Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2nd Annual Operation UNITE Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2nd Annual Operation UNITE Bowl
Saturday September 26, 2009
Leslie Co. High School

12:00- Sebastian Middle School (Breathitt) vs. New Harlan
2:00- Perry Central vs. Leslie Co.
4:00- Johnson Central vs. Corbin
6:00- Letcher Central vs. Clay Co.
8:00- Cumberland vs. Herald Whitaker (Magoffin Co.)

What a line-up!!! All are 8th grade games. We had a great bowl last year, and this one should really be something to see.
I Rule The World Wrote:2nd Annual Operation UNITE Bowl
Saturday September 26, 2009
Leslie Co. High School

12:00- Sebastian Middle School (Breathitt) vs. New Harlan
2:00- Perry Central vs. Leslie Co.
4:00- Johnson Central vs. Corbin
6:00- Letcher Central vs. Clay Co.
8:00- Cumberland vs. Herald Whitaker (Magoffin Co.)

What a line-up!!! All are 8th grade games. We had a great bowl last year, and this one should really be something to see.

Nice! Last year was a blast. Can't wait for this year's! Looks like a good day of football.
1.new Harlan

2.leslie Co.

3.johnson Central

4.letcher Central

5.cumberland

These Are My Winners Good Luck To All.
can't wait.
GRIFFIN Wrote:1.new Harlan

2.leslie Co.

3.johnson Central

4.letcher Central

5.cumberland

These Are My Winners Good Luck To All.
I'll agree. This should be a great day of football. Good luck to all. Hope we see an injury free day too. Go Eagles!!!:football:
New Harlan lost a lot of talent, but I hear whispers that this years team could be better than last years. Looking forward to a fun football filled day. Leslie County is a nice place to watch a game and they do a good job hositng.
Patriot Wrote:New Harlan lost a lot of talent, but I hear whispers that this years team could be better than last years. Looking forward to a fun football filled day. Leslie County is a nice place to watch a game and they do a good job hositng.

You think they would be interested in playing Johnson County in a regular season game?
MR. Slate Wrote:You think they would be interested in playing Johnson County in a regular season game?

I think they already have them on the schedule in a bowl game over at Letcher. I'm sure New Harlan could use a home game if their schedule isn't already full. Does Johnson Central have a 5th and 6th grade team that could play as well? New Harlan usually tries to schedule a 5/6 and 7/8 game on the same night.
Originally, that was the plan. For JC to play New Harlan. But they already had the game scheduled at Letcher, so this is how it turned out. All will be very good games.
I just talked to coach Blair and he said we are not playing in a bowl game at Letcher. We were never playing in a bowl game there.
MR. Slate Wrote:I just talked to coach Blair and he said we are not playing in a bowl game at Letcher. We were never playing in a bowl game there.

Well, does anyone at Letcher know who New Harlan is playing in their bowl game over there? I was under the impression it was Johnson, but it wouldn't be the first mistake I've made. I haven't pestered Coach Wood in awhile about how their schedule was coming along recently. I need to do that. :blabbermo

So does Johnson Central have a 5th and 6th grade team?
I know a good Russell 7th grade team that wishes they could come back down and play again !!!!!!
How have you guys been down there... OUB was a great time and the fans and parents are real WINNERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wish we could have a bowl game over here like that. I think coach Howard said it would be next year.