Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK's starting 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After watching the game the other night, who do you think the starting 5 should be???

G-Sparks
G-Rondo
F-Crawford
F-Sims
C-Carter

I say Carter because he will do a better job than Orb or Alleyne. Give Carter 20-24 minutes. He'll put up 8-12 points, 8-12 boards, and block 3-5 shots. Sure he'll make some mistakes I just think he's a better option than the other towers.
That's not a bad starting five but I want be sure until I see them play at least one more game.
I woundn't be suprised to see Carter starting before the season is over, but not at the beginning...he needs more experience...but he WILL play a lot! :thumb:
yeah the way Carter played the other night....he didnt play like a freshmen....but yeah he made a couple of mistakes but 8 points and 7 rebounds and 4 or 5 blocked shots is a great contribution to the team....Crawford will have to produce like Buike did last year.....and i think that Sims will get the starting spot over Sheray Thomas.....but both players are excellent down low threats and will be tought around the rim.....sparks and rondo....what else is there to say!
They will get better and that isnt a bad starting 5
you can't really tell about carter till we play a team with alittle more size and talent
all accept carter and crawford
i think that alleyne and moss should start even if morris can't play they have alleyne and orbzut alleyne don't have to score he chnges he way the opposing teams play completely with his defensive ability
and as for moss he is a much better defender than crawford and can also jack up the 3 he is more physical and plays with heart and emotion
if tubby does not redshirt carter it will be a mistake with the talent of the 3 forwards ( thomas perry nd what i have seen of sims) and the centers even without morris that will be a wasted year for a potentially great player for ky in carter they can flourish on the inside with alleyne and orbzut mainly alleyne you have got to give him a chance to start and play some signifigent minutes for a long period of games
G - Rondo
G - Sparks
F - Crawford
F - Perry
C - Alleyne

One thing UK has for sure this season is depth. I don't look for too many guys to get tired....
I'd go with:

Rondo
Sparks
Crawford
Sims
Orbzut untill Morris comes back, if he gets to come back.

I think Rondo is the best player and will be the one to make the team go. Sparks is exactley that, a SPARK-PLUG. If he shoots well he is capable of keeping UK in the game. Crawford is the best athlete on the team and probabley the most capable scorer. What he did in the SEC tournament last year against LSU was amazing. I think Sims played with more confidence than Perry and Thomas, but it is still awfully early to say for sure. I gave him the nod based on one game, might have to change that later. Finally I went with Orbzut because he is the most seasoned player with more basketball experience than Alleyne and Carter has yet to play anyone with comparable talent. When Morris comes back he is the starter and probabley Kentucky's second best player, third at worst and first at best. I expect to see Carter red-shirt if Tubby thinks Morris will be eligiable.
moss over crawford!