Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Meeks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone heard any new info on Jodie Meeks, I was under the impression that the underclassmen that was going to the NBA had till this past weekend, and I hadn't heard if he was staying in school or NBA.
No, that's not right, Under Classmen have until June 15th to either stay in the draft or pull their name out of the draft...
Navajo4life Wrote:No, that's not right, Under Classmen have until June 15th to either stay in the draft or pull their name out of the draft...

Correct
The longer it takes for Meeks to decide the more likely I think he'll stay in the draft. Hopefully he'll decide soon to stay.
Meeks worked out for the Oklahoma City Thunder Saturday with other college players such as Danny Green (UNC), Antonio Anderson (Memphis), Dar Tucker (DePaul), Marcus Landry (Wisconsin) and Leo Lyons (Missouri).

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-thunder-...le/3369900

Many close to Meeks say that he will withdraw his name from the draft if he is not selected in the 1st round.
I agree that Meeks will pull his name out of the draft after he learns what he has to work on in the future with Coach Calipari. Will it be this week? Who knows, but I think that he knows he will not be selected in the 1st round...
I hope he comes back even if we get Wall Jodie is the missing piece!
i would definitely rather have meeks than wall
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:I hope he comes back even if we get Wall Jodie is the missing piece!

I agree.

UK has already signed a true Point Guard in Eric Bledsoe. John Wall would just be a big bonus.

What UK needs is a great shooter and a Senior leader. Jodie Meeks is both of those and a lot more. If Meeks pulls his name out of the NBA draft then UK will have everything they need to be a championship caliber team next season.

Imagine the balance that UK will have with Meeks coming back.

- A solid, strong point guard in Eric Bledsoe with DeAndre Liggins backing him up.
- Pure shooters with Jodie Meeks and Jon Hood.
- Athletic and long small forwards in Darius Miller, Darnell Dodson, and Ramon Harris.
- Athletic and sizeable big men with Patrick Patterson and Matt Pilgrim (I expect he will be on the roster).
- Powerful, strong big men with shot blocking, shooting, and passing abilities in DeMarcus Cousins and Daniel Orton.
- Other experienced players such as Perry Stevenson.
- The only players that are really in question of returning are Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson, and A.J. Stewart and the rest of the walk-on's.

Meeks holds the big key to UK's success next season.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I agree.

UK has already signed a true Point Guard in Eric Bledsoe. John Wall would just be a big bonus.

What UK needs is a great shooter and a Senior leader. Jodie Meeks is both of those and a lot more. If Meeks pulls his name out of the NBA draft then UK will have everything they need to be a championship caliber team next season.

Imagine the balance that UK will have with Meeks coming back.

- A solid, strong point guard in Eric Bledsoe with DeAndre Liggins backing him up.
- Pure shooters with Jodie Meeks and Jon Hood.
- Athletic and long small forwards in Darius Miller, Darnell Dodson, and Ramon Harris.
- Athletic and sizeable big men with Patrick Patterson and Matt Pilgrim (I expect he will be on the roster).
- Powerful, strong big men with shot blocking, shooting, and passing abilities in DeMarcus Cousins and Daniel Orton.
- Other experienced players such as Perry Stevenson.
- The only players that are really in question of returning are Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson, and A.J. Stewart and the rest of the walk-on's.

Meeks holds the big key to UK's success next season.

agree again cal said he already is very impressed with harrellson so that one good thing its just our back up PGs just need to slow down just a bit instead of trying to force stuff sometimes
Makes you wonder who isn't going to be on the team next year to make enough room for scholarship, and who is going to give there scholarship up and play without the scholarship?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Makes you wonder who isn't going to be on the team next year to make enough room for scholarship, and who is going to give there scholarship up and play without the scholarship?
well the seniors will not be asked to but who knows they might offer it. if you think about it some of these guys that know they are going to make millions might be like i can afford it so why use this on me. i do have a question if a student plays a sport as a walk on for a school then after he graduates can the school pay for it if they wanted to or can he have other availible non-sports scholarships?
Jodie Meeks is scheduled to work out for the Washington Wizards for about an hour tomorrow at 11:00 a.m.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/colle...8540.story
Aaron’s UK Basketball Blog’s reported on KSR that Jodie Meeks worked out for the Detroit Pistons today and could be selected as their first pick at No. 15; but that is a long shot.
If Meeks comes back to UK this year, OMG what a team!!! I have never seen a coach come in and do what Cal has done in such a short time, he has took this team from no tournament bid to a possible 1 seed before they have ever played a game, absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
they got to win alot of games before they get a number one seed, what if all the egos get in the way aand they dont play well together?
cuppett777 Wrote:they got to win alot of games before they get a number one seed, what if all the egos get in the way aand they dont play well together?

Well at this point a lot of things are possible with this team, but the things that are possible with this team are things that have not been possible in the last 12 or so years... And as far as egos you may be right, but I think they will be alright!!!
I just seen a couple of mock drafts and they have Jodee Meeks going in the middle to late second round, one had him going at 42 to the LA Lakers, one mock draft did not have him getting drafted at all and one had him at 54.

If this is the case, then he needs to withdrawl his name and come back to school for his senior year...
Navajo4life Wrote:I just seen a couple of mock drafts and they have Jodee Meeks going in the middle to late second round, one had him going at 42 to the LA Lakers, one mock draft did not have him getting drafted at all and one had him at 54.

If this is the case, then he needs to withdrawl his name and come back to school for his senior year...

I agree if he comes back this year, next year he will go in the first round no problem, barring injury.
I have heard from good sources. That Meeks will definetly be back next season. He's just waiting for the Wall thing to calm down.
The longer he has to think about the NBA the more and more likely that he will not come back. He has until June 15th to take his name out, next year it will be May 23rd or something lik that I do beleive. I sure hope he comes back, he could drop another 54 on UT.
C.Clair Wrote:The longer he has to think about the NBA the more and more likely that he will not come back. He has until June 15th to take his name out, next year it will be May 23rd or something lik that I do beleive. I sure hope he comes back, he could drop another 54 on UT.

I agree!
i also heard the same about meeks going and practicing with the washington wizards from one of his teammates... so hopefully we can get him back and be big blue nation all over again...
I think that Meeks is a great player and UK would be better if they got him back...
but for his future's sake he should stay in the draft....
He was one of the top scorers in the nation last year, but this year his stock can only go down due to all the talent coming into UK. There is gonna be way too many options for him to avg a lot of points....and his scoring is what got him where he is
I hope Jodie can get his money now. I'd rather the kid get paid and risk anohter year of college.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:I agree!

they as a team going drop alot of points on alot of people,lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I think that Meeks is a great player and UK would be better if they got him back...
but for his future's sake he should stay in the draft....
He was one of the top scorers in the nation last year, but this year his stock can only go down due to all the talent coming into UK. There is gonna be way too many options for him to avg a lot of points....and his scoring is what got him where he is

but has has other things coach can show him to make him better