone is looking to transfer.
Meeks will be @ Kentucky next year. You can bet on it.

PG John Wall
SG Jodie Meeks
SF Darius Miller/Darnell Dodson
PF Patrick Patterson
C Demarcus Cousins/Daniel Orton

2nd 5
PG Eric Bledsoe
SG Jon Hood
SF Darnell Dodson
PF Matt Pilgrim/Demarcus Cousins/Perry Stevenson/Josh Harrellson
C Daniel Orton/Demarcus Cousins/Perry Stevenson/Josh Harrellson

Those are the only players who will see any playing time.. Liggins will be the player to go if Meeks leaves the draft..

Technically, there will be no 1st Five, and 2nd Five.. any of those top 10 players will be subbed at any point, and could be played with any combination.. You could even see a 4 guard line up, or maybe even a 3 big man line up.. Stevenson, Harrellson, and Pilgrim will be used, just not quite as much as the first 9, which will most likely be Coach Cals main rotation..
i can't believe people think stevenson will be starting. there is no way ever he'll start over cousins or orton. yes he has paid his dues still dont mean he is a better ball player. wall will not be starting at the SG either he can play it and wll some this year but not as a starter. dodson will go to 2 gaurd if meeks doesn't return with hood as back up.
PG John Wall
SG Jodie Meeks
PF Patrick Patterson
mrfootball03 Wrote:Meeks will be @ Kentucky next year. You can bet on it.

PG John Wall
SG Jodie Meeks
PF Patrick Patterson

2nd 5
PG Eric Bledsoe
SG Jon Hood
SF Darnell Dodson

Those are the only players who will see any playing time.. Liggins will be the player to go if Meeks leaves the draft..

Technically, there will be no 1st Five, and 2nd Five.. any of those top 10 players will be subbed at any point, and could be played with any combination.. You could even see a 4 guard line up, or maybe even a 3 big man line up.. Stevenson, Harrellson, and Pilgrim will be used, just not quite as much as the first 9, which will most likely be Coach Cals main rotation..

Hello, Coach Cal, How are you doing....You seem to have the lineup under control here...lol...only coach cal will decide this..lol...but I think that this will be the lineups...
I think that the linup will be
Wall
Dodson
Miller
Paterson
Orton/cousins
I could still see bledsoe starting a few games too....If meeks comes back move dodson out too
theVILLE Wrote:I think that the linup will be
Wall
Dodson
Miller
Paterson
Orton/cousins
I could still see bledsoe starting a few games too....If meeks comes back move dodson out too

Dodson can't shoot good enough to play the 2 guard in this offense.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Meeks will be @ Kentucky next year. You can bet on it.

PG John Wall
SG Jodie Meeks
PF Patrick Patterson

2nd 5
PG Eric Bledsoe
SG Jon Hood
SF Darnell Dodson

theVILLE Wrote:[/COLOR]
Hello, Coach Cal, How are you doing....You seem to have the lineup under control here...lol...only coach cal will decide this..lol...but I think that this will be the lineups...

The 2nd 5 beats the Cards by 20! :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:The 2nd 5 beats the Cards by 20! :biggrin:

Doubt it...I doubt either 5 beating the cards
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Dodson can't shoot good enough to play the 2 guard in this offense.

Well put miller there and Dodson at the three.....it dont matter....if he cant shoot he soesnt need to be playing anyway
miller shot horribly last year how can any body put him at the 2?
hes a deffensive forward. hopefully he can improve his shootind and hopefully meeks comes back.
The Blue Blur Wrote:If Meeks stays:
PG-John Wall
SG Jodie Meeks
SF Ramon Harris
PF Patrick Patterson
C Perry Stevenson

Bench:
6. PF/C Demarcus Cousins
7. PG Eric Bledsoe
8. C Daniel Orton
9. SF Darius Miller
10. SG Jon Hood
11. SF/SG Darnell Dodson
12. PG/SG Kevin Galloway
13. PF Matt Pilgram

PG Eric Bledsoe
SG John Wall
SF Ramon Harris
PF Patrick Patterson
C Perry Stevenson

Bench:
6. PF/C Demarcus Cousins
7. C Daniel Orton
8. SF Darius Miller
9. SG Jon Hood
10. SF/SG Darnell Dodson
11. PG/SG Kevin Galloway
12. PF Matt Pilgram

PLEASE tell me your joking about Ramon Harris starting
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:PLEASE tell me your joking about Ramon Harris starting

That is what I was hoping...he couldnt play dead in the western...He shouldnt start for my Biddy League team
central fan Wrote:miller shot horribly last year how can any body put him at the 2?
hes a deffensive forward. hopefully he can improve his shootind and hopefully meeks comes back.

I dont know if you noticed or not that you dont have to be able to shoot on the dribble drive offense...you just have to penetrate, which miller can do
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:PLEASE tell me your joking about Ramon Harris starting

:Thumbs:
PG John Wall
SG Jodie Meeks
PF Patrick Patterson

i would love to see meeks return as much as anyone else but UK will win with or without him
Pages: 1 2