Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class Rankings Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Great For UK and I think them or UNC deserves it....still not sold on it...theVILLE was in there to though!!!
theVILLE Wrote:Great For UK and I think them or UNC deserves it....still not sold on it...theVILLE was in there to though!!!

I wouldn't brag about my basketball recruiting class being ranked behind Miami, Minnesota, Miss. St., and NC State.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:I wouldn't brag about my basketball recruiting class being ranked behind Miami, Minnesota, Miss. St., and NC State.
You did see that they were at the top, right?

Edit: I see now, you were referring to Louisville. LOL. Yea. That's why the picture of the bird looks so mad.
TheRealVille Wrote:You did see that they were at the top, right?

Edit: I see now, you were referring to Louisville. LOL. Yea. That's why the picture of the bird looks so mad.

Oh believe me man, I seen UK at the top and can't be more proud of the Cats.
Way to go Coach Cal!!!
well my two favs are 1 and 2 :-) couldnt be happier
If Wall winds up at UK, it will arguably be the best recruiting class in history.
Not to shabby for his first class. Get used to it fella's, this is the way things are going to go down for awhile.
blackcat Wrote:If Wall winds up at UK, it will arguably be the best recruiting class in history.

Agreed.
C.Clair Wrote:Not to shabby for his first class. Get used to it fella's, this is the way things are going to go down for awhile.

Exactly! :Thumbs:
Nice to see and long time coming. We've not recruited like this since we had Louisville's coach here....
TheRealVille Wrote:You did see that they were at the top, right?

I still yet dont think that UK has the top I think they are number tow behind UNC
theVILLE Wrote:I still yet dont think that UK has the top I think they are number tow behind UNC

Make your arguement then.... justify why? Because ESPN thinks so?
If Kentucky can land Wall, the sensational six will be alive.
theVILLE Wrote:I still yet dont think that UK has the top I think they are number tow behind UNC

The wins are all that matter, and the days of Louisville thinking of beating UK in basketball are over, but it's always nice to know your recruiting class is ranked 19 spots over your arch enemy.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:The wins are all that matter, and the days of Louisville thinking of beating UK in basketball are over, but it's always nice to know your recruiting class is ranked 19 spots over your arch enemy.

Watch and see....UK will loose atleast 8 games and probably more next season....you dont go from NIT to NCAA champions in one season....to many freshamn who think they are the best on one team and you know what that means....to selfish and fall apart like tenessee did this past year...:Thumbs:
theVILLE Wrote:Watch and see....UK will loose atleast 8 games and probably more next season....you dont go from NIT to NCAA champions in one season....to many freshamn who think they are the best on one team and you know what that means....to selfish and fall apart like tenessee did this past year...:Thumbs:

I will disagree with you here. With PP and Meeks (should he be back), and the quality players from last years squad - Miller, Galloway, Stevenson (NO, Not Liggins), plus the addition of Cousins, Orton and a legit playmaker in Bledsoe, this team can compete and be a top ten team immediately. Bledsoe is the key. Everyone wants Wall, but Bledsoe is the type of player needed to feed the ball to PP & Meeks. Wall's game is like Rose's game, which would completely waste the talent we have with Meeks and PP's scoring capabilities. Wall and Bledso are two different types of players. Wall is a Stephon Curry type Point Guard, one who creates shots for himself and offense/scoring is centered around him. Bledsoe is a Chris Paul type player, who thinks defense and playmaking first, but can score when needed.
Take that UNC! lol
Stardust Wrote:I will disagree with you here. With PP and Meeks (should he be back), and the quality players from last years squad - Miller, Galloway, Stevenson (NO, Not Liggins), plus the addition of Cousins, Orton and a legit playmaker in Bledsoe, this team can compete and be a top ten team immediately. Bledsoe is the key. Everyone wants Wall, but Bledsoe is the type of player needed to feed the ball to PP & Meeks. Wall's game is like Rose's game, which would completely waste the talent we have with Meeks and PP's scoring capabilities. Wall and Bledso are two different types of players. Wall is a Stephon Curry type Point Guard, one who creates shots for himself and offense/scoring is centered around him. Bledsoe is a Chris Paul type player, who thinks defense and playmaking first, but can score when needed.

Exactly, UK will have a PG who will get the ball where it is needed, Wall would take away from the rest of the team. This is the year Darius Miller is going to step up big and show why he was a Mr. Basketball. This team is a top 10 team already, the polls just can't put them there because they haven't proven anything.

At Memphis, Cal got the type of PG's that scored oodles of points, it won't be like that at UK, he's going to get big time players at every position, so the PG roll in his offense will change. You probably won't see a PG come from UK and get drafted in the top 5, but they will be good players.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Exactly, UK will have a PG who will get the ball where it is needed, Wall would take away from the rest of the team. This is the year Darius Miller is going to step up big and show why he was a Mr. Basketball. This team is a top 10 team already, the polls just can't put them there because they haven't proven anything.

At Memphis, Cal got the type of PG's that scored oodles of points, it won't be like that at UK, he's going to get big time players at every position, so the PG roll in his offense will change. You probably won't see a PG come from UK and get drafted in the top 5, but they will be good players.

very true and thats what the difference is going to be. the pg wont be a top 5 draft pick but definitely one of the top PGs to go in the draft
Stardust Wrote:I will disagree with you here. With PP and Meeks (should he be back), and the quality players from last years squad - Miller, Galloway, Stevenson (NO, Not Liggins), plus the addition of Cousins, Orton and a legit playmaker in Bledsoe, this team can compete and be a top ten team immediately. Bledsoe is the key. Everyone wants Wall, but Bledsoe is the type of player needed to feed the ball to PP & Meeks. Wall's game is like Rose's game, which would completely waste the talent we have with Meeks and PP's scoring capabilities. Wall and Bledso are two different types of players. Wall is a Stephon Curry type Point Guard, one who creates shots for himself and offense/scoring is centered around him. Bledsoe is a Chris Paul type player, who thinks defense and playmaking first, but can score when needed.

I agree with bledose and wall....but PP and MEEKS have nothing to do with top recruiting class
This is why I hope Wall doesn't come, or if he does, Cal plays him 2nd to Bledsoe.
Are we still behind UNC? Wall is a WILDCAT
Navajo4life Wrote:Are we still behind UNC? Wall is a WILDCAT

No, UK has the number one recruiting class even without John Wall. Now it could be the best class of all time.
Paul Biancardi's interesting read on UK's 2009 recruiting class.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruitin...id=4178802
i think with our new recruit we might drop a few spots LOL!!!

How can you say you don't want John Wall? If his game is like Rose's then we should all be happy. Rose didn't exactly hurt CDR's stats, and that team didn't do so bad either.
Comparing Wall to Steph Curry is a horrible comparison. Wall is an offensive minded PG, but his offense is generated a completely different way than Curry. To compare their games leads me to believe that one has not watched Wall play at all.

Curry is a rise and fire shooter. He uses screens to free up jump shots and 80% of his points come from outside of the paint, whether it be a 3-pointer or a pull up jumper off the drive or hedge.

Wall gets his points in transition, attacking the rim off the bounce, and only marginally scores from set shooting. Wall has dynamic speed and ball handling skills which he uses to get in the paint whether it be off the dribble or after forcing a turnover.

Comparing Wall and Curry is about like comparing Dwight Howard and Yao Ming. Both are centers who score alot of points, rebound the ball well, and block shots, but by no means are their respective games close.

What makes Wall great is the fact that there is no real player that you can truly compare him to. He has shades of Derron Williams in his ability to get to the rim and finish in traffic, and he is also similar to a young Gary Payton in his explosiveness and ability to force turnovers with his speed. I said this before and will say it again. Bledsoe is probably the better PG for UK long term but Wall is a phenom. People can compare Bledsoe to other players all day, but the difference is one day people will be comparing people to John Wall.

It is a consensus opinion Wall would have been a lottery pick this year in the Draft and probably in the top 3 picks.
Personally I think that UK SUCKS and will get beat about 12 games next season...including my BULLDOGS if MSU...They are to young and cant play dead in western with MSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3