Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: One Wish To Cap Off a Sick Recruiting Class
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PLEASE OH PLEASE!!! Go back to the UK uniforms of old! The 60s, 70s and 80s (with the longer shorts, of course)..I dont know, but I love those old simple jerseys..With the big K on the shorts!
I love our jerseys now. Honestly, I think the best in college basketball. I do think that Coach Call will change them a lil' though.
Old School would be the way to go with this team! Let everyone know that the tradition and the KENTUCKY across the jersey puts you up 10 points before the tipoff begins is back!
I personally love the new uniforms. Some of the best looking uniforms we have had and in college basketball. I bought a pair of the shorts and have fell in love with them. The checkered board print is a sweet touch. I really hope we keep these for a while.
did anyone like the black uniforms?
I HATE them LONG, BAGGY shorts they have now. Plain and simple is fine with me, just BLUE AND WHITE, heck with all the black and silver.
:Thumbs: I am so sick of these teams that wear the black jerseys. Im like you, blue and white and nothing else.
Redneck Wrote:I HATE them LONG, BAGGY shorts they have now. Plain and simple is fine with me, just BLUE AND WHITE, heck with all the black and silver.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:did anyone like the black uniforms?

I liked the symbolism of the black uniforms. The fact it was designed to be a one time tribute to one of the true "good guys" of college basketball made those my favorite UK jersey's of All-time. The problem is I guarantee that one day the black jersey's will be worn again just because they are cool or because it is a big game, and at that point the original intent will be lost.

For all those who liked the black uni... the UK vs. Mississippi State football game is supposed to be a "blackout" on Halloween night, so you may get to see the football equivolant.
Id just love to see them brign the white helmet back!
Lets go back to the denim look from 96'. No I'm not serious about that. I would however like to have a baggy and more up to date version of the 94-95 unis, the ones with the "ice sickles" down each side of the shorts. Those are probabily my favorite.
I loved the black ones. I think we should wear them for all road games.
You realize it was a tribute to Mr. Wildcat don't you? It was a one-time memorial to him.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I liked the symbolism of the black uniforms. The fact it was designed to be a one time tribute to one of the true "good guys" of college basketball made those my favorite UK jersey's of All-time. The problem is I guarantee that one day the black jersey's will be worn again just because they are cool or because it is a big game, and at that point the original intent will be lost.

For all those who liked the black uni... the UK vs. Mississippi State football game is supposed to be a "blackout" on Halloween night, so you may get to see the football equivolant.

That would be nice! I hope its a blackout because I'll be attending in that game! On the main topic I personally love the uniforms they have now.
I personally would like to see their uni's changed. I am not a fan of the current ones. I would like to see anything besides the ice sickles or version before that with multiple designs on the shorts.
redneck Wrote:i hate them long, baggy shorts they have now. Plain and simple is fine with me, just blue and white, heck with all the black and silver.
totally agree 100%!!!!!!!!
UKLover Wrote:I personally love the new uniforms. Some of the best looking uniforms we have had and in college basketball. I bought a pair of the shorts and have fell in love with them. The checkered board print is a sweet touch. I really hope we keep these for a while.

i agree, the new uniforms are very nice, put we dont need nice unifomrs to make us look good anymore!!!! LOL