Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK or UNC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Uk or UNC? Just who has the better program. Not who you like. I want to know who you think over all these years is the better program.
Last 5 years UNC...Overall UK
I mean overall not recent.
Overall UK hands down
Agreed
UK.
UK
UNC. They have been around less years and are only a few wins behind UK and 2 championships less. They have been dominant over UK in recent years also.
runninrebs21 Wrote:UNC. They have been around less years and are only a few wins behind UK and 2 championships less. They have been dominant over UK in recent years also.

No. Your wrong. UK is the greatest of all time. They have and will always be the best. UNC is and forever will be #2 to UK.
They are very close but overall I would go with UK.
sherman14 Wrote:No. Your wrong. UK is the greatest of all time. They have and will always be the best. UNC is and forever will be #2 to UK.
Quote:Not who you like.
It looks like you are going against your own advice. These are words from the heart, not statistics, if in fact the statistics say UNC is the best in the last few years.
TheRealVille Wrote:It looks like you are going against your own advice. These are words from the heart, not statistics, if in fact the statistics say UNC is the best in the last few years.
thats not how i meant it i was just sayin uk is #1 and unc is #2
TheRealVille Wrote:It looks like you are going against your own advice. These are words from the heart, not statistics, if in fact the statistics say UNC is the best in the last few years.

In the last 10 years UNC is 275-104 and UK is 268--106 still pretty even. The stats do show UNC being the better team since Roy Williams started (2003-4) UNC has 2 NCAA titles and are 209-37. Since 03-04 UK is 139-63 with 0 NCAA titles. So the last few years UNC is the better program. But overall stats show UK is the better program.
You guys are looking at championships only. Yes UK has 2 more, but they have been around quite a few years longer than UNC. What is their winning percentage compared to UNC. I know UNC is only behind 3 or 4 wins from UK.
runninrebs21 Wrote:You guys are looking at championships only. Yes UK has 2 more, but they have been around quite a few years longer than UNC. What is their winning percentage compared to UNC. I know UNC is only behind 3 or 4 wins from UK.

What else are we supposed to look at?

When did each school adopt basketball?

UK has 2 more titles, more overall wins, probably more conf. titles as well.

I would aslo venture to say UK's program is going to be back on the rise, since Calipari has took over.
UK
UK
Uk>unc
I love UK, but UNC is the best Basketball program in History if you take into consideration that UK has seven years up on UNC for games played.

NCAA Tournament - W/L winning %
UK: 100/45 .690
UNC: 101-39 .721

All time wins
UK: 1988
UNC: 1984

NCAA Championships
UK: 7
UNC: 5

Final 4 appearances
UK: 13
UNC: 18

Beginning of Basketball program
UK: 1903
UNC: 1910

Best Basketball conference - Championships won
SEC: 10
ACC: 11
Stardust Wrote:I love UK, but UNC is the best Basketball program in History if you take into consideration that UK has seven years up on UNC for games played.

All time wins

NCAA Championships

Final 4 appearances

UK has 25 conference titles.
UNC is the better program right now. Thanks to Tubby and Billy G.
UNC got the better program. Uk be around longer, and only got 4 more win and 2 more Championships then UNC. UNC has the better program since Rick left UK. Right now UK isn't in the top 30 programs. But they got the coach that can take them back around the top.
sherman14 Wrote:UK has 25 conference titles.

SEC founded in 1932, ACC founded in 1953..... So what is your point????
sherman14 Wrote:UK has 25 conference titles.

UNC has 16 ACC titles since 1953 - that's a title every 3 years

If UK has 25 SEC titles since 1932 - thats a title every 3 years
cj2561 Wrote:UNC got the better program. Uk be around longer, and only got 4 more win and 2 more Championships then UNC. UNC has the better program since Rick left UK. Right now UK isn't in the top 30 programs. But they got the coach that can take them back around the top.

UK has been off the last couple of seasons. But UK has always been the best.
I can't vote, but I'd go with UK overall. UNC is close however. The past 10 years would got to UNC, but I think the next 10 will go to UK.
Stardust Wrote:I love UK, but UNC is the best Basketball program in History if you take into consideration that UK has seven years up on UNC for games played.

All time wins

NCAA Championships

Final 4 appearances

I love UK basketball but try to be objective and look at the whole picture and hear are a few of my thoughts.

Uk has 7 more years but the first 3 years UK only played 15 games. And in the 7 years prior to UNC they only played 47 games total. Because of NCAA penalties UK did not play the '52-'53 season and did not participate in the post season in '89-'90 or '90-'91. UNC played 27 games in the 1952-53 season and they played 12 games in the post season for 1989-90 and 1990-91. That gives UNC 39 additional games. UK played 47 games prior to the start of UNC but UNC played 29 games when UK was serving NCAA penalties. So I think that erases the 7 year difference and in total UK has been eligible 8 more games than UNC.

UNC has made more final four but won less than UK. UNC has 18 appearances with only 8 made finals winning 5. UK has made 13 appearances with 9 finals made winning 7.

All time win %
UK: 76%
UNC: 73%

NCAA Finals win %
UK- 77.8%
UNC- 62.5%

The teams are very close but UK has the edge whether it be titles, games or win percentage.
They only have 4 more wins, so within the next 2 years UNC will pass them. And Kansas is only about 20 games behind UK
smart1 Wrote:They only have 4 more wins, so within the next 2 years UNC will pass them. And Kansas is only about 20 games behind UK

Doubt it. With all the recruits coming to UK. And the chance of Jodie and PatPat staying UK should and will win many. UNC will not because they are losing good players in Lawson and Hansborough.
sherman14 Wrote:Doubt it. With all the recruits coming to UK. And the chance of Jodie and PatPat staying UK should and will win many. UNC will not because they are losing good players in Lawson and Hansborough.

Not yet!
Pages: 1 2