Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Any Open Spots on Your Schedule?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think Corbin is looking to add 1 or 2 more 7th and 8th grade games to their schedule. If you know any coaches/teams that might be interested just reply or send me a PM.
Jackson County Middle School is playing an eighth grade game at Williamsburg on October 10th. Because of the long trip, I told their coach I would love to have a seventh grade game there also. If interested, let me know and I will see if it will work out.
East Hardin Middle School is hosting our annual Jamboree on August 15th. We are still in need of two teams. If interesed please contact me.
We have 2 slots for 7th grade and 2 slots for 8th grade teams for a scrimmage event in NKY on Saturday August 8, 2009. If interested PM me.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I think Corbin is looking to add 1 or 2 more 7th and 8th grade games to their schedule. If you know any coaches/teams that might be interested just reply or send me a PM.
Contact Bell and Whitley ha ha ha you should be able to handle them pretty easy, beat both of them bad last year with that great 7th grade team you had. I was wondering how your 7th grade team got to be in the state playoffs. I'm sure they were beat by Somerset in the conference finales,so who let them in the playoffs, did all conference runner ups go to the playoffs.
plantmanky Wrote:We have 2 slots for 7th grade and 2 slots for 8th grade teams for a scrimmage event in NKY on Saturday August 8, 2009. If interested PM me.

What teams do you have already? Are you playing by HS rules?

cherokee: Teams had to be part of the KYMSFA and win their confrence to get in. If the first team was not part of the KYMSFA or did not join the spot went down to the runnerup.
Campbell Co, Cov Cath and Grant Co are for sures, waiting on a few others. Walton was in until there Middle School coach took their Varsity Head Coach Job. He told me today to find another school to replace them just in case.
It is by HS rules correct and not the NKYFL rules? I would think you could get more teams from that league to play. Did you put it out on the MS football listserv?
barrel Wrote:What teams do you have already? Are you playing by HS rules?

cherokee: Teams had to be part of the KYMSFA and win their confrence to get in. If the first team was not part of the KYMSFA or did not join the spot went down to the runnerup.

You better check this further Somerset (Meese) beat Corbin 7th grade in the championship game at Bell Co and both teams went to the playoffs thats a fact. So who decided to let them in the playoffs sounds like the OLD BUDDY SYSTEM TO ME.
Barrel,

We are not allowed to practice with, scrimmage or play teams in the NKYFL due to insurance reasons, they must be school teams. Still 2 spots open if interested.
cherokee Wrote:You better check this further Somerset (Meese) beat Corbin 7th grade in the championship game at Bell Co and both teams went to the playoffs thats a fact. So who decided to let them in the playoffs sounds like the OLD BUDDY SYSTEM TO ME.

They had a hard time getting 7th grade teams for the playoff. They opened up the 7th grade bracket more because of fewer teams. The way I described is how the 8th grade bracket was made. Coach Mitchel who is the head of the KMSFA is on this site and I am sure would be more than happy to explain. I also believe Coach Bass is on here also who is 2nd in command.

Who should have been in instead of Corbin? If Meese won their confrence and got in then who got "left out"?

The KMSFA sent out emails through the list serve among other methods to get the word out on the 7th and 8th playoffs. If a team did not step up then I do not know what to say. There was an issue with an 8th grade team but that was due to information not being in on time.

Considering who is in charge of the KMSFA I HIGHLY doubt there is any old buddy system since his school is often singled out and is viewed in a different manner due to the school's status.
East Hardin is still in need of one more team to complete our Jamboree. We need a team who wants to play the defending state champions Bluegrass Middle. If any one wants a shot at them contact me here at the school (369-7370). Ask for Coach Perry.
Does anyone know if Letcher Middle's schedule is finished? If it is please post. Cannot get a hold of coach howard.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Does anyone know if Letcher Middle's schedule is finished? If it is please post. Cannot get a hold of coach howard.

GET IT ON HERE WHEN IT IS DONE IT IS A TUFF ONE.
barrel Wrote:They had a hard time getting 7th grade teams for the playoff. They opened up the 7th grade bracket more because of fewer teams. The way I described is how the 8th grade bracket was made. Coach Mitchel who is the head of the KMSFA is on this site and I am sure would be more than happy to explain. I also believe Coach Bass is on here also who is 2nd in command.

Who should have been in instead of Corbin? If Meese won their confrence and got in then who got "left out"?

The KMSFA sent out emails through the list serve among other methods to get the word out on the 7th and 8th playoffs. If a team did not step up then I do not know what to say. There was an issue with an 8th grade team but that was due to information not being in on time.

Considering who is in charge of the KMSFA I HIGHLY doubt there is any old buddy system since his school is often singled out and is viewed in a different manner due to the school's status.
So every champion and every runner up got invited, sure didn't do that for the 8th grade. You seem to know a whole lot coach about #1 man and #2 man so tell us who #3 is . :worthy:
#3 was a guy from Hardin Co and I think 4 is a guy from Gallentin. None of which are me.

Like I said in my post 8th grade was done in the manner I explained in post 6 and 10. I never said EVERY champion got in.
1) team had to be part of the KMSFA
2)win their confrence or place 2nd with the 1st place team optining out or be an independent that quilified through strenght of schedule. There was 1 spot held for an independent in the 8th grade bracket
3)team had to have all paperwork and information in by a set date.

Some confrences were not finished playing in time to take part. Some confrence champions did not join the KMSFA or turn in information on time.

7th grade followed the same format at first but they opened it up to more teams due to the lack of interest by 7th grade teams. All the information went out repeatedly over the listserv about what needed to be done.

There was not as much interest in the 8th grade bracket until near the end. After people started to see the types of teams they had they tried to jump in.

The reason I know what I know is the same reason guys from Bell, Bowling Green, Morgan, Lex Cath, and Bluegrass Middle know things. Listserve, KMSFA meeting at the Nike COY clinic in Louisville and coaching on a team.
Here are some links.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=47647

http://www.digitalsports.com/organizatio...71837.aspx

The LCHS poster in the first link is the head of the organization. If you look in the 7 on 7 thread the FF40212 is the 2nd in charge.
We very much appreciate the information/discussion on the Kentucky Middle School Football Association. We are trying our best to improve middle school football in the Commonwealth. If you have any interest in supporting the effort, please let any of the board members or regional advisors know. Information on the Association and the process to join and participate in the 2009 Kentucky Middle School Football State Championship, as well as the various committees of the Association, can be found on the website: http://www.kymiddleschoolfootball.com

KYMSFA President, Greg Mitchell

P.S. All middle school football programs are welcome to join. Please see rules which have been implemented by the Association at the 2009 annual meeting.
GRIFFIN Wrote:GET IT ON HERE WHEN IT IS DONE IT IS A TUFF ONE.

Getting pumped thinking about it. Heard my cousin was going to coach the 5th and 6th this year.
Still have a spot open for 7th and 8th grade teams for a scrimmage on Saturday August 8th, PM me if interested.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I think Corbin is looking to add 1 or 2 more 7th and 8th grade games to their schedule. If you know any coaches/teams that might be interested just reply or send me a PM.

be sure to let them know if you have any hold backs on your team, they want play anybody that has hold backs
Many teams have hold backs of some kind. It is part of MS sports like it or not. Some areas of the state seem to hold kids back for athletic reasons more than others but it is still part of it.

I personaly do not like the idea of hold backs due to athletic reasons but I know it is something you have to deal with.
cherokee Wrote:be sure to let them know if you have any hold backs on your team, they want play anybody that has hold backs

So you think its right for kids to play in the eighth grade twice?
One of the coaches will give me the schedule this week.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:So you think its right for kids to play in the eighth grade twice?

Personally, my answer would be "no".

Kids go to school to for an education. I understand that extra-curricular activities may encourage many of them to not drop out, but to me they are a "bonus" for doing your schoolwork. They are a privilege, not a right.

Again, that is my personal opinion. Our program would never allow it to happen - regardless of whether or not the student met any age requirement.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:So you think its right for kids to play in the eighth grade twice?

This past year we had 6 players that played on the 8th grade team twice. They started on the 8th grade team as 7th graders. 4 of the 6 have birthdays which that if they were held back would still be able to play HS football as Sr.

I know your question is related to someone being held back in the 8th grade and playing 2 years as an 8th grader. I just wanted to point out that there are kids that could play 2 years of 8th grade ball without being held back.
If they are talented enough, what would you do if you was the coach?
I have had kid that fit what Barrel just said (were good enough as 7th graders to play up), certainly.

As for the idea of a kid who is legitimately in the 8th grade and fails playing again the following year? I say "no".

In my opinion that is not right - not right for the kid #1 and not right for your program. I would surprised if a school principal in this day and age would support that, truthfully.
cougarpride08 Wrote:If they are talented enough, what would you do if you was the coach?

If your asking if I would play them up then the answer is yes. We play up the kids that can. This year we will play up a number of players again.

If your asking if I would suggest the players be held back then the answer is no. Not fair to the kid, his fellow players or the teams we place against.

I would love to have them again but all coaches hate to see upper talent leave.
My mistake. I thought you was talking about if a 7th grader played on a 8th grade team. I really don't believe in holdbacks if that is what you are talking about. I think if the parents decide that for the kid, then they are wasting a year of education for the kids.
Pages: 1 2