Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Next Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I keep seeing posts and threads saying kentucky will be stacked next year, Now this may be true if jodie meeks and P-pat comes back but i believe if they dont then we will have a decent season and be rebuilding once again, id just like to hear your opinions and thoughts
Great perception and dead on.
If Meeks and Patterson leaves for the NBA, they will be a huge lose. But if, and thats a big IF, we can land John Wall, I still think we will have a heck of a team. Miller is an outstanding player, Liggins will boom under coach Cal because of the way Liggins likes to play, pushing the pase and getting the ball up the floor. Cousins and Orton could play side by side with Pilgrim coming off the bench to give them breaks whenever needed. We still have alot of work to get done in the off season but if they do end up going to the draft, we will be alright.
If they can land Wall I say they make it to the Elite Eight. I'd love to see a National Championship, but as a realist, a dream team can not be made overnight. Even the '96 Wildcats took a 2 or 3 years to develop.
would be a very hard team to beat with both meeks and patterson back along with other players coming in,if they both go we will still be a preatty good team
as said on here 1000 times a lot remains on the pg
C.Clair Wrote:If Meeks and Patterson leaves for the NBA, they will be a huge lose. But if, and thats a big IF, we can land John Wall, I still think we will have a heck of a team. Miller is an outstanding player, Liggins will boom under coach Cal because of the way Liggins likes to play, pushing the pase and getting the ball up the floor. Cousins and Orton could play side by side with Pilgrim coming off the bench to give them breaks whenever needed. We still have alot of work to get done in the off season but if they do end up going to the draft, we will be alright.

Darius Miller is far from an outstanding player, now he does have outstanding talent and will be a great player in a year or 2, now if we land john wall were still outside the top 25 without 90% of are scoring from last year, and if john wall decides to where the famous cat blue then liggins will be a non factor only getting medium time and behind the freshmens talent. you have to remember that we may be starting 2,3,4 freshmen depending on what happens in may, and if so where does the leadership come from, so when it comes down to it we need P-pat and Jodie Meeks
Miller is going to be great under coach Cal, you cant argue that. If Patterson leaves and Meeks stays, we have two big horses that we can fill in there in Cousins and Orton. If Meeks leaves and we land Wall, Liggins is going to be playing the SG. I have high hopes for next year, and if Meeks and Patterson returns I have even higher hopes. Go Cats!
ITS MILLER TIME!!! yeah I think miller will have an incredible season and be great player....But PP is gone I think....Meeks depending on last day to take name out....and STILL NO GUARD....I think they make the tourney but barely probaly if they get no guard....if wall or or bledsoe come than they are an elite 8 team possibly...
theVILLE Wrote:ITS MILLER TIME!!! yeah I think miller will have an incredible season and be great player....But PP is gone I think....Meeks depending on last day to take name out....and STILL NO GUARD....I think they make the tourney but barely probaly if they get no guard....if wall or or bledsoe come than they are an elite 8 team possibly...

So. Patrick is gone to the NBA for sure?

And I believe that if we get Bledsoe or Wall we will make the Elite 8 more than likely.

But, if neither come I believe that we will still make it to the 2nd round of the tournament.

Either way things can only go up for us Wildcats! Go Cats!!!
anything will be better than this year.
i would say 95% sure PPAT is gone.. it all hinges on a PG
theVILLE Wrote:ITS MILLER TIME!!! yeah I think miller will have an incredible season and be great player....But PP is gone I think....Meeks depending on last day to take name out....and STILL NO GUARD....I think they make the tourney but barely probaly if they get no guard....if wall or or bledsoe come than they are an elite 8 team possibly...

- Yes, it is Miller Time.
- Yes, Miller will have a great season in 09-10.
- The Patterson decision is still totally up in the air.
- The Meeks decision is still totally up in the air.
- No guard? I don't understand what you are saying here.
- Kentucky has plenty of guard's and WILL make the NCAA Tourney next season, bank on it.
- If Wall comes, I expect Final Four. If Bledsoe comes, I expect Sweet 16.
MisterPerfect Wrote:So. Patrick is gone to the NBA for sure?

And I believe that if we get Bledsoe or Wall we will make the Elite 8 more than likely.

But, if neither come I believe that we will still make it to the 2nd round of the tournament.

Either way things can only go up for us Wildcats! Go Cats!!!

No I didnt say PP was gone for sure
outdoorsman43 Wrote:- Yes, it is Miller Time.
- Yes, Miller will have a great season in 09-10.
- The Patterson decision is still totally up in the air.
- The Meeks decision is still totally up in the air.
- No guard? I don't understand what you are saying here.
- Kentucky has plenty of guard's and WILL make the NCAA Tourney next season, bank on it.
- If Wall comes, I expect Final Four. If Bledsoe comes, I expect Sweet 16.

Ok who is the guard you are talking about that they have?????
If we land Wall or Bledsoe I think we make it past the first weekend in ncaa tournament. With or Without Patterson and Meeks.
Hopefully they will both stay, and pick up John Wall.
eight ships will def come into play.
theVILLE Wrote:Ok who is the guard you are talking about that they have?????

Liggins and Galloway!!! :Thumbs:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Liggins and Galloway!!! :Thumbs:

Ok a true PG and a guard that can dribble....
theVILLE Wrote:Ok a true PG and a guard that can dribble....

You said guard, not point guard. Be more specific next time.

Liggins will be the PG if UK doesn't sign Wall or Bledsoe (Bledsoe visited UK today and UK is still Wall's favorite according to most recruiting experts). Which I agree, that Liggins is not that great of a PG and UK will have their struggles if Wall or Bledsoe isn't there. But still yet, they will make the NCAA Tourney.
UK will be greatly improved they really need Wall or Bledsoe and both if possible. I myself am a UNC fan but basketball has not been the same with out UK at or near the top. Cant wait to see how well they do. I hope they do well!!!!!!!
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Liggins and Galloway!!! :Thumbs:

i really hope that your joking, galloway had one mayb two good games but thats all, kentucky need there players to return and some new ones
What about the walk on Landon Slone? Any news anyone?
EOE Wrote:What about the walk on Landon Slone? Any news anyone?

Where does he fit. I would rather see the young man transfer if he wants to play basketball. But quite honestly, he may just want to go to school at UK, regardless of playing.
I really dont think that he would fit. I was wondering if anyone knew if he was going somewhere else or just staying to go to school.
^ agreed
ppat is not gone he pulled his name from the draft he is staying at uk
bluedawg11 Wrote:ppat is not gone he pulled his name from the draft he is staying at uk

Great news!
Starters anyone? I was just curious?????? (With Meeks and PP returning)

**Side Note: Why has there been no discussion of Stevenson on any of these discussions? Is he just that far behind Orton and Cousins or what? Just Wondering!**
^ IMO, Stevenson has never been anything better than a bench/role player. Same holds true for Stewart.
Pages: 1 2