Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Patrick and Jodie should return next season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Andy Katz writes his Best Moves, Worst Moves, and who should Stay in this espn article about the NBA Draft. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/st...id=4104184

He thinks it would be best for both Jodie and Patrick to return to school next fall.
I hope they read this article and decide to come back!! Go Cats!
Great news for UK fans.
Neither are ready, but I read how some people though Pat Pat would end up in the NBDL, that's ridiculous, even if he did leave he'd have a spot on an NBA roster, the man can play ball.
This is great to hear.
If they really wanted a NCAA Title they would come back. This would be the turn around season for Kentucky if they come back. GO CATS!
WHy is PP in the top 20 picks then???? Just wondering....He should go meeks should stay....meeks needs another year to develope and learn to play ball some...
cougarpride08 Wrote:Great news for UK fans.

???? How?
Mr.Rainman Wrote:If they really wanted a NCAA Title they would come back. This would be the turn around season for Kentucky if they come back. GO CATS!

Look, I'm all for the title, but if a kid can secure his family for a lifetime, he's got to GO!
Couldn't blame either one of them if they wanted to stay in the draft and get paid. If they don't get projected high enough to make guaranteed money then they should come back. They could always go overseas and play j/k.
I read today that Meeks would encourage Patterson to stay in the draft if he is a high enough pick. I dont think that the Patterson family nor the Meeks family needs the money. One more year in coach Cals system would do wounders for both of their NBA stock.
C.Clair Wrote:I read today that Meeks would encourage Patterson to stay in the draft if he is a high enough pick. I dont think that the Patterson family nor the Meeks family needs the money. One more year in coach Cals system would do wounders for both of their NBA stock.

Well facts are facts and PP has gotten injured both of the years he has been there not played in a NCAA tourney game....so chances are he will again and possibly destroy his NBA career....Meeks on the other hand is no were near ready to go
Stardust Wrote:Look, I'm all for the title, but if a kid can secure his family for a lifetime, he's got to GO!

So you think his parents don't want him to stay a extra year so he can get a degree and play on a team that could make a deep tourney run just so they can take all of his cash when he signs that contract. Your wrong my friend.
theVILLE Wrote:Well facts are facts and PP has gotten injured both of the years he has been there not played in a NCAA tourney game....so chances are he will again and possibly destroy his NBA career....Meeks on the other hand is no were near ready to go

You act like he had really serious injuries lol
If they coming back next year, they better start running now.... There wont be no walking the ball up with him, or nothing like they been doing the last so many years. with tubby and billy.
With the draft class prepared for next year. If I was PPAT, I would go. He won't advance any by next year, even if he has success. Kids like John Wall will push him back. So, I believe Andy Katz is wrong once again.
TheONLY1 Wrote:You act like he had really serious injuries lol

Well I mean he missed the last quarter or more of the season??? and never played in the NCAA tourney so why stay
Since he is such an injury risk, how long would he even play in the NBA? The guy is soft anyway, showed it way too often at UK. 6'9" 235 lbs or something like that, and all he wanted to do was lay it up most of the time. Let him go pro, I could care less, he is too much of a liability for UK. Let him take his weak game to the NBA and make a fool of himself, wont bother me any. Meeks is the better player of the two and is the better pro prospect. But I would love to have him come back to UK, then they would definitely have a shot at making a deep tournament run, whether Wall is here or not. We dont need patterson when we have Orton and Cousins possibly starting and Pilgrim and Stevenson coming off the bench. Frontcourt is fine for UK, the backcourt is what needs to be improved a little, and it would be if Meeks comes back and we get either Wall or Bledsoe to go along with Liggins, Galloway, Miller, Hood, and yes even Ramon Harris.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Since he is such an injury risk, how long would he even play in the NBA? The guy is soft anyway, showed it way too often at UK. 6'9" 235 lbs or something like that, and all he wanted to do was lay it up most of the time. Let him go pro, I could care less, he is too much of a liability for UK. Let him take his weak game to the NBA and make a fool of himself, wont bother me any. Meeks is the better player of the two and is the better pro prospect. But I would love to have him come back to UK, then they would definitely have a shot at making a deep tournament run, whether Wall is here or not. We dont need patterson when we have Orton and Cousins possibly starting and Pilgrim and Stevenson coming off the bench. Frontcourt is fine for UK, the backcourt is what needs to be improved a little, and it would be if Meeks comes back and we get either Wall or Bledsoe to go along with Liggins, Galloway, Miller, Hood, and yes even Ramon Harris.

uh i watched almost every game and don't remember PP being soft and he's one of the toughest kids on the team by far. i believe almost everyone would agree:Thumbs:
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Since he is such an injury risk, how long would he even play in the NBA? The guy is soft anyway, showed it way too often at UK. 6'9" 235 lbs or something like that, and all he wanted to do was lay it up most of the time. Let him go pro, I could care less, he is too much of a liability for UK. Let him take his weak game to the NBA and make a fool of himself, wont bother me any. Meeks is the better player of the two and is the better pro prospect. But I would love to have him come back to UK, then they would definitely have a shot at making a deep tournament run, whether Wall is here or not. We dont need patterson when we have Orton and Cousins possibly starting and Pilgrim and Stevenson coming off the bench. Frontcourt is fine for UK, the backcourt is what needs to be improved a little, and it would be if Meeks comes back and we get either Wall or Bledsoe to go along with Liggins, Galloway, Miller, Hood, and yes even Ramon Harris.

Are you a VILLE fan or a UK fan...Say they or something not WE...We are lousville
I am a fan of both UK and Louisville. Yes Patterson is a weakling, all he ever wants to do is shoot layups, he doesn't dunk very much at all. He doesn't box out on either end when rebounding and he gets blocked more than the guards for UK do. Let him go pro, he won't do much anyway.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:I am a fan of both UK and Louisville. Yes Patterson is a weakling, all he ever wants to do is shoot layups, he doesn't dunk very much at all. He doesn't box out on either end when rebounding and he gets blocked more than the guards for UK do. Let him go pro, he won't do much anyway.

This is foolish talk.

Why would a team in the NBA want to draft him if he "don't do much anyway"?
Jodie will come back but its very unlikely that PP will be back, unless that is he wants to be part of something very special next year. I think whatever Meeks does, PP will do the same. They are great friends and value what the other one thinks.