Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK 80 -- Northern 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know its not over yet just wanted to start this so someone can put the final in the thread when its over but not in the title so it won't ruin it for anyone.
I agree PLEASE NO ONE POST THE SCORE
I won't post the final. If anyone wants the final, PM me for it.
I think it would be safe to post it in here. Just no where else. The title lets it be known that this is a final but doesn't give it away unless you check the thread.
BP I changed the title to let everyone know that the thread would contain the score and details so if they check it out its their fault. However I"ve forgotten the final so feel free to post. UK wins.
Kentucky -80
Northern State -51

FG %
UK - 51.5%
NS - 36.2%

Individual Scoring
Sparks - 15
Bradley - 9
Rondo - 8
Carter - 8
Sims - 7
Crawford - 7
Perry - 6
LeMaster - 5
Alleyne - 4
Moss - 2
Thanks BP. I can't believe I forgot it that fast. Simms had what 7 points and 8 rebounds while Carter had 8 points and 7 rebounds. Double Double for the two combine 15 and 15. I don't think Carter will be redshirting.
Nice opening win for UK.....Sparks and Rondo are no doubt the best backcourt in the nation and Freshmen Jared Carter was a bright spot with 8 points and 7 rebounds and the same can be said for Rekalin Sims who had 7 and 8.....alot of things to come from the CATS this year
Stat I agree I think they'll improve a lot hard to judge from a game against a team of Northern States talent. No disrespect intended but it was the first game of the Exh. season and it would be hard to get up for a team that you know your expected to kill. All in all a good game with a lot of room for improvement and I do see them getting a lot better.
Carter also had like 6 or 7 blocks, very impressed with his physical play under the basket, and doesnt simms remind you of chuck hayes playing style.
Free Throw shooting was a problem but cant really tell much about this team against Northern State. Sparks and Rondo look good but the interior is going to be a problem for UK. They have a lot of talent to work with but they should be alright come regular season.
And don't forget if Morris is able to play they'll be even better and deeper. Carter was the best 7 footer on the floor tonight.
Good to see the 'Cats looking so good this early. It's going to be an exciting season.
"CatDawg" Wrote:And don't forget if Morris is able to play they'll be even better and deeper. Carter was the best 7 footer on the floor tonight.

How many games does he get suspended for to you ? I think between 10-15.
Way to go Cats!!!
I can't wait until the game next week
I don't see him playing until 2006.
"CatDawg" Wrote:I don't see him playing until 2006.

I wonder with all this going on if he will return next year after missing so much this year?
I think he'll have to. Go to your dating thread and pm me my answer.
So did the Cats outrebound this team? That is where they needed the most improvment IMO.
"easternkysportsguru" Wrote:How many games does he get suspended for to you ? I think between 10-15.

I heard the first 9 games of the season
Heard Shagarri looked bad.
Had a few good dunks but other than that the only 7 footer that player good IMO was Carter. Better than the other two combined.
I also thought Carter looked good
Carter looked good, but it was just against Northern State, so let's not think he's going to be a stud or anything.

Morris should miss between 8-14 games this season...He should be back in January sometime.
"batpuff" Wrote:Carter also had like 6 or 7 blocks, very impressed with his physical play under the basket, and doesnt simms remind you of chuck hayes playing style.

Don't know where you got 6 or 7 blocks from. He had 3..
Not saying that Carter was GREAT it was just a fact that he was the best of the 7 footers on the court last night.
"CatDawg" Wrote:Not saying that Carter was GREAT it was just a fact that he was the best of the 7 footers on the court last night.

Yeah theres no doubt about that. Woo and Shagari were pitiful last night..
I think a big difference is the fact that Carter is from KY and understands the chance he has and that he could make a difference from the start.