Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: USC & Coach Floyd In Hot Water
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is an article that says that Floyd game money to one of O.J. Mayo's "handelers" to get O.J. to USC.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ys...&type=lgns
C.Clair Wrote:Here is an article that says that Floyd game money to one of O.J. Mayo's "handelers" to get O.J. to USC.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ys...&type=lgns

Just seen this on espn, seems like usc always gets talked about for this.
As I was reading this, I didnt know the football program was getting investigated also.
Football has been investigated for the last three years for similar accusations
I wouldnt doubt it. USC is a dirty school.
C.Clair Wrote:I wouldnt doubt it. USC is a dirty school.

Me either.

Seems to me like they are always accused of having their hands in the cookie jar
Stardust Wrote:Football has been investigated for the last three years for similar accusations

For illegal recruiting of Reggie Bush if I'm not mistaken.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:For illegal recruiting of Reggie Bush if I'm not mistaken.

What did they do to them for this?
Nothing,

Not surprising!! :Thumbs:
MisterPerfect Wrote:What did they do to them for this?

Nothing yet. I think it is still being investigated.

I disagree that USC is any dirtier than ANY Major College in the country. For all you naive folks out there, I'LL GUARENTEE YOU it happens at your favorite school too...... GUARENTEED!
Memphis Grizzlies guard O.J. Mayo has communicated with the U.S. Attorney's office amid allegations that federal laws may have been violated when Mayo's former advisor gave him money and gifts during his high school and college career, according to a source with knowledge of the case. The source would not elaborate on Mayo's contact with federal authorities.

The development comes as the NCAA is looking into whether Mayo's brother Todd Mayo, a high school basketball player, also received improper benefits.

Dan Goodman, the Deputy Criminal Chief of the U.S. Attorney's office for the Central District of Los Angeles, said: "We couldn't comment whether there's an ongoing investigation or not."

Mayo

Federal authorities are investigating Rodney Guillory, the advisor, for possible tax evasion and misuse of charitable organization funds, according to reports.

The NCAA, Pac-10, FBI, IRS and U.S. Attorney's office have been interested in speaking with Mayo since they began investigating questions raised in a May, 2008, "Outside the Lines" report that detailed how Mayo had accepted about $30,000 in cash and other benefits from Guillory.

The "Outside the Lines" report included an interview with former Guillory associate Louis Johnson, who said he helped Guillory provide Mayo with money, meals, clothes, a flat-screen television and other goods until 2008, shortly before Mayo finished his freshman season at USC. The gifts and cash began when Mayo was in high school at North College Hill in Cincinnati. The 6-foot-4 Mayo left USC after his freshman season and was taken with the third pick in the NBA draft by the Minnesota Timberwolves. After a trade, he played this season with the Grizzlies and averaged 18.5 points a game.

While Mayo has responded to inquiries from law enforcement, for more than a year he has declined requests to set up a meeting with NCAA investigators looking into the allegations. After the "Outside the Lines" report aired, Mayo told reporters he planned to cooperate with the NCAA. Mayo could not be reached for comment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4165378