Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Recruiting Class in UK History?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where does this class rank in UK history?
I feel it has to be the best class ever because with Cousins, Ortin that is two sure fire pros and getting Bledsoe tops off a great first year for Coach Cal and only better days lays ahead for the UK basketball:Thumbs:
I agree.
If Kentucky signs John Wall, then this will be the best recruiting class ever in College Basketball

So far, this is the greatest recruiting class ever at UK
I would agree with everyone, this may bery well be the best Class UK has ever had.
There will never be a recruiting class like the Fab 5 at Michigan.
On paper it ranks up there with maybe only the Sam Bowie class, and Tubby's Rondo class with 3 McDonald's All-Americans and Bradley.

With that being said, the Rondo/Crawford/Morris/Bradley class defintely did not meet their hype, so we really can only evaluate them truly after the season.

Still yet, (3) 5 Stars and (2) 4 stars on paper is definately at the top.
If i was someone looking from the outside in, I wouldnt want my team playing UK anytime soon.
I Rule The World Wrote:There will never be a recruiting class like the Fab 5 at Michigan.

Really?
If Uk gets Wall it would be right there with it if not better:

- The #1 and #2 players in the class
- (4) 5* Recruits, (2) 4* Recruits including possibly the #1 JUCO player
- (4) Top 25 players (1,2,22,23)
- (5) Top 40 players (1,2,22,23,40)
If we get Wall and the player pan out, I think this class could very well surpass the Fab Five. We could call them the Sensational Six!
If this list comes to Kentucky:
1. John Wall
2. Demarcus Cousins
3. Daniel Orton
4. Eric Bledsoe
5. Jon Hood
6. Darnell Dodson

Then this is the best class that College Basketball has ever seen!!!!!!!!!

It hurts not getting Xavier Henry, he is a great basketball player and him and Wall together would be a great show every night. But I would rather have Wall because we were in need of a PG. But I'm satisfied with Bledsoe
If we get Wall and win a title that will be better than the fab 5. They didn't even win a title.
Let's not crown them National Champions just yet, I think that Patterson and Meeks will have to come back for that to be a possibility.... Which brings me to this point, I think that we all are under the impression that Meeks returns and the likelihood that Patterson returns is about 75% right now.... Especially if he is guarantee that he will not slip past the 1st round in next years draft...
I Rule The World Wrote:There will never be a recruiting class like the Fab 5 at Michigan.

I totally agree.:Thumbs:
I thought there was a whole lot better talent coming out that would keep patterson from getting a high draft status.
C.Clair Wrote:I would agree with everyone, this may bery well be the best Class UK has ever had.

Agreed.
i think alot depends on how well they do while they're at UK and afterwards
beasy_bo Wrote:i think alot depends on how well they do while they're at UK and afterwards

I was just about to post the same thing; and I agree with this statement.

UK has the number one recruiting class this season already; but, who knows how the recruits will pan out over their Wildcat careers. I think you know what you will get with Cousins, Orton, and Bledsoe. Although, I'm not absolutely sold on Jon Hood and Darnell Dodson just yet. My gut feeling is that both will be fine players and will have great careers at Kentucky though.

All in all, I believe this years Kentucky recruiting class is right there at the top of their all time classes.
None of the above have won a national championship...time will tell. I have seen many players who were overhyped and just didn't fit into the system come and go.

Here's my top class--they came in and left #1

Rick Robey 6'10" New Orleans, LA
Mike Phillips 610" Manchester, OH
Jack Givens 6"4" Lexington, KY
James Lee 6'5" Lexington, KY
Dan Hall 6'10" Betsy Layne finished at Marshall

National Champions 1978

They later added Macy and Claytor at guards (76??)

Here's a good UK stat site http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statist...stics.html
check out the historical trends on rule changes
Confusedhh:
1979 class was a good one Sam Bowie, Charles Hurt, Dirk Minniefield, Derrick Hord and Tom Heitz.

Bowie and Hord were 1st team Parade All-Americans
Minniefield --2nd team
Hurt--3rd team
Heitz 6'9" 1st team all-state Ind.

Before all the recruiting services...Parade All-American was as good as it got.

I hope this incoming class can bring us back.