Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ACC or SEC??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who is the better football conference???
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Who is the better football conference???

Right now the sec is but the acc was real young. The acc has produced more 1st round draft pics during the last decade then any school. In two years the acc will be the best.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Right now the sec is but the acc was real young. The acc has produced more 1st round draft pics during the last decade then any school. In two years the acc will be the best.

Are you being serious?

ACC is the weakest BCS conference aside from the Big East (and that is debatable)

Up until Virginia Tech defeated a very weak Cincinnatti team this year the ACC was 0-8 in BCS games in this decade. This coming in spite of adding Miami and Boston College.

In that same span the SEC is 10-3 in BCS games and have won 4 National Champions (and Auburn should have had the 5th when they went undefeated in 04-05)

As for the two years statement... with coaches like Saban, Meyer, Richt, Miles, et all...and the fact the SEC has absolutely dominated the recruiting ranking the past five years, I just don't see this happpening.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Are you being serious?

ACC is the weakest BCS conference aside from the Big East (and that is debatable)

Up until Virginia Tech defeated a very weak Cincinnatti team this year the ACC was 0-8 in BCS games in this decade. This coming in spite of adding Miami and Boston College.

In that same span the SEC is 10-3 in BCS games and have won 4 National Champions (and Auburn should have had the 5th when they went undefeated in 04-05)

As for the two years statement... with coaches like Saban, Meyer, Richt, Miles, et all...and the fact the SEC has absolutely dominated the recruiting ranking the past five years, I just don't see this happpening.

I AGREE!!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Are you being serious?

Yea Im serious, and yes cincinati wasn't great but they were a good team they were in a bcs game. Virginia tech beat them fairly easy with a real young team. VT only had two starters eligible for the draft this year if that tells you anything about how young they are. The whole acc was young but talented and they will dominate in two years.:Cheerlead
I can't believe this is even a thread.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Yea Im serious, and yes cincinati wasn't great but they were a good team they were in a bcs game. Virginia tech beat them fairly easy with a real young team. VT only had two starters eligible for the draft this year if that tells you anything about how young they are. The whole acc was young but talented and they will dominate in two years.:Cheerlead

In the past decade Utah has more BCS wins than the entire ACC....
In the past decade Boise State has as many BCS wins as the entire BCS...

The ACC was supposed to dominate when Miami and BC joined, instead it has been the whipping post for other conferences.

Virginia Tech lost to East Carolina last year, had they played Florida, Oklahoma, or USC they would have lost by 30+
No Brainer here...SEC...always has been always will be. Lots of parity and very good coaches. They always have a few coaches in conference with national championships...even now they have four (I can think of) not counting Fulmer. ACC is 6th behind SEC, Big 12, Big 10, PAC 10, Big East.

Their best team got hammered by an unranked LSU team in a bowl game. The SEC is just a brutal league to play in and has been for years. Auburn and Tenn. were down this year but no doubt will bounce back.

Take a look at all the SEC players in the NFL, I'm sure they are well represented.
Sec, Sec, Sec!!!!
Aslan Wrote:I can't believe this is even a thread.

The reason I started this thread was because "Theonly1" is a friend of mine and he was trying to tell me that the ACC is better. So I started this thread to prove him wrong. The worst team in the SEC is as good or better than the best team in the ACC almost every year. :Thumbs:
Sec
this is so stupid NC state and miami is not as good as they
used to be.
Sec.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Right now the sec is but the acc was real young. The acc has produced more 1st round draft pics during the last decade then any school. In two years the acc will be the best.

TheONLY1 Wrote:Yea Im serious, and yes cincinati wasn't great but they were a good team they were in a bcs game. Virginia tech beat them fairly easy with a real young team. VT only had two starters eligible for the draft this year if that tells you anything about how young they are. The whole acc was young but talented and they will dominate in two years.:Cheerlead

You have got to be joking. Not only is the ACC nowhere near as good as the SEC, they aren't even as good as lesser conferences such as the Big Ten, Big 12, or Pac-10. The ACC is no better than the fifth best conference, and even that's debatable. One could easily argue that the Big East or Mountain West was better this past year.

You can bring up the youth in the ACC all you want, but it won't matter. The SEC has just as much youth as the ACC, except their young players are more talented than those in the ACC, and the SEC will still be head and shoulders over their "little brother" the ACC just as much in the future as they are now.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:The reason I started this thread was because "Theonly1" is a friend of mine and he was trying to tell me that the ACC is better. So I started this thread to prove him wrong. The worst team in the SEC is as good or better than the best team in the ACC almost every year. :Thumbs:

I'm glad to see you didn't really have a doubt about the stronger football conference. I don't see how it could even be debated.

I don't know if the worst SEC team would be better than the best ACC team, but I do think you are sort of on the right track in that the SEC is much deeper. Each year, there are 2 or 3 solid ACC teams, 3 or 4 decent teams, and the rest are weak. On the contrary, the SEC usually has 2 or 3 national championship contenders, 3 or 4 solid teams, and the rest are still pretty good. Rarely is there a truly bad SEC team.
I agree, More Cowbell!!
More Cowbell Wrote:You have got to be joking. Not only is the ACC nowhere near as good as the SEC, they aren't even as good as lesser conferences such as the Big Ten, Big 12, or Pac-10. The ACC is no better than the fifth best conference, and even that's debatable. One could easily argue that the Big East or Mountain West was better this past year.

You can bring up the youth in the ACC all you want, but it won't matter. The SEC has just as much youth as the ACC, except their young players are more talented than those in the ACC, and the SEC will still be head and shoulders over their "little brother" the ACC just as much in the future as they are now.

You can't judge a comference by 1 year. I know the acc had a down year last year every conference does. They were young, real young and soon they will be able to compete with any conference and unless you can read the future and tell me they wont your opinion doesn't matter to me.:Thumbs:
The SEC, by far!
SEC is the greatest conference in the land and there isn't even a close second!
Only Program ACC is better then SEC is Basketball, maybe Baseball, But football... naw!!
SEC is the better football conference, but the ACC is much better than many on here want to admit to.
Sec
TheONLY1 Wrote:You can't judge a comference by 1 year. I know the acc had a down year last year every conference does. They were young, real young and soon they will be able to compete with any conference and unless you can read the future and tell me they wont your opinion doesn't matter to me.:Thumbs:

The ACC hasn't been down for "one year", they have been down for the entire decade.

As for the youth...the SEC typically has 10 teams in the Top 25 recruiting classes in the country every single year. No conference's youth can compare to what the SEC reloads with.
Stardust Wrote:SEC is the better football conference, but the ACC is much better than many on here want to admit to.

Justify why they have proven to be a better conference then the SEC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac-10, and for that matter the Big East.
The ACC is on the rise no doubt, but the SEC is still better. AS stated before, the ACC has been down for about a decade while the SEC has owned college football for about 3 years now.
The ACC is an Okay football confrense, but not in the last 5-10 years. I think they have won 1 or 2 national championships to the SEC 4. The players that are in the SEC are alot quicker than the ones in the ACC, just ask the Big 10 or any other confrense that the SEC plays in bowl games.
As much as I absolutely LOVED seeing Tennessee and Auburn struggle this year (as I hope they do EVERY year), they would have won 8 or 9 games if they played in the ACC..
Tin Cup Wrote:No Brainer here...SEC...always has been always will be. Lots of parity and very good coaches. They always have a few coaches in conference with national championships...even now they have four (I can think of) not counting Fulmer. ACC is 6th behind SEC, Big 12, Big 10, PAC 10, Big East.

Their best team got hammered by an unranked LSU team in a bowl game. The SEC is just a brutal league to play in and has been for years. Auburn and Tenn. were down this year but no doubt will bounce back.

Take a look at all the SEC players in the NFL, I'm sure they are well represented.
Just look at the stats and youll see our point, the SEC is in another galaxy than the ACC.
:popcorn:
TheONLY1 Wrote:You can't judge a comference by 1 year. I know the acc had a down year last year every conference does. They were young, real young and soon they will be able to compete with any conference and unless you can read the future and tell me they wont your opinion doesn't matter to me.:Thumbs:

TOLD YOU SO!!!!!! :lmao: :moon:
Pages: 1 2