Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3 players leaving UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just saw on the news that there are 3 players that are leaving UK, Coach Calipari wouldnt say who was leaving. KSR is reporting that AJ Stewart is one of the 3 players that are leaving
I hate it for those guys, but we all knew it was gonna happen. They can go somewhere else and probably play a lot more than they did at UK!!!!
AJ Stewart, Donald Williams, and Jared Carter are the players the article is referring to.
If Stewart and Williams are gone, Kentucky will have either 14 or 15 scholarship players (depending on Meeks decision), which is still over the limit.
I could be wrong, but thats what some believe.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I could be wrong, but thats what some believe.

I believe you are right. That is what most are saying.
Stewart, Porter and Carter are for sure gone, then there are two others left to loose their scholarships....
Carter graduated.
Williams and Liggins are gone. Liggins will get no PT behind Wall, Bledsoe, and Galloway.
heard it was Stewart, Liggins, and Harrelson that are leaving
Stewart, Carter (graduation), Liggins, Harrellson, and Porter. Thats 5 scholarships. Good news boys. Time to play ball.
what about walkon(slone)?
Harrellson said on his Facebook that he wasn't leaving, that he "would be back."
ComfortEagle Wrote:Harrellson said on his Facebook that he wasn't leaving, that he "would be back."

I bet if Coach Cal pulls his scholly, he'll leave. I don't see him fitting in this offense.
The Blue Blur Wrote:I bet if Coach Cal pulls his scholly, he'll leave. I don't see him fitting in this offense.
cal already said he was one of the boys he is impressed with even though i'm with you and think his scholy is gone.
beasy_bo Wrote:cal already said he was one of the boys he is impressed with even though i'm with you and think his scholy is gone.

Impressed or not, there is still one more that has to go and if Meeks comes back that's two more. The two are likely to come from Harrellson, Pilgram, or Liggins. Cal recruited Liggins out of high school, I've never seen Pilgram play but I don't think he nor Harrellson fits in with the rotation of Pat Pat, Stevenson, Orton, and Cousins. All 4 of them can handle the ball, dribble and it's called the dribble-drive offense for a reason. I've never seen Harrellson handle the ball that didn't result in a turn over. We were thin on big men last year and Harrellson still didn't play much. If Coach Cal is nice enough to help these guys get scholly's elsewhere, I believe I'd rather have a full ride and get PT than be paying to ride the pine.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Impressed or not, there is still one more that has to go and if Meeks comes back that's two more. The two are likely to come from Harrellson, Pilgram, or Liggins. Cal recruited Liggins out of high school, I've never seen Pilgram play but I don't think he nor Harrellson fits in with the rotation of Pat Pat, Stevenson, Orton, and Cousins. All 4 of them can handle the ball, dribble and it's called the dribble-drive offense for a reason. I've never seen Harrellson handle the ball that didn't result in a turn over. We were thin on big men last year and Harrellson still didn't play much. If Coach Cal is nice enough to help these guys get scholly's elsewhere, I believe I'd rather have a full ride and get PT than be paying to ride the pine.
i can tell you right now that Pilgrim is head and shoulders above Stevenson. Pilgrim would have gotten to start this past season had he been eligible to play.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:AJ Stewart, Donald Williams, and Jared Carter are the players the article is referring to.

Carter? He graduated this year.
Stardust Wrote:Carter? He graduated this year.

he graduated but he really did have another year of eligibility left
Amun-Ra Wrote:i can tell you right now that Pilgrim is head and shoulders above Stevenson. Pilgrim would have gotten to start this past season had he been eligible to play.

That's your opinion and I got mine. Of all the highlight tapes of Pilgrim, I've never seen any defensive highlights. As I mentioned before, Stevenson is one of the top returning shot blockers in the lineup. Although, Pilgrim is a physical presence I don't think he's the physical presence that's going to take the pressure off of Patterson in the middle, that Stevenson, Cousins or Orton can bring. From all the highlights I've seen of Pilgram he plays like a powerful small forward, something similar to Charles Barkley.
The Blue Blur Wrote:That's your opinion and I got mine. Of all the highlight tapes of Pilgrim, I've never seen any defensive highlights. As I mentioned before, Stevenson is one of the top returning shot blockers in the lineup. Although, Pilgrim is a physical presence I don't think he's the physical presence that's going to take the pressure off of Patterson in the middle, that Stevenson, Cousins or Orton can bring. From all the highlights I've seen of Pilgram he plays like a powerful small forward, something similar to Charles Barkley.

More Charles Hurt than Charles Barkley.
From what have read the players that have already left are Porter, Carter, William and Stewart. The others are up in the air right now, by others I mean Harrellson, Liggins, Galloway.
When is the deadline? When are we going to find out who leaves for sure?
i'd say in july or 1st week of august so the school will know who to charge $$$ as far as the team we're allowed to have 16 players.
Well thats a long time for this to go on. Having people sitting on pens and needles.
EOE Wrote:Well thats a long time for this to go on. Having people sitting on pens and needles.

Everyone will know by about mid june because thats when Meeks has to decide to stay or go. I would guess you'll hear around the first part of June, I don't think Meeks will wait til the deadline to either hire an agent, or take his name out. Then when that happens, Cal will decide who else goes..
I think Coach already knows who is going but is waiting to see what Meeks does, before he tells whoever is going and staying what is going to happen to them.
Harris should be gone....I mean he couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat
Talk about a big announcement... of NOTHING.

We all knew that Carter wouldn't be back even though he had another season of eligibility left. And we all knew that Williams was gone.

The only remotely interesting news was Stewart's departure, but he had to be at the top of everybody's list as far as who would transfer. This just makes it official.
More Cowbell Wrote:Talk about a big announcement... of NOTHING.

We all knew that Carter wouldn't be back even though he had another season of eligibility left. And we all knew that Williams was gone.

The only remotely interesting news was Stewart's departure, but he had to be at the top of everybody's list as far as who would transfer. This just makes it official.

I totally agree!!