Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Texas vs Kentucky?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could be a possible match up in the upcoming season. This is what Calipari said when asked about the schedule.

Q: What about the schedule ...

"We are winding it down. We still have two games to schedule, but the rest of it is pretty much laid out. We are working on next year. I have some stuff going on that will be unbelievable if we can get it done. We are trying to move one game in Louisville and play at another neutral site. Texas has called and wants to play a neutral site game in Houston. We are thinking about Cincinnati, but you really want to protect your home fans in Lexington and make sure they have games. You may want to shove a game into Nashville at some point. It may not be a bad game as a neutral site. I like neutral site games for all of you to understand because what I like to do is split tickets. You get half of the tickets and we get half of the tickets. The reason is that is an NCAA venue, which is what the NCAA is. You are not playing a road game in the NCAA tournament. It will be half and half. We did play one, we played UCLA in California. We were the higher seed but they had 17,000 and we had 1,500. I would love to get a team that would agree to play us in Louisville every year and split the tickets. That would be my preference because every year you know that is the team that we are playing and you don't have to worry about other things."
I want UC on the schedule!
I Want Duke
Texas, Cincinnati, or Duke, would all be great games! Playing Cincinnati in Louisville would seem to make sense for all the fans on both sides.
I say play UNC, DUKE, Mich. st., Uconn, Syaracuse, Cincy, vilanova, louisville, and teams like that, that actuall can dribble the ball....not teams like oneida, gardner Webb, VMI, and teams like that....because if you are going to be the best you have to play the best....and I think UK needs to prove thereselves....and honestly beating DUKE would make Calapari the MAN for along time here in KY....
Calipari is going to be the man for a long time in Kentucky and that's for beating Looserville. We already play UNC, Indiana, UCONN, Looserville, Virginia,

What or who else do we need to play
Navajo4life Wrote:Calipari is going to be the man for a long time in Kentucky and that's for beating Looserville. We already play UNC, Indiana, UCONN, Looserville, Virginia,

What or who else do we need to play

DUKE or Mich. St. and Sucktucky man
theVILLE Wrote:DUKE or Mich. St. and Sucktucky man

lol oh little brother, Louisville needs to work on their schedule, ours will be fine.. :thatsfunn
I also want Duke.
mrfootball03 Wrote:lol oh little brother, Louisville needs to work on their schedule, ours will be fine.. :thatsfunn

Ok we were in the beast East not the SEC man come on....
theVILLE Wrote:Ok we were in the beast East not the SEC man come on....

OMG this is stupid talking crap over schedules i know you didn't start it this time but everyone that has common sense on here knows the big east is better hands down.
beasy_bo Wrote:OMG this is stupid talking crap over schedules i know you didn't start it this time but everyone that has common sense on here knows the big east is better hands down.

THANK YOU:biggrin:
One thing about it, we will have the number one strength of schedule.
theVILLE Wrote:I say play UNC, DUKE, Mich. st., Uconn, Syaracuse, Cincy, vilanova, louisville, and teams like that, that actuall can dribble the ball....not teams like oneida, gardner Webb, VMI, and teams like that....because if you are going to be the best you have to play the best....and I think UK needs to prove thereselves....and honestly beating DUKE would make Calapari the MAN for along time here in KY....

Wow u name off all the teams before the sec lol. it isnt like the big east had been the best for 15 years. if i remember correctly florida just came off of 2 straight championships a few years ago, but

The Villes schedule before big east looked mighty easy
2008-2009 SCHEDULE

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result

11/01/08 vs. GEORGETOWN COLLEGE (Exhib.) * FREEDOM HALL W, 74-67
11/08/08 at Northern Kentucky (Exhib.) * Highland Heights, Ky. W, 84-69
BILLY MINARDI CLASSIC
11/22/08 vs. MOREHEAD STATE FREEDOM HALL W, 79-41
11/23/08 vs. SOUTH ALABAMA FREEDOM HALL W, 81-54

11/30/08 vs. Western Kentucky Nashville, Tenn. L, 68-54
MARQUES MAYBIN CLASSIC
12/06/08 vs. INDIANA STATE FREEDOM HALL W, 83-43
12/07/08 vs. OHIO FREEDOM HALL W, 91-56
12/08/08 vs. LAMAR FREEDOM HALL W, 78-56

12/13/08 vs. AUSTIN PEAY FREEDOM HALL W, 94-75
Well out of the three "cupcakes" you named, two out of the three beat us, lol..and beat us pretty handily, IN RUPP. Give credit to Gillispie though, UK did manage to beat Oneida 42-40 on senior night, thanks to Jodie Meeks' 40 points and 28 rebounds.
theVILLE Wrote:I say play UNC, DUKE, Mich. st., Uconn, Syaracuse, Cincy, vilanova, louisville, and teams like that, that actuall can dribble the ball....not teams like oneida, gardner Webb, VMI, and teams like that....because if you are going to be the best you have to play the best....and I think UK needs to prove thereselves....and honestly beating DUKE would make Calapari the MAN for along time here in KY....
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Texas, Cincinnati, or Duke, would all be great games! Playing Cincinnati in Louisville would seem to make sense for all the fans on both sides.

:Thumbs:
cougarpride08 Wrote:One thing about it, we will have the number one strength of schedule.

Ok thats great....and who had the number one strength of schedule last year.....tennessee....that is the only reason they were in the tourney
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Wow u name off all the teams before the sec lol. it isnt like the big east had been the best for 15 years. if i remember correctly florida just came off of 2 straight championships a few years ago, but

The Villes schedule before big east looked mighty easy
2008-2009 SCHEDULE

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result

11/01/08 vs. GEORGETOWN COLLEGE (Exhib.) * FREEDOM HALL W, 74-67
11/08/08 at Northern Kentucky (Exhib.) * Highland Heights, Ky. W, 84-69
BILLY MINARDI CLASSIC
11/22/08 vs. MOREHEAD STATE FREEDOM HALL W, 79-41
11/23/08 vs. SOUTH ALABAMA FREEDOM HALL W, 81-54

11/30/08 vs. Western Kentucky Nashville, Tenn. L, 68-54
MARQUES MAYBIN CLASSIC
12/06/08 vs. INDIANA STATE FREEDOM HALL W, 83-43
12/07/08 vs. OHIO FREEDOM HALL W, 91-56
12/08/08 vs. LAMAR FREEDOM HALL W, 78-56

12/13/08 vs. AUSTIN PEAY FREEDOM HALL W, 94-75

That was my point...when you play an easy conference play a tougher schedule....and when you do get beat it doesnt look as bad...BILLY G didnt understand that....I like coach cal...but he has never played a tough schedule...