Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The New UK Arena To Be Built Soon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know what stage we are in getting this thing starting to be built. I have heard so many rumors out there that we was, and then we wasn't, but I wanted to see if anyone know any TRUTH to this and have any info to back it up.
Only thing I've heard is that it may be built around 2015, that's around the time UK's lease with Rupp Arena runs up as well.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Does anyone know what stage we are in getting this thing starting to be built. I have heard so many rumors out there that we was, and then we wasn't, but I wanted to see if anyone know any TRUTH to this and have any info to back it up.

I used to live in the Lexington area for seven years. There were rumors about a new arena the entire time I lived there. I wouldn't believe anything until I saw something actually started.
It was talked about in the Lexington Herald a few months back but haven't heard any more about it.
Will it be completed by the time the lease runs out or will they wait and start in 2015?
I was in Rupp Arena this past weekend watching the Globetrotters play. I was talking to a woman who worked the concession stand and she told me they are for sure building it. It will be placed it the Rupp Arena parking lot. I had asked her if they planned to demo Rupp Arena once the new one was done and she had said no. She told me their contract was up in 2012. She said she feels it will be completed by then. I am a little skeptical though. You would think they would have already broke ground if it was going to be completed by then??
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:I was in Rupp Arena this past weekend watching the Globetrotters play. I was talking to a woman who worked the concession stand and she told me they are for sure building it. It will be placed it the Rupp Arena parking lot. I had asked her if they planned to demo Rupp Arena once the new one was done and she had said no. She told me their contract was up in 2012. She said she feels it will be completed by then. I am a little skeptical though. You would think they would have already broke ground if it was going to be completed by then??

It's going to happen but no time soon. Its still, basically, in the idea phase.
What do you all think it will look like inside and out?