Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jeremy Jarmon's UK career is over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeremy Jarmon's football career at Kentucky is over. The senior defensive end has tested positive for an illegal banned substance and is ineligible for competition this season. It ends his career.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=948733

I wish the best of luck to Jeremy.
Very sad. I watched the presser and I cant blame the guy for wanting to lose weight but you have to make sure what your taking is okay with the NCAA. I wish Jeremy nothing but the best of luck.
I think that if you can buy something over the counter, it should not be a banned substance by the NCAA. I sure hate it for him, and wish him luck!!!!!
Sometimes the things that you can buy at GMC and stores of that nature doesnt have all the things they put into them. I like the quote from Jarmon at the end of the presser, he said that he was born a cat and will die a cat.
Here is the thing that ****es me off about this incident...This kid bought dietery products over the counter and gets banned one season. However, we have kids out there who test positive for pot, who get aressted for possesion and what not and all they do is get a slap on the wrist. The NCAA regulations and policies are really out of whack. I think we should all write the NCAA and argue out disgust over this and mention that if they are going to do this to a kid whos intentions were to lsoe weight and nothing more, has had no other diciplinary actions and all he wants to do is graduate and play football for one more year, then they should go back reopen all cases of kids who have been arested and what not and give them major suspension just as Jaromn has been given. I am sorry but after knowing the full story this is pathetic on the NCAA's part and I am very upset about it. The thing most of all that amazes me about this is the kid failed the first test passed the second still had a chance of not winning his appeal and he still stuck by us 100% and opted out of the draft. THAT IS A TRUE BLUE BLOODED CAT!!!!!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Here is the thing that ****es me off about this incident...This kid bought dietery products over the counter and gets banned one season. However, we have kids out there who test positive for pot, who get aressted for possesion and what not and all they do is get a slap on the wrist. The NCAA regulations and policies are really out of whack. I think we should all write the NCAA and argue out disgust over this and mention that if they are going to do this to a kid whos intentions were to lsoe weight and nothing more, has had no other diciplinary actions and all he wants to do is graduate and play football for one more year, then they should go back reopen all cases of kids who have been arested and what not and give them major suspension just as Jaromn has been given. I am sorry but after knowing the full story this is pathetic on the NCAA's part and I am very upset about it. The thing most of all that amazes me about this is the kid failed the first test passed the second still had a chance of not winning his appeal and he still stuck by us 100% and opted out of the draft. THAT IS A TRUE BLUE BLOODED CAT!!!!!

:Thumbs:
Can Jarmon contest this in any way?
Truly hate to hear this!! It says that he had appealed the decision and was denied, at least that was what I read on the KSR article!!
blackcat Wrote:Can Jarmon contest this in any way?

They already have.

He tested positive in February of this year and UK already tried appealing to the NCAA.

The appeal was denied.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Here is the thing that ****es me off about this incident...This kid bought dietery products over the counter and gets banned one season. However, we have kids out there who test positive for pot, who get aressted for possesion and what not and all they do is get a slap on the wrist. The NCAA regulations and policies are really out of whack. I think we should all write the NCAA and argue out disgust over this and mention that if they are going to do this to a kid whos intentions were to lsoe weight and nothing more, has had no other diciplinary actions and all he wants to do is graduate and play football for one more year, then they should go back reopen all cases of kids who have been arested and what not and give them major suspension just as Jaromn has been given. I am sorry but after knowing the full story this is pathetic on the NCAA's part and I am very upset about it. The thing most of all that amazes me about this is the kid failed the first test passed the second still had a chance of not winning his appeal and he still stuck by us 100% and opted out of the draft. THAT IS A TRUE BLUE BLOODED CAT!!!!!

agreed :Thumbs:
This is very tough news for the football program and Jarmon.

I too wish him nothing but the best of luck!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This is very tough news for the football program and Jarmon.

I too wish him nothing but the best of luck!

:Thumbs: I too wish him the best of luck and it is very bad news for the UK football program!
I also wish him the best of Luck

Yes sir.:notworthy

Good Luck Jeremy!
First of all that was a GREAT POST!! I think you just put into words what every fan of kids playing sports wanted to say. I agree he was just trying to do the right thing and the NCAA just smacked the you know what out of him and thats just not right!!!!!!:redboxer:
this is complete B.S. the NCAA needs to smacked right in the F***n Mouth. look at the kids they let get away with by smoking pot and no telling what else they do :mad:
Best of luck to Jarmon in his future endeavors!
Any one on here up for writing the NCAA on this matter...Because if I can get some of you to mail a letter I will write the same letter and we can flood the NCAA with appeals!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Any one on here up for writing the NCAA on this matter...Because if I can get some of you to mail a letter I will write the same letter and we can flood the NCAA with appeals!

H*** Yea ill do it
ComfortEagle Wrote:They already have.

He tested positive in February of this year and UK already tried appealing to the NCAA.

The appeal was denied.

wow, since February, really surprised it hadn't came out before now
wish him the best
C.Clair Wrote:Very sad. I watched the presser and I cant blame the guy for wanting to lose weight but you have to make sure what your taking is okay with the NCAA. I wish Jeremy nothing but the best of luck.

:Thumbs:
this is crap.....diet stuff not pot or steroids, stuff to make him loose some weight and he gets a whole year when the ones who have guns and test posotive for an ILLEGAL drug not an over the counter pill get a minor infraction. **** THE NCAA!!!!!!!!!!
So what is next for Jarmon? Im sure he could play in the NFL.
C.Clair Wrote:So what is next for Jarmon? Im sure he could play in the NFL.

I agree that he can play at the next level. I say he will end up signing with a team by the 2011 season.

Good post. You said everything I wanted to say, except...

THIS SUCKS! :ChairHit: